Australia or Thailand

Hey guys👋 , I've been considering getting a hair Transplant for the last few years.  I finally have a few months off work, so I'm looking at making it happen over the next couple of months. 

I'm  looking at getting  it done in Australia or Thailand at this stage. While doing research I've noticed the prices seem pretty similar in both countries, The crown Clinic Sydney has a 2000 grafts for $5995 AUD deal.

Looking at the prices in Thailand,  they seem to be about the same.

QUESTIONS

Would the quality generally be more higher in Thailand?

Did I miss out some of the extra expenses that might be added on?

Or any other info I might have missed out?

Thanks guys.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

@Warriors123Australia does not have any clinics or Drs that are even worth considering, but Thailand has 2 clinics that are both forum recommended:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-kongiat-laorwong

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-damkerng-pathomvanich

Use the search function to look for both patient and clinic results for both ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Warriors123 … a couple of us Aussies have some threads of our experiences with Dr Laorwong and Dr Path who are based in Thailand (both recommended doctors on this forum). If you use the search function on here you can read our experiences on the surgery. 

After doing my own research on the doctors here in Australia I wasn’t convinced of the quality of the work they were delivering, and I know @Gatsby, who is extremely knowledgeable about the level of Australian surgeons, doesn’t think much of them. In saying that I know some members have posted some positive results from one local surgeon.

If I was to give you advice, do your research on the two Thai doctors I mentioned above, look at their history of results and compare them to Australian surgeons and see what you feel comfortable with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Warriors123 said:

Any help? 

Could you post some photos so we can assess your current situation?

This would help us determine the surgeons who would be worth considering.

• Like 1

they are around the same price but if you look at it regionally, the australian clinic is charging very cheaply, considering the cost of living in australia can be said to be around double or triple to that on thailand. 

it's not to say that cheap is good, but i haven't really found any really good doctor, result wise or reputation wise on here or other forum/sources that is located in australia.

if you can afford it, why not get the best that your budget can afford. (you do need to take abit of time off for this though)

i think if time isnt a big constraint, you can also consider farther surgeon as long as it fits your needs. flight time and ticket fee is a thing but you want your HT to last you near a lifetime, a day or two extra is not that big of a deal if you see it that way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Could you post some photos so we can assess your current situation?

This would help us determine the surgeons who would be worth considering.

How many grafts do you roughly think I'll need? 🤔 

20220516_215130.jpg

20220516_215811.jpg

20220516_215546.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J-C said:

Maybe anywhere between 3.5k to 4k to start out with, most likely a second session would be needed in the future .. are you on meds? 

3500 grafts or dollars?  Im not in meds.

36 minutes ago, Warriors123 said:

3500 grafts or dollars?  Im not in meds.

Around 3.5k worth of grafts. If your not on meds you would need to consider another procedure in the future as the loss continues. 

• Thanks 1

How old are you ? Just wondering how your loss has progressed so far… Have you considered the use of Fin/Minox..? I’m not a “jump on meds” person, but it’s something that should be carefully considered. obviously with the involvement of the relevant professional’s. 

Edited by J-C

4 minutes ago, J-C said:

How old are you ? Just wondering how your loss had progressed so far… Have you considered the use of Fin/Minox..? I’m not a “jump on meds” person, but it’s something that should be carefully considered. 

I'm 35 years old. I first noticed the  receding line while  getting a haircut when I was 21 years old. 

The next 10 years it slowly receded and was hardly noticeable unless you looked closely. In the last 3 or 4 years it has receded at a much faster rate, and I really dread being out in the wind now lol.

I have looked into meds a little bit, but I dont like the idea of being on them everyday of my life.  I'm  hoping I can have a hair Transplant and if I need to have another one in a few years time it's no problem ( especially if it's under $5000).

You're probably looking at about 4000 grafts to get a good result. 

What is your maximum budget for this procedure? 

You'll likely need to consider jumping on either Finasteride (oral or topical) or oral Minoxidil so you can keep the existing hair you have.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

You're probably looking at about 4000 grafts to get a good result. 

What is your maximum budget for this procedure? 

You'll likely need to consider jumping on either Finasteride (oral or topical) or oral Minoxidil so you can keep the existing hair you have.

My budget for the surgery would be around $10,000 . Is that feasible?

Edited by Warriors123

yeah should be around 4k graft, so 10k$ should be good with many option.

either thai, or some in turkey like dr.bicer.

do keep in mind though you will keep losing hair, while you say that you're fine with spending another 5k down the line, it might not be the end of the line. 
people with end norwood usually need around 10k, so you can use that as a reference, check your family history on how their hair is, or just asses your own.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Warriors123 said:

My budget for the surgery would be around $10,000 . Is that feasible?

$10,000 should be fine if you organise a 2 step strategy. 

1st surgery 3000 grafts

2nd surgery 1000-2000 grafts

Before looking at Asia I would personally look at the following clinics (check out forum results) and if you like what you see then arrange a consultation:

@DrTBarghouthi

HDC

Eugenix

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Warriors123 said:

How many grafts do you roughly think I'll need? 🤔 

20220516_215130.jpg

20220516_215811.jpg

20220516_215546.jpg

You would require around 4000 (plus or minus 500) grafts for your transplantation procedure depending on your choice of hairline. You will also require finasteride to prevent any further progression of baldness on your scalp. If you do not take finasteride then you will eventually lose more hair in the future and new areas will become empty. You will have to go for transplantation on those areas again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely need to get on finasteride - been on it for over 15 years now and no side effects: horny AF, no performance issues and 2 healthy kids.

With your budget and condition it seems Turkey is the option but I suggest saving up some more and going with Dr Laorwong in Thailand - great results and well priced…not cheap but well priced at around 70B per graft.

You don’t want to risk going for a cheaper procedure and ending up with a low density job that stands out.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Try and use our list of recommendations as a starting point for research. 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi guys, i am new on here one thing i noticed with crown clinic is they use trained technicians and not surgeons for many parts of the procedure which if you follow any of the top hair transplant clinics say is a huge red flag. 

Has anybody on here had any experiences with hair drs in bondi? 

I met with them last week the whole procedure is done by surgeons however its 15K for 2600 grafts which is the same price as Dr Ashad in the UK who i believe has the most impressive portfolio of transformations. However that doesnt include flying to the UK and paying for accomodation so the local option would be much more ideal.  

On 5/16/2022 at 11:49 AM, Warriors123 said:

Hey guys👋 , I've been considering getting a hair Transplant for the last few years.  I finally have a few months off work, so I'm looking at making it happen over the next couple of months. 

I'm  looking at getting  it done in Australia or Thailand at this stage. While doing research I've noticed the prices seem pretty similar in both countries, The crown Clinic Sydney has a 2000 grafts for $5995 AUD deal.

Looking at the prices in Thailand,  they seem to be about the same.

QUESTIONS

Would the quality generally be more higher in Thailand?

Did I miss out some of the extra expenses that might be added on?

Or any other info I might have missed out?

Thanks guys.

I have been doing research on hair transplantation for a long time, as a result, I will have a hair transplant once and I want to feel more confident when my hair comes out.I have no idea about thailand and australia. But I did a lot of research on Turkey. Turkey is number one in Europe in terms of aesthetics, the first face transplant was performed there and there are many internationally successful clinics.

Prices are more affordable compared to Europe. I think this is because currencies are worthless. The government has deliberately devalued its currency over the past year. This is bad for them, but extremely good for tourists.I know that hair transplant prices vary between 1500 euros and 5000 euros. I haven't decided which clinic I will have it done yet. but I have to decide between several clinics.