Help. Ready to jump in. Dr. Bicer Turkey. Thoughts and opinions ?

Neily_77

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. 1st post so hope ive posted in the right section. Long time lurker getting ready to take the plunge. 44 years old. Mixed race. Gradual receeding of the hairline for the last 10 years or so. I have been on propecia for years and have very thick hair but my hairline has always caused me problems due to it being high and uneven. For this reason i grew my hair out long from my usual grade 3 which helps me mask the problem. Finally fed up with it and would like the option to have it shorter again so considering fue. Over the last few years ive consulted with Bisanga, Feriduni, erdogan, a few uk docs and most recently Dr. Bicer. Short list was bisanga feriduni and bicer but bicer seems good but so much better cost wise which is great as cost is important but so is a decent result. All quoted around 2000 grafts bar erdogan who was quite a bit higher for some reason and all but bicer and erdogan have examined me in person. Just after some reasurance that my choices are sound before i jump as im about to throw the towel in and book. Does my current situ and hair type lend itself well to the skills of Dr. Bicer as so far she is leading the race due to the reviews and cost factor. Bisanga would of been my choice if money was no object but in truth it is but is Dr. Bicer going to give me a satisfactory result for a third the price. Fire away people. Any input or advice is very much appreciated 😊

Screenshot_20220422-182910_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-182914_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-182918_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-182923_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-182927_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-182931_Gallery.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I would ask the Dr directly if she can achieve the desired density in one pass?

Thanks mike. All the docs i have seen have not mentioned a 2nd run or raised any concerns about density so im guessing all should be good but i will ask the question 👍

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, Neily_77 said:

Not done any research into them tbh

Better stay away from them. 

Pekiner and his consultant have a controversial reputation. There were 2  bad results from him on the same patient on this forum and his representative was behaving in a very strange manner post op in the thread. Also Pekiner allegedly was offering discounts to people in exchange of publishing their results on this forum...Last but not least there was another very poor job from him on the german hairloss forum when he used to work under hlc. Check out Erfahrunhbericht 2×  mit HLC nicht zufrieden on alopeziede. Pekiner clearly performed a botched job... 

HLC has had many subpar results on this forum. I'm not gonna repeat myself, already discussed that many times. Check out Died on the battlefield,  EvansLawrence, bloodhound, Andrei HLC etc etc...

Not a bad clinic but definitely not worth the money. 

Keser is very expensive. He does only small Norwoods and does not use magnifying microscopes. He is methodical and highly involved though. He does have some good results but also some really mediocre ones... He is good for the most part but hey at 3.5€ per graft you can find MUCH better than him in my honest opinion.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Better stay away from them. 

Pekiner and his consultant have a controversial reputation. There were 2  bad results from him on the same patient on this forum and his representative was behaving in a very strange manner post op in the thread. Also Pekiner allegedly was offering discounts to people in exchange of publishing their results on this forum...Last but not least there was another very poor job from him on the german hairloss forum alopeziede when he used to work under hlc. Check out Erfahrunhbericht 2×  mit HLC nicht zufrieden on alopeziede. Pekiner clearly performed a botched job... 

HLC has had many subpar results on this forum. I'm not gonna repeat myself, already discussed that many times. Check out Died on the battlefield,  EvansLawrence, bloodhound, Andrei HLC etc etc...

Not a bad clinic but definitely not worth the money. 

Keser is very expensive. He does only small Norwoods and does not use magnifying microscopes. He is methodical and highly involved though. He does have some good results but also some really mediocre ones... He is good for the most part but hey at 3.5€ per graft you can find MUCH better than him in my honest opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I think im gooing to stick to Dr. Bicer anyway in truth. Seems to be a lot of good about her and her work

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

In answer to your post I have a very high regard for Dr Bicer and I would only choose her if I were you and if you were to have surgery in Turkey. All the best!

Thank you for your advice. Very assuring and much appreciated 🙏

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update and a bit of a u turn. Was ready to push the button with Dr. Bicer but re contacted and just booked up with my original 1st choice Dr. Bisanga for a small procedure in brussels. Big thanks to his fantastic patient advisor Ian who answered every question i had promptly and has been a great help. Still a few months away from the date due to work/home commitments but its in the diary. Looking forward to giving you all an update once done. Wish me luck 🤞

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hope you’ll share your journey here with us. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.