Sides with Finasteride, lowest microdose?

Enoch

I started finasteride (1mg per day) as recommended on here. Unfortunately I got sides only 5 days in. 

I didnt get sexual side effects but I got intense brain fog. The worst brain fog I have ever had. I would get lost walking round the supermarket. It was crazy.it was completely unacceptable to me. I would rather have the sexual sides than that. 

I want to wash finasteride out of my system. So I wondered how long it would take a week's worth of Fin to leave my body after I stop taking it? Maybe a week or 2?

Finally after I have washed it out, and returned my brain chemistry to normal, I want to try microdosing. But I want to start very very low. As low as possible.

I wondered what is the most successful microdose of fin? 1mg per week? 0.5mg eod? 

Any help is appreciated 

I saw someone on Reddit get some success with 0.25mg 3 times a week.

I get minor brain fog but it seems to lessen if I take the pill with food.  Perhaps that just slows down the absorption enough not to notice.  I would only get the fog for 6-7 hours before it disappeared, so another strategy was to take it at night.

I would suggest 0.25mg every 3rd day.  I'm doing that with 1.25mg which seems to work fine enough, but a lot depends on how fast you're balding.

I haven't lost any noticeable ground since I started on fin around 2012-13 experimenting with low doses, but it may just be luck.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Finasteride produces a flat curve response in inhibiting 5AR . Meaning after 0.25 MG there will be a huge reduction in systemic DHT , 0.25 MG or 5 MG do not drastically differ . Very likely that you would have some issues with the lowest dose possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1978matt said:

I saw someone on Reddit get some success with 0.25mg 3 times a week.

I get minor brain fog but it seems to lessen if I take the pill with food.  Perhaps that just slows down the absorption enough not to notice.  I would only get the fog for 6-7 hours before it disappeared, so another strategy was to take it at night.

I would suggest 0.25mg every 3rd day.  I'm doing that with 1.25mg which seems to work fine enough, but a lot depends on how fast you're balding.

I haven't lost any noticeable ground since I started on fin around 2012-13 experimenting with low doses, but it may just be luck.

I higly agree with that!
Your brain fog simply comes from:

Progesterone -> X 5ar X -> Dihydroprogesterone -> ... -> Alloprenganonlone

Your Brain or GABA is simply not working fine if that neurosteroid is missing. 

FIN has a high bioavalibilty and low response curve, so you should really space out the intake and maybe lower the amount as suggtested.

I would also wait with the new dose until the brain fog has been subsided and you are sharp again. 

Edited by didu911
  • Like 1

I am thinking of trying 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which would work out at 1.5mg per week, which if you divide by 7 is 0.2ish per day (obviously it is different from 0.2 per day). I feel like some spread out doses might help.

I haven't taken any fin today and I already feel a little better, so maybe a bit of a reduction might help.

try using fin or dutastride topically maybe it wont give you the brain fog?

also usually our bodies will reach some homeostasis i think if you went back on fin at a lower dose and titrate up after a month the mental sides could clear up

7 hours ago, mmokin said:

try using fin or dutastride topically maybe it wont give you the brain fog?

also usually our bodies will reach some homeostasis i think if you went back on fin at a lower dose and titrate up after a month the mental sides could clear up

There is literally no sign, that the common topicals will reduce sides. 

• 8 months later...

Hello

When I started 3x/week 0.025% I got brain fog for several day at the begining and then all was OK. I got nightmare as well for some nights.

But 5 month later I got penil sensations that are weird, like prostatis symptomes... So I am trying to lower the doses... It seems to not work for me, so I will try xyon duta 1x/week I think.

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV