proper post-op care the best way to save transplanted hairs from initial shedding and fastest way to regrow the transplanted hairs after shedding and keep them?

Its day 6 After my hair transplant and I wanted to discuss best practices when it comes to proper post-op care the best way to save transplanted hairs from initial shedding and fastest way to regrow the transplanted hairs after shedding and keep the bulk of them them?

I have been spraying saline solution every 2 hours and will have my first wash tomorrow.

I used a laser prior to surgery and also had prp on the first day.

This is what I am thinking

Hbot for 60 mins for 7 days

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343533861_The_effect_of_Hyperbaric_Oxygen_Therapy_combined_with_Hair_transplantation_surgery_for_the_treatment_of_alopecia

Biotin Injection once a week for 3 weeks

When is is safe to use the following:

1. topical minoxil 
  2. topical fin 
  3. Lazer cap
  4. prp 
  5. using derma roller

Does anyone have any other suggestion's

Edited by Aussie2020

I’ve always wonderer if growth hormone can be used to increase the rate at which the transplanted hair grows, to get out of the ugly phase faster.  I tried researching it, but there was no info to be found, only one anecdote of a guy who said his fut scar healed faster than expected.

I think you’re on the right track.  You could do oral minox from day 1 though, until you can start applying topical minox.

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

The problem is that you have no control group. You will never know if your hair grew at the same rate if you never used any drugs, etc. The best way is to see post op as a marathon not a sprint. It's where you are at 12 months post op that is the deciding factor. The ugly duckling phase is a given (even temporary shock loss for that matter). By all means use finasteride, minoxidil, etc. But if you are going more aggressive with post op derma rollers, laser, topicals, etc, you really need to give your scalp a chance to heal first from the initial surgery itself and that takes time. My view is that it's the tortoise not the hare that wins in the end. All the best!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The problem is that you have no control group. You will never know if your hair grew at the same rate if you never used any drugs, etc. The best way is to see post op as a marathon not a sprint. It's where you are at 12 months post op that is the deciding factor. The ugly duckling phase is a given (even temporary shock loss for that matter). By all means use finasteride, minoxidil, etc. But if you are going more aggressive with post op derma rollers, laser, topicals, etc, you really need to give your scalp a chance to heal first from the initial surgery itself and that takes time. My view is that it's the tortoise not the hare that wins in the end. All the best!

I agree completely , the shedding phase will happen regardless . Complicating things so much could really be counterproductive sometimes .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a reason for the shed, you can’t stop the shed. It’s just a process of hair growth.

I haven’t read in the hair cycle of the the newly transplanted hair and the whole biochemical processes it goes through but I can imagine when it’s plucked from its home, exposed to harsh environment outside for minutes to hours then implanted at a new home, it must go through massive changes, to gain nutrients, gain blood supply, repair the damage it received, get accustomed to its new home, get the nutrients then start growth again. Whatever growth it had ie the hair you see outside, it must have already detached from that and start a new phase of growth free from damage which is the shed phase if it’s lucky enough to survive.

I imagine there must be an immune component to it too, our immune system recognising that it is self and not some foreign entity. There must be so much going on molecular level. 

So yeah I think it’s not possible to not have a shedding phase. 

And to speed up the healing you do the same as you do for any other part of the body. Rest, get required nutrients and wait. 

Edited by Euphoria