My First Post and Journey...

1 hour ago, StillAlive said:

Thank you for sharing your experience! Out of curiosity, did Yaman's rate stay flat on what was initially agreed, in spite of the extra grafts that you ended up receiving? (And that was a mega session, you went from 3500 estimated grafts to almost 5K). Did you get the DHI implanter or was a different technique used? And also, are you using minox/fin or not?

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to those! 

100% yes. I'd carried extra with me but he remained at the originally quoted price. I was surprised bcoz that was at least 500 grafts more than planned. In all possibility I now no longer have a donor site 😜🤣 who knows. The next 3 months will tell.

My original quote was 4000/4500. I was apprehensive abt that too. But after we met he said I had enough to donate if I chose...which is stupid, I know 🤣. I chose not to take Minoxidil or Finastride so I got a whole lot of multivitamins and multimineral tablets with biotin, saw palmetto, gingko B12 etc etc. As much as I were losing hair, they realized upon shaving I had hair, it had just thinned out  while a lot had disappeared leaving gaps. I know what it's like to be on those Minoxidil type tablets. UGH! Besides libido, I even suffer creatively in music, art n even holding conversations sometimes. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for the reply man, I'm thinking of going to Yaman in September.

He's quoted me 3250$ for 3500-4000 grafts and I'm on the same boat as you regarding medication(No Minox/Fin/Whatever).

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Did he discuss more of a long-term plan/future transplants with you? What did you make of his hairline design? Most people have about 7.5-8K grafts in their donor areas (You hit the jackpot if you are around 10K) so let's say that as eligible candidates, we are all looking at 2 transplants over the course of our lives -some might even opt for a third one but by that time, I wonder if I'll still care- and it's important to plan for those and account for future hair loss.

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Many thanks for the reply man, I'm thinking of going to Yaman in September.

He's quoted me 3250$ for 3500-4000 grafts and I'm on the same boat as you regarding medication(No Minox/Fin/Whatever).

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Did he discuss more of a long-term plan/future transplants with you? What did you make of his hairline design? Most people have about 7.5-8K grafts in their donor areas (You hit the jackpot if you are around 10K) so let's say that as eligible candidates, we are all looking at 2 transplants over the course of our lives -some might even opt for a third one but by that time, I wonder if I'll still care- and it's important to plan for those and account for future hair loss.

Are you committed to Yaman? While I did in fact go to Yaman and I found his staff to be quite good and kind and him to be a pleasant person, and he is in fact quite ethical too in that he recently gave an unhappy client a full refund, I hope you've done enough research. My decision was based on availability, affordability and accessibility. Keep up the research if affordability is not an issue. Remember, his staff has maybe 1 or 2 ppl who speak enough English. They heavily rely on the translator Ihsan and his reservoir of patience n compassion for communication. 

I think he did a passable job with my hairline. On the sides it feels like the template for the Batman suit ears but I can see it might blend in as the hair grow. He kept the hairline deliberately asymmetrical bcoz I told him about how I style my hair and he took that into account while designing it. He does the PRP himself (highly recommend this as it accelerates the healing process) and preps the pores for planting himself. The other stuff is done by his staff. I liked his company the best bcoz he was quiet and focused and I loved that. His staff on the other hand, is quite talkative and one of them is quite...umm... European in her compassion in that she is very objective n doesn't know how to be gentle. That's what I heard another guy say.

The most reassuring thing is when Dr Yaman comes in to inspect the work, he places a hand o  ur back or your arm and it feels like everything in life is good. I know. Weird but it works. I dont know if I have 10K+ grafts. Perhaps it's a thing he says to ppl. But if I do, I might need them for the parts that he did not touch.

Good luck.

Of the doctors that I can afford (not many) he's the only forum recommended one and one who displays consistently good results. That, combined with the fact that I'm 40 and pretty stable in terms of hair loss made me want to give myself this little gift, just in time for my mid-life crisis :D 

I'm fully aware that I may need a second transplant for the crown at 50, but eh, if the first one is good, why not!

PS I'm also absolutely prepared for things going sideways and keeping that buzz cut permanent. I'm surprised at how many dudes look absolutely badass with shaved heads. 

2 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

Of the doctors that I can afford (not many) he's the only forum recommended one and one who displays consistently good results. That, combined with the fact that I'm 40 and pretty stable in terms of hair loss made me want to give myself this little gift, just in time for my mid-life crisis :D 

I'm fully aware that I may need a second transplant for the crown at 50, but eh, if the first one is good, why not!

