Hair Growth Centre (HGC) London Dr. Rafiq (Maidavale) - hair mill or an absolute bargain? A comprehensive review.

12 minutes ago, Cutlass said:

Fair point, but this is my personal experience so people deciding to go here would hopefully weigh this review as well as other reviews (which seem to be trash) up when making the choice 

I do agree this clinic is trash but looks like you can get lucky and get the results you want. That’s probs how I would summarise in a sentence. 

I think the key part there is "you can get lucky" but just like playing the lottery, i wouldn't be taking a risk when there's far more safer options with less lifelong ramifications for a bit more money. 

I am happy you are getting overall good results and despite the few doubles, generally it looks natural in design but i would always urge guys not to get the desperation of hair loss to make them go to a place like this even if they need to wait and save up a bit more. 

This review imo is helpful for others to make their own minds up and again, thank you for your honesty on how you felt with them. 

First off, you look good.  Second, I think the rotation of techs is pretty standard.  I'd rather have that than have one tech stand there and get exhausted mid-way through the procedure.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John1991 said:

First off, you look good.  Second, I think the rotation of techs is pretty standard.  I'd rather have that than have one tech stand there and get exhausted mid-way through the procedure.

thank you so much! 

The techs to me were fine, but as I say in my review, I’ve heard some of them are very undertrained and thrown into theatre with little to no experience at HGC (I learnt this all online post op). Can’t say this for fact though so it could be hearsay. 

Edited by Cutlass
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:17 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Have seen two other reviews about this place elsewhere, and needless to say they were botches. Avoid this mill. You got very lucky

Have you got links to them?

• Administrators

The majority of results from hair mills aren’t good, but there’s no doubt some technicians are good, as evidenced here. The problem is there’s no way you know when you’re in the chair. Big gamble.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

The majority of results from hair mills aren’t good, but there’s no doubt some technicians are good, as evidenced here. The problem is there’s no way you know when you’re in the chair. Big gamble.

Ye I would agree, if I had done my research better before this I wouldn’t have gone here. But as I had gone here I thought it was important to document the hair mill customer service experience, the anomaly being the results here however thankfully . 

This was me on the first evening, looking at this now and if I saw this on another thread I probably would think I’ve been butchered at this hair mill, but thankfully it all worked out in the end. Does this look messy and would you think this was a bad job on first inspection as a result? Interesting to see if it looks like you’ve gotten butchered you may still be ok with results. 

6A0533AF-E811-4009-B304-2C60BF076072.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Cutlass said:

This was me on the first evening, looking at this now and if I saw this on another thread I probably would think I’ve been butchered at this hair mill, but thankfully it all worked out in the end. Does this look messy and would you think this was a bad job on first inspection as a result? Interesting to see if it looks like you’ve gotten butchered you may still be ok with results. 

6A0533AF-E811-4009-B304-2C60BF076072.jpeg

It does not look like the cleanest or most refined work here, but you’re right it turned out more than fine 👍🏽

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The title of the thread should be hair mill or luck! A massive gamble to save a few bucks today to spend ten fold tomorrow on a repair (if possible). Glad you got lucky. All the best.

This does seem to be the case, thank god my ignorance didn’t cost me. 

• Like 1

The result is really nice imo. The hairline look natural but looking close you can see many thin / miniaturized hairs which were probably not transplanted, giving it a natural look. That's why I'm looking to find a surgeon willing to transplant leg hair in my hairline, as Dr Umar does.

On 9/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, Rasputin said:

The result is really nice imo. The hairline look natural but looking close you can see many thin / miniaturized hairs which were probably not transplanted, giving it a natural look. That's why I'm looking to find a surgeon willing to transplant leg hair in my hairline, as Dr Umar does.

Is dr umar turkey based? Are you uk based? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 9/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, Rasputin said:

Wait... Leg hair? Is that a thing now? And does it survive and/or even grow very long on the scalp?

• 1 month later...