Dr. Konior - ~2,000 graft FUE, Asian Male

sbguy01

Just cut my own hair a few days ago, so the back donor area looks thin.  Didn't take a picture of the back before haircut.

My wife tells me it doesn't look so "choppy" in real life and she doesn't see any noticeable donor problem areas. 

image.thumb.png.531ba6a4c2a4a4f6f0b9c6113a996578.png

And this side picture is from before the hair cut.  Compared to pre-op, I'd say donor area recovery quite well.

image.thumb.png.4175f07d1dd25686e9a2b4bfbb2ca66f.png

• Like 1

Konior is a true gentleman. It’s no surprise he’s offered that fix for you. Also, I appreciate how he’s not feeding you the “wait a full 12-18 months to see what will happen” line. He sees an issue and wants to nip it in the bud asap so the patient is left happy.

im debating sharing my repair journey with him as well. I just might soon

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Konior is a true gentleman. It’s no surprise he’s offered that fix for you. Also, I appreciate how he’s not feeding you the “wait a full 12-18 months to see what will happen” line. He sees an issue and wants to nip it in the bud asap so the patient is left happy.

im debating sharing my repair journey with him as well. I just might soon

Would love to see this on in the forum if you're ever willing to share.

Repair journeys give so much help to others. 

• Like 1

I am Dr K's patient myself and I got the surgery mid July. I start to worry about if I need the touch-up (I also got around 2100 grafts). It seems 2K something is max Dr.K is willing to do per day? I did not see any Dr K's patients who recieved over 2.5K on a single day. I am quite surprised that Dr.K believed that 2K is enough for you...

7 minutes ago, Tutu said:

I am Dr K's patient myself and I got the surgery mid July. I start to worry about if I need the touch-up (I also got around 2100 grafts). It seems 2K something is max Dr.K is willing to do per day? I did not see any Dr K's patients who recieved over 2.5K on a single day. I am quite surprised that Dr.K believed that 2K is enough for you...

I’m a Dr K patient too from around the same time as you (we might have even briefly run into each other lol). Had 2.5k grafts, but it was FUT for an area not too dissimilar than OP. We are still 3 months in; I wouldn’t start worrying at all until month 6, though I admit it’s easier said than done…😂

I think there’s a case or two here of 3k+, but the general sentiment seems right. Tbh, if he can make 2k look like 3k, it isn’t an issue. 

15 hours ago, Tutu said:

Don't worry mate, worst case you will get a 7/10 result and a free touch up to take it to 11/10..

Dr K stands by his work and his patients, better he go the conservative route and add more later than some of the Turkish hair mills that do 5000 grafts in one sitting potentially wrecking guys future prospects

Just now, botchedguy95 said:

Don't worry mate, worst case you will get a 7/10 result and a free touch up to take it to 11/10..

Dr K stands by his work and his patients, better he go the conservative route and add more later than some of the Turkish hair mills that do 5000 grafts in one sitting potentially wrecking guys future prospects

Thank you for your kind words haha. But I would still be very disappointment if I need to repeat that process given the price Dr. K asked for haha. Will keep you all posted!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@sbguy01 I wonder, were you limited by budget, or would Dr. K have inferred from any of your consult convos with him that all you could pay for was 2k grafts?

While you were not "botched" in the general sense, unless Dr K. told you that you 100% would need a 2nd surgery, I objectively do not see how your 1st result is anything but a failure. 

How did the free top-up go? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 1:10 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

I must say it does not seem promising to not have any update at all from OP on this....

Agreed. Maybe he just forgot to update the thread. OP has only posted 33 times so maybe he just forgot to update the thread? 

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators
22 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

@Melvin- Moderator

Anyway to contact OP via email or even the doctor for a statement?

A statement of what? Do you mean an update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Yes an update from the surgeon or maybe the patient? Anyway to send an email to him?

No, the patient has a right to privacy. If he wants to update us, he will. Everyone is notified by email anyway when someone posts on their thread. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, the patient has a right to privacy. If he wants to update us, he will. Everyone is notified by email anyway when someone posts on their thread. 

Thank you Melvin! I appreciate the response. Just worried and hoping that everything with OP is going perfect!

I think Konior offering a free touch up so soon shows he’s a good person. Also there’s nothing wrong with growth and it’s not a failed hair transplant by any means. The doctor probably thought he could do more with less grafts with a little artistry.

1500 more grafts and this will look fantastic.