Top 3-5 in Turkey : Thai as of 2022 - I was scared of propecia

Aussie T

22 minutes ago, NoQuit6911 said:

I saw good results of Long hair clinic on other forums, and they have good google review personally I haven't been there yet but think of to go that clinic.

Google is not a reliable source for reviews. Neither is Yelp/Trustpilot/FB or Insta. Look for reviews here 👍🏽

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aussie T said:

Hi @DrTBarghouthi as per your request 

Many thanks. Yes it does seem that you will need some frontal/ midscalp and possibly some crown work. If crown is not a priority at this stage, then this can be kept for a delayed second stage. By looking at both sets of photos together, you’d probably be looking at around 4k grafts or thereabouts. This will be mainly for your frontal area and hairline as well as adding to your mid section. I would advise restarting finasteride at this stage too. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Many thanks. Yes it does seem that you will need some frontal/ midscalp and possibly some crown work. If crown is not a priority at this stage, then this can be kept for a delayed second stage. By looking at both sets of photos together, you’d probably be looking at around 4k grafts or thereabouts. This will be mainly for your frontal area and hairline as well as adding to your mid section. I would advise restarting finasteride at this stage too. 

I will contact you via WhatsApp for a quote 

• Like 1

Another question I had is that I’m starting to have white hair on the side . Is the donor area the side or the back (or both)? And is it possible to only select non-white hair for the transplant ? 
finally, how far do you guys think the Hair cloning is ? I was researching eugenix and came a cross a video from the female founding doctor that says hair cloning is not far in the future 

Edited by Aussie T

3 hours ago, Aussie T said:

Another question I had is that I’m starting to have white hair on the side . Is the donor area the side or the back (or both)? And is it possible to only select non-white hair for the transplant ? 
finally, how far do you guys think the Hair cloning is ? I was researching eugenix and came a cross a video from the female founding doctor that says hair cloning is not far in the future 

If white hairs are not many in the donor, it is usually possible to be more selective of the non white hairs to the best of our ability. However, if that black hair was to become white in the future, then it will become white in the recipient area later on.  The donor area runs from one side of the ears to the other, including the back part of your scalp ofcourse. 
As for cloning, there seems to be some steady steps. One group in particular are allowed to “ store” follicles in a tissue lab for further research and development. This was a good milestone in that regard. However, it will be still few years mostly before anything materializes- provided everything goes at a good pace. 
I would add Ketoconazole (Nizoral) shampoo twice a week to be used. It is an anti dandruff shampoo, but it could have some role in reducing DHT levels in the scalp. Caffeine based shampoos can also be used other days as there is some weak evidence that these can also positively affect hair. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Aussie T said:

Top surgeons around the world below AU$15k 

I think this would be a bad move. Not so much for your title but as a title in itself. This is the very message that we do not want to be sending out to potential patients who have not engaged in doing any research into the hair transplant industry. Kudos to you though for not falling for a surgeon here in Australia. All the best with your upcoming surgery!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think this would be a bad move. Not so much for your title but as a title in itself. This is the very message that we do not want to be sending out to potential patients who have not engaged in doing any research into the hair transplant industry. Kudos to you though for not falling for a surgeon here in Australia. All the best with your upcoming surgery!

I’m sorry I’m not experience I don’t know if I’ve done anything wrong. And I don’t know whether your comment about Australian surgeons was meant to be taken seriously or rather it was sarcastic. I never thought about Australian surgeons simply because I started from the (perhaps mistaken) assumption that it would be to expensive to do it here 

• Valued Contributor

No you've done nothing wrong at all. Apologies if I came across the wrong way. My point is that it's not just the high price here it's actually because there are no surgeons in Australia that can be recommended. They can not compare to the quality of results, skill set and ethics to those recommended here on the forum. All the best!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

If white hairs are not many in the donor, it is usually possible to be more selective of the non white hairs to the best of our ability. However, if that black hair was to become white in the future, then it will become white in the recipient area later on.  The donor area runs from one side of the ears to the other, including the back part of your scalp ofcourse. 
As for cloning, there seems to be some steady steps. One group in particular are allowed to “ store” follicles in a tissue lab for further research and development. This was a good milestone in that regard. However, it will be still few years mostly before anything materializes- provided everything goes at a good pace. 
I would add Ketoconazole (Nizoral) shampoo twice a week to be used. It is an anti dandruff shampoo, but it could have some role in reducing DHT levels in the scalp. Caffeine based shampoos can also be used other days as there is some weak evidence that these can also positively affect hair. 

Thanks about this, doctor ! I have sent you a WhatsApp message . Thank you 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:14 PM, mrmane85 said:

Eugenix in India (highly recommended for your hairloss grade) have a package of 120 INR per graft ($2.12AUD) so you could get up to 5000 grafts for approx $10,000 Australian.