PS I'm also absolutely prepared for things going sideways and keeping that buzz cut permanent. I'm surprised at how many dudes look absolutely badass with shaved heads. 

Cool. I'm 40 too but I started to notice the most significant reduction in my lush hair at 34. By the time I was 38, I was styling it n positioning my head in a way that wouldn't show the meager vegetation. Alas at 40, it's been unbearable while being surrounded by 30 n 20 year old with gravity defying towering hair or 40 year olds who look like they're older n "uncle" like. I'm too hyper for that. This procedure was for me to worry abt one thing less during my performances.

Thanks for sharing your story and yeah, from that list i would say #4 is probably the one i didn't quite thing people expect as much but it's definitely something you need to watch out for. 

Probably a bit more if you're travelling alone and also bleed a little more during the procedure. 

Also, since you were so kind to have that list, another from me:

NO COFFEE!! It raises your BP and hear rate and increased BP apparently makes you ooze more too. So not a great idea and i didn't get explicitly told not to drink it but a big reason of why my procedure got spread over two days is because my BP and heart rate spiked. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks for sharing your story and yeah, from that list i would say #4 is probably the one i didn't quite thing people expect as much but it's definitely something you need to watch out for. 

Probably a bit more if you're travelling alone and also bleed a little more during the procedure. 

Also, since you were so kind to have that list, another from me:

NO COFFEE!! It raises your BP and hear rate and increased BP apparently makes you ooze more too. So not a great idea and i didn't get explicitly told not to drink it but a big reason of why my procedure got spread over two days is because my BP and heart rate spiked. 

Yes, 100%! My contact n Dr Yaman himself repeatedly stressed to me at least 4 times that I was to get off any coffee, smoking or alcohol for a week before the procedure. I was asked multiple times if I had any issues with BP, STIs etc etc. I was even advised to stay off coffee, smoking n alcohol for a week or so after it too. Thankfully, I detest the taste of coffee, I hate the smell of tobacco and I'm a teetotaller so none of that applied to me. I was like "cool, so business as usual for me"

15 minutes ago, Monero said:

I have transplant 3 days from now and was not advised against coffee. What does other doctors suggest? Yes coffee or no coffee?

I would suggest just stick to essentials like food and water. I spike to another gentleman who said his coffee intake until the day of the surgery left him rather weak and out of sorts that they had to turn it into a 2 day procedure vs 1 day as caffeine is a blood thinner apparently. Then again, clarify that with your doctor.

Caffeine affects your bloodflow... so unless you consume so much that you'd have withdrawal if you don't consume one, best to just not take any, otherwise, lessen your intake, especially right before and after the ops, try not to have any.

You are likely to bleed more if you consume them

• Like 1

SEVEN DAYS... later 😊

The good news is mybhead doesn't quite look like it's been through a shredder anymore... or even like a picked carcass.

The bad news... it's only Day 7 of a very long journey and I don't already have a lush head of hair like Andrew Garfield 🤣🤣🤣

20220526_120615.jpg

20220526_120448.jpg

20220526_120421.jpg

20220526_120351.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, VelvetGold said:

SEVEN DAYS... later 😊

The good news is mybhead doesn't quite look like it's been through a shredder anymore... or even like a picked carcass.

The bad news... it's only Day 7 of a very long journey and I don't already have a lush head of hair like Andrew Garfield 🤣🤣🤣

20220526_120615.jpg

20220526_120448.jpg

20220526_120421.jpg

20220526_120351.jpg

Slow and steady is better than having all your hairs sprout (the next day) lol. But I think youre taking a good mental approach to the whole situation and have went ahead and have done everything necessary to complete. At this point, just sit back, relax, and grow some hairs. 

Looking forward to the updates.

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted anything in a while. So I took a few pictures yesterday. One of them features a bit of a... war wound... that's just me picking at a scab out of boredom. I do feel, however, looking at the donor site, that the technicians could've done a more evenly spaced out job than this so it doesn't look like tiny 1 inch mosters had tried to hack away at my head using tinier axes. 

20220607_161829.jpg

20220607_161737.jpg

20220607_161823.jpg

20220607_161811.jpg

• Confused 1

• Administrators

I’ll be keeping a close eye on your progress. The donor should improve, happy growing. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.