Revisiting hair transplant - Please help

1 hour ago, lack of bludflow said:

Agree. Norwood 3 is probably the limit. 

Geesh, don't tell that to the mods.  Basically what I'm seeing is if you're above a NW3, just give up. I agree with people on not going to a hair mill. But there are doctors who are experts in high norwoods. Dr Pittella, Eugenix, HLC, Hasson & Wong just to name a few. They're a bit pricier, but are worth it. 

OP, don't be discouraged. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m back. 
I stopped min for 4  months and started noticing hairs falling out. I’m now back on topical min/fin. 
the thinning of my back hairs is what has really stopped me from getting a HT

but I’m tired y’all. I don’t feel confident anymore. I know I can pull off a good bald look, but I don’t want to. 

my budget is kinda the same still 5k. My budget will get better in a year from now more like 10k.

over the past year I met people with HT that went to hair mills  and they’re happy with their results. I’m not looking for perfection at all, just more coverage of my crown and little but improvement of the hairline

thoughts ?

9BB3E81B-7045-43DA-82D7-A39A5A52C7DC.png

E3489266-C3CF-41B2-B19C-3BCF9EFC0D54.png

15EF2EDD-3EF6-4B90-A475-B3F8E5166617.png

8C8E9A7E-7BCA-46B8-8FBD-E546AB2C9851.png

A8FC52C5-28B4-4D90-A589-C13AF7254B42.png

307CD1BE-0051-49DD-9CC8-99A1D5FEB9FC.jpeg

5F16A3CC-FAC9-492C-AD92-DA9FDA0F6E88.png

Edited by Superslim11

Why not have consultation with Eugenix? 

They are quite experienced in doing High Norwood surgeries and Beard Hair transplant too

With limited Budget like yours you can explore travelling to India.. 

But keep in mind you may need two or Atleast three surgeries for good outcome.. 

Please do have an consultation with the and get their feed back too 

My 2 cents would be that your budget isn't the issue (directly), but your donor area looks relatively scarce.

Given that, id personally wait until you can pay for a more experienced surgeon who to increase your chances of good use of your precious grafts.

Eugenix is a good call.

45 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

My 2 cents would be that your budget isn't the issue (directly), but your donor area looks relatively scarce.

Given that, id personally wait until you can pay for a more experienced surgeon who to increase your chances of good use of your precious grafts.

Eugenix is a good call.

It’s the back of my head right? Can they just take from my sides then ?? My sides are really thick

2 hours ago, Superslim11 said:

It’s the back of my head right? Can they just take from my sides then ?? My sides are really thick

Usually there's more density in the back of the head. It's pretty hard to assess with your hair so short, but it's worth getting your donor assessed to get a good idea of the number of grafts available.

I'd say the main difference in Eugenix is their good use of non-scalp hair (preferably beard of which you appear to have plenty).

There are some very good surgeons in Turkey so wouldn't put you off that, if you choose wisely.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Usually there's more density in the back of the head. It's pretty hard to assess with your hair so short, but it's worth getting your donor assessed to get a good idea of the number of grafts available.

I'd say the main difference in Eugenix is their good use of non-scalp hair (preferably beard of which you appear to have plenty).

There are some very good surgeons in Turkey so wouldn't put you off that, if you choose wisely.

Thanks , I’d like to also hear other peoples opinion on the matter. I know I’m heading to a nw7 but eugenix has had impressive results from my research. 

My goals is to have no bald spots and a more formed hairline, even if that means thin hairs in the crown . I’m also okay with the idea of 2-3 procedures on several years. 

• Valued Contributor

@Superslim11you are still young with such a high grade of baldness plus you are budget constraint ..the only good thing is your head size seems to be narrow ..specially your shape is as such that it is getting narrower as you move down from hairline to crown and thats why you will need less grafts comparatively.

In your budget imo the only viable thing is you can go to a good surgeon and does frontal portion at this stage which will frame your face well and than save money for few years and go for crown...

The other option is to choose a lower package of eugenix and go for a bigger session around 4k to 5k grafts(including beard) which can be somewhere in your budget 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I feel like I’m trapped in between no man’s land. I’m too early to get a HT with my current hair and trajectory , but too far along with all this miniaturization. my look into smp, growing it out and more aggressive regimen.

Eugenix WhatsApp gave a generic solution “2000” grafts to the front ….. lol, and they called me a nw3 currently …. And then mentioned fin which I’m already on. 

yaman - 4500 grafts - god knows where. 

I will keep y’all updated on my journey 

The quality of some of these photos is not very good.  I does seem you're dipping in the donor.  What I can see clearly, however, is the fact you have a lot of miniaturized hairs, particularly in the crown - which I gather - is what's prompting you to consider a hair transplant procedure. So much to consider, but let me give you the basics.

Donor limitation often drives this industry. There's typically not enough to allow for density through the front, top and back.  It's for this reason most doctors will concentrate their efforts, at least initially, to the frontal area.  It's the area you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. It's also the area others see when they interact with you.  Now the crown. 

Think of the crown as a circular area.  You fill it.  Because you've lost, you'll continue losing.  You go on to lose all the hair around the island worth of hair.  You've now created a target area and an unnatural pattern.  Retention of the native hair is imperative.  (Listen to Gatsby).  Get on the meds and stay on them.  Getting on and off is just a waste of time, effort and expense.  Not only will you go on to lose what you would have lost, you'll resume losing hair.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.