Remove transplanted hair and SMP on fue scars?

Hi I stupidly underwent a hair transplant 6 months ago aged 22 with a UK surgeon (who I’m not prepared to name yet). I originally wanted to discuss with a hair loss doctor about stronger preventative measures (dutasteride/PRP etc) however - as this was a UK surgeon  - I foolishly completely trusted them when they said I didn’t need to worry about further hair loss for a long time due to strong existing hair and was a good candidate for HT. As I’d been worried about my hair this was music to my ears and foolishly went ahead with a HT in November. However, I instantly smelt a rat post surgery, approx zero reinforcement (which I had stressed was important to me to safeguard against future hair loss and had thus shaved my hair to allow), asymmetrical hairline, hairline too low (below facial muscle) and temporal points mis-angled! Anyway, as I actually liked my previous hair and have since thinned slightly on my crown (meaning another HT now - aged 23 - would be reckless) I was wondering if anyone has advice/experience on hair removal with laser/electrolysis and then covering fue scars with smp (which hopefully I won’t have to worry about until I’m in my 40s). NB: I have been on fin & minox ~1.5 year and dutasteride once per week for last 2 months following consultation leading Dr 

• Valued Contributor

You might be better off just shaving and having SMP. Sorry this happened to you because it shouldn't have! I understand how you feel but if you name the surgeon/clinic you will be saving other 22 year old guys from having to go through the same mistakes. All the best!

• Like 4

It is possible to get fue extracted from the the hairline with virtually no recognisable scarring if you go to an elite surgeon. I've also been a victim of a hairline planted way too low and am booked to get it fixed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

It is possible to get fue extracted from the the hairline with virtually no recognisable scarring if you go to an elite surgeon. I've also been a victim of a hairline planted way too low and am booked to get it fixed.

Who is going to do the repair if I may ask?

15 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Any suggestions for UK or Europe for total removal? I have seen Dr Cooley offers electrolysis in US but that might be a bit far for me!

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You might be better off just shaving and having SMP. Sorry this happened to you because it shouldn't have! I understand how you feel but if you name the surgeon/clinic you will be saving other 22 year old guys from having to go through the same mistakes. All the best!

Will definitely do a full review with pictures etc in time - currently exploring options legally as in UK and even have an email stating my only concern is further hair loss so will refrain for now (sorry).

Current short term plan is once my existing hair grows out I can at least have it long and hide the recipient area for now so I can try and live my life. Long term I do think you’re right I’ll have to embrace and go for shave and SMP over the scars - hopefully I can get rid of transplanted hairs with no recipient area scarring in long run and just SMP over the scars and go natural bald guy look. In your experience how effective is SMP at covering ~2000 fue scars if I then shaved hair to grade 1/no guard with clippers? 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Anon99 said:

In your experience how effective is SMP at covering ~2000 fue scars if I then shaved hair to grade 1/no guard with clippers

This is what a world renowned SMP artist can do when it comes to scars. You definitely have excellent options. But just as I have been butchered and you have been I would never want one single person more having to go through this. When you're ready you will be preventing lives from being destroyed. Think about it and wishing you all the best!

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0337.PNG

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This is what a world renowned SMP artist can do when it comes to scars. You definitely have excellent options. But just as I have been butchered and you have been I would never want one single person more having to go through this. When you're ready you will be preventing lives from being destroyed. Think about it and wishing you all the best!

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0337.PNG

Wow thank you so much that has certainly helped me a lot psychologically! And don’t worry I will definitely do a full review - including any repair and/or removal work. May I ask, who is the SMP artist that did such amazing work? 

• Thanks 1

I wonder what it is with the UK and lacking decent transplant doctors?  It seems we have very few trustworthy options here.~
Very sorry to hear about your experience.  Hope you win the legal proceedings if you take that path. 

SMP works wonders on FUE scars, I have faith you'll be happy with the results. :)

Edited by SeanToman

So you had a transplant 6 months ago in a rushed manner. The doctor should have advised you better.

But since it has been only 6 months , shouldnt you wait before you decide about another procedure. Take your time and do not rush into another procedure. As others have said if you can post picture with hidden face people can give you better advice. I think corrective procedure shouldnt be thought till at least a year after transplant unless it is extremely unbearable.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Anon99 said:

Wow thank you so much that has certainly helped me a lot psychologically! And don’t worry I will definitely do a full review - including any repair and/or removal work. May I ask, who is the SMP artist that did such amazing work? 

Caitlin James from SMPAustralia. I also want to recommend that you do nothing surgically for another 6 months. If you do go for repair work you will need to know exactly what you are working with. It will take this long (12 months) from your surgery for this to happen. All the best!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. It would be best to see some photos if possible. You can utilize SMP for FUE scars ofcourse. As for the repair, there are several options in terms of removal/ extraction or combining both.

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SimpleLife said:

I'm in the exact same position, my plan is to reverse the HT (and do a full scalp SMP later on)

Ive seen several cases with little to no scarring. There is still a risk ofcourse, but its possible

take a look at my thread too I have gathered everything there

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JimKan1 said:

take a look at my thread too I have gathered everything there

Awesome, I will share my research & the input of the consultations as well so we can make a good decision going forward👊