Look at their clinic and patient results on the forum and see what you think. 

Spain & Belgium look to be out of your price range as their top surgeons are charging $5 AUD per graft and you need at least 4000 grafts IMO. 

I would start fin again, maybe Minoxidil too, and see what your baseline is in 12 months.

At the same time save more money to open up your options further. 

@mrmane85 do you suggest I do my hair transplant done ASAP or rather I wait for another 8 / 10 / 12 months? I have just started finasteride. 

Another question is , if I take Minoxidil, and the minoxidil grows back some hair, and then I discontinue the Minoxidil but continue the finasteride, would I lose the hair I gained with Minoxidil or would I maintain them coz I keep taking the Fin? 

On 4/11/2022 at 10:23 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

@DrTBarghouthi is it safe to use Ketoconazole shampoo shortly after a hair transplant?  

Edited by BaldBobby
Grammar

1 hour ago, BaldBobby said:

@DrTBarghouthi is it safe to use Ketoconazole shampoo shortly after a hair transplant?  

A month after I tend to start it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

7 hours ago, Aussie T said:

@mrmane85 do you suggest I do my hair transplant done ASAP or rather I wait for another 8 / 10 / 12 months? I have just started finasteride. 

Another question is , if I take Minoxidil, and the minoxidil grows back some hair, and then I discontinue the Minoxidil but continue the finasteride, would I lose the hair I gained with Minoxidil or would I maintain them coz I keep taking the Fin? 

I would wait 12 months and save up more $ to you open up your surgeon options. It will also help to stablise your hair loss as you'll have been on fin for 12 months. 

If you make the decision to take Minoxidil then you'll need to commit long-term. You can even use the topical foam once a day to make it easier to commit.

12 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

I would wait 12 months and save up more $ to you open up your surgeon options. It will also help to stablise your hair loss as you'll have been on fin for 12 months. 

If you make the decision to take Minoxidil then you'll need to commit long-term. You can even use the topical foam once a day to make it easier to commit.

Thanks @mrmane85 but the thing is that even if I had saved more money in a year’s time I wouldn’t necessarily want to spend it for the transplant - I’ve got a mortgage and need to direct resources there too. I think AU$ 10-12k, AU$15k at the very very most inclusive of flight and accommodation is what I’m willing to part ways with. No more than that. and I’m a NW IV I’d say , in need of around 3,000 grafts , perhaps slightly north of it. 

re: committing long term to minoxidil

for me it would be much easier to commit to taking a pill (i.e. a 5mg minoxidil + 1mg finasteride) than commit to applying foam every day . That’s because I have already committed to taking the finasteride anyway , so a 1mg pill or a 6mg pill would not make a difference. I just don’t know whether it’s worth committing to the 6mg compound rather than the 1mg - is there any real evidence of better results ? 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:36 AM, Aussie T said:

Thanks @mrmane85 but the thing is that even if I had saved more money in a year’s time I wouldn’t necessarily want to spend it for the transplant - I’ve got a mortgage and need to direct resources there too. I think AU$ 10-12k, AU$15k at the very very most inclusive of flight and accommodation is what I’m willing to part ways with. No more than that. and I’m a NW IV I’d say , in need of around 3,000 grafts , perhaps slightly north of it. 

re: committing long term to minoxidil

for me it would be much easier to commit to taking a pill (i.e. a 5mg minoxidil + 1mg finasteride) than commit to applying foam every day . That’s because I have already committed to taking the finasteride anyway , so a 1mg pill or a 6mg pill would not make a difference. I just don’t know whether it’s worth committing to the 6mg compound rather than the 1mg - is there any real evidence of better results ? 

In your current situation you'll need a minimum of 4000-5000 grafts to get a pleasing result. 

However, if you take the fin and oral min (2.5mg) daily for the next 6-12 months and respond well then this graft count may be a lot lower which is why my personal opinion is to see how your respond to the meds. 

Then you can budget accordingly based on how much grafts you need and $15k may be more than enough at that time.

Edited by mrmane85

10 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

In your current situation you'll need a minimum of 4000-5000 grafts to get a pleasing result. 

However, if you take the fin and oral min (2.5mg) daily for the next 6-12 months and respond well then this graft count may be a lot lower which is why my personal opinion is to see how your respond to the meds. 

Then you can budget accordingly based on how much grafts you need and $15k may be more than enough at that time.

@mrmane85 should I get 1mg fin + 2.5mg minx compounded? Or 1mg + 5mg compounded? or a total of 2.5mg compounded ( i.e. 1mg+1.5mg)? 

Edited by Aussie T