Day 29 - Shedding

I'm on day 29 of my hair transplant and I'm experiencing shedding, but I want to make sure that it's normal at this point. My scalp feels as if the skin around the hairs is healing/dying, and if you run your fingers over the area you can feel a slight "bump". Gentle rubbing will loosen the skin and bring hairs with it. Is this normal?

Day 29 is approximately 4 weeks and what you are experiencing is undoubtedly shock loss...yes this is very normal...do you have before and after pics?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Just now, gillenator said:

Day 29 is approximately 4 weeks and what you are experiencing is undoubtedly shock loss...yes this is very normal...do you have before and after pics?

The hair seems to me to be more of the transplanted hairs, not the pre-existing hairs, although I could be mistaken.

• Administrators

Shedding at one month is normal 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Coverdale It's normal, don't worry about it. You're well over the healing period now. Your job is to keep your scalp clean now and the waiting game beings

Sometimes I get the feeling that people are more worried about shedding rather than if the grafts have been placed correctly and the hairline is natural (maybe I'm just crazy) 

😅

• Like 1

Shedding and shock loss are entirely two different things and are induced by completely different factors.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

It'll only get worse into month 2 haha.  Prepare yourself.  Month 3 you should start seeing tiny little thin hairs sprouting, and they'll get thicker over the months after that.

Check out my journey here:

Yeah, it takes a good 6-12 months to fully recover from a entire shed cycle.

Gillenator