Need help! Was I scammed? Does this look like a 4000graft FUT?

MB297

how doctors like this still practice is beyond me. This is in USA? this is just highway robbery/ malpractice. Please give us the name of the clinic, if not at least by PM. How the hell did u find them? There is no way this clinic does more than a handful of a hair transplants/ year. They would not be in business.  What is their main surgery?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MB297 said:

I haven't requested a graft breakdown.

I would like to move on with my life, I think I can't do much either because they made me sign a bunch of legal waivers saying that not all the grafts will be visible some of them will be in the skin blah blah blah.

It doesn’t matter, the graft break down will provide the number of grafts prior to transplantation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

They popped up through google search, were really close to where I lived, were giving a really good rate. I consulted them twice but unfortunately did not do my due diligence.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, MB297 said:

They popped up through google search, were really close to where I lived, were giving a really good rate. I consulted them twice but unfortunately did not do my due diligence.

I have enabled your private messaging, please reach out to me, I would like to see how I can help you.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, MB297 said:

I did not take any side post op pics but yes mostly it was ear to ear. He said the 1 and 2 hair grafts don't stick out, is this bs?

Then it should have at min 3k grafts with average density. You should definetly ask them for strip photos. Perhaps they thought you are not that knowledgeble, naive, from initial consult. Always ask tough questions from doctors, this forum gives you plenty of research info.

Edited by civic

This is really sad. Hopefully Melvin can help you get some type of resolution. I certainly wouldn't just move on if I was you. I also wouldn't return to get my stitches removed. Any general practitioner can remove stitches. They completely took advantage of you and I wouldn't be able to hold myself back from telling them how I feel if I returned. 

8 minutes ago, MB297 said:

Do I have any legal recourse?

I'm not a lawyer but it's really hard to sue Dr's in America for medical malpractice. This case seems a little different though since it's not malpractice, it's more a case of paying for service not rendered. I'd definitely contact a lawyer and you'll likely need to get a statement from a real hair transplant Dr that estimates the grafts surgically inserted. I think maybe with a legal letter, you might be able to pressure them into a quick 1k or 2k settlement. You'd likely have to sign an NDA not allowing you to post pictures and talk about it in forums as well. 

Like I said, I am not a lawyer so seek one out for real legal advice as I'm just stating what I think is possible. 

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1

It would be a idea to have a face to face meeting with a reputable clinic check out the following:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/FL/Florida

You would get a much better idea of what they actually did/didn't actually do. We can give you a very approx idea, but it really needs a professionals opinion to carry some weight. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

It would be a idea to have a face to face meeting with a reputable clonic, check out the following:

I agree that this will be key for any lawsuit. 

Unfortunately I believe most Dr's likely won't want to waste their time with this.

Maybe @Melvin- Moderator can reach out and help set up this meeting. 

2 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I agree that this will be key for any lawsuit. 

Unfortunately I believe most Dr's likely won't want to waste their time with this.

Maybe @Melvin- Moderator can reach out and help set up this meeting. 

Yeh its happened before, and will sadly happen again. A lot of them have and will help/assist where they can. 

• Like 2

Just now, JoeMan said:

That's really good to hear.

In no way guaranteed, but over the years i have seen most Clinics/Drs assist. Some people will then choose them to move forward in their next ht

However the OP really needs someone thats going to be best for his high Norwood level next. Really hope we can also help guide him from now. Im hoping he has a awesome beard… 🤨

• Like 2

Just now, MB297 said:

Thank you for the suggestions. Oh I have a killer beard! What I'm missing on my head, I make it up with facial hair.

Always seems to be the way for us Norwood 6s… Makes for a great filler where/when needed… 👍🏼

1 minute ago, MB297 said:

What would be the next step in terms of regaining hair. An FUE or FUT? How many grafts would I need based on the picture provided? 

Dr Bisanga does some very good combo hts.. so FUT/FUE and even triple with BHT. You need at least 6k to cover the area i can see, and that would be more upfront reducing as it works back to the crown area. Look through the forum for Bisanga/Eugenix and Medispa results for various combos… Also look at Hattigen for FUT and Zarev/Pitella for FUE.. and @DrTBarghouthiwho is very skilled in all types of procedures..

• Administrators

I’m in contact with this member, we will get this situated. I’ve advised him to be careful what he says publicly, as anything said here can be used in court. But we’re gonna help 💪🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m in contact with this member, we will get this situated. I’ve advised him to be careful what he says publicly, as anything said here can be used in court. But we’re gonna help 💪🏼

Thanks 🙏 This is what the forum does best ! 

• Like 3

Yes clearly he needs your help in this @Melvin- Moderator

This is total disgrace. Strips if properly done can yield around 2000-2500 grafts at most and that’s in good hands. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram