Female HT with Dr Wesley

Rolo

I see your concern and wouldn’t be happy with this result either. Sorry you’re dealing with this!

I’m not sure how easy it would be for you to consult with other surgeons, but you’d be doing yourself a disservice not getting opinions from other reputable docs.

Personally, I’m not sure if 200 grafts would resolve this. And I’m also not sure I’d return even if it was free unless I really really respected my doctor and trusted their opinion wholeheartedly.

You have to ask yourself, did your surgeon do everything they could to ensure a result you both would be happy with. Seems like you had doubts on density in the beginning. If so, I think you should go elsewhere but that’s just my two cents. You don’t want to have to get a third surgery if 200 grafts won’t cut it!

Though perhaps, maybe 200 will. This is why you need other opinions from other docs.

• Like 1

Yes i am considering another consult just to be certain.  When i saw in his office the before fotos i see why he concentrated much on the temple area, however i had always expressed concern over the area obvious in the photo.  Even immediately after surgery i commented several times it didnt appear enough were placed in front center.     I did ask him now about adding more and he said he would put behind the front hairline only to fill in density.   I dont know anymore.  And i not young to be running around worrying about this either.   I also live out of the country but have apt in ny and my husband says i am crazy to run to another city like chicago or whatever.  

149001BA-7032-4295-A015-7AD248CF295C.jpeg

4C3E0837-103E-4C7A-9C1D-05A4791B5A48.jpeg

you should find a better surgeon. If you truly care about your HT you will be willing to travel. You have already experienced one bad result so you hopefully know how important it is to get right. 

I understand the anxiety of traveling for surgery but its really not a big deal at all. You have already had 1 HT so you should already know it is not a major surgery and you will be fine on a plane. Especially if you only need 200 grafts or so, that is a very very minor amount. 

2 hours ago, Rolo said:

i not young

I am not sure why you keep mentioning this. The hair follicles do not care how old you are. I am 33 and have had 5 HT's so far. Just because someone is young does not mean dealing with this process is any easier. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

As far as young when one is young they have more stamina to go thru this.  
i just have to say he showed my before fotos, with my hair pulled back i had heavy loss on one side temple area and my hairline in front was very uneven.  He said he concentrated on those areas.   And there is no question there is improvement there.   However as i always wear my hair down i didnt realize the extent of the loss there.  However i would have preferred more grafts (he put 1800) at the time to include the front area obviously.    I want to make certain 200 would be sufficient as i dont want it to be uneven so i will get another opinion just to be sure.  Whats holding me back also is Wash DC who has a similiar problem with front density and at his 6 month mark has not improved w his second op although it may be early also for him.   
anyway i have to think this through so will keep you up to date. 
oh the dr mentioned taking oral rogaine which i am against, i said i prefer to try my chances with another surgery.  

13 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

you should find a better surgeon. If you truly care about your HT you will be willing to travel. You have already experienced one bad result so you hopefully know how important it is to get right. 

I understand the anxiety of traveling for surgery but its really not a big deal at all. You have already had 1 HT so you should already know it is not a major surgery and you will be fine on a plane. Especially if you only need 200 grafts or so, that is a very very minor amount. 

I am not sure why you keep mentioning this. The hair follicles do not care how old you are. I am 33 and have had 5 HT's so far. Just because someone is young does not mean dealing with this process is any easier. 

It does matter a bit. Older peoples hair follicles are not as robust. The circulation is also not as robust. All the reason though you need a above average HT surgeon to take your case. 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is absolutely normal, feel free to send me a private message if you have further questions.

How do I send a private message?

• 4 months later...

So here is june 2023 and i had a second procedure with Dr W, i am now at 2 months exactly post op.  He only put 258 even though i asked for more, and just in the center front, saying i didnt need more.  Its too early now i know but i hope it fills in that area which has always bothered me.   My frizzy hairs on the temple area disappeared so that is the good news.  I will give update in a few months. 

26E2BA19-BB5E-4774-B0E9-F8D150C3C553.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Yeh this time your concerns will be resolved ..and your hairline will look dense as well as natural ....best of luck and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

Have you ever tried doing a side part with your hair flowing forward? You may be able to get away with that without showing any thinning in the center. I'm thinking something like this picture of Glenn Close.

image.png.3ed931d34467f92ee3f5186a8c5066dd.png

Edited by BeHappy
  • Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Although i do part on the side at times i have a cowlick so that center part never lies fkat.   I basically went thru all this so i could not worry about my hair and that it would fall nice however i parted it.  At any rate lets see what a few months tells me

• 2 months later...

Hi well it is 4-1/2 months now and may be too early but i am concerned that the second procedure will not give me results i was looking for.  The center front hairline still looks sparse, i am anguished about this.  I dont think it will fill in.  The light always deceptive as at times not so noticeable and as otherwise my hair is sufficiently ok. IMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.8af75b443b735897be34a3e16dd3f563.jpeg

IMG_4603.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I had two procedures, the second very minor.  I am glad i did it and for sure there was an improvement but am not certain i entirely satisfied with results.  I wanted more in front especially second procedure but he did not want to do more.  I am in 7th month of second procedure where inly 280 grafts were placed.  So i have to wait the year but i dont expect much change. 
i like the office and the staff but i am not sure if it would have been better elsewhere.  Happy to correspond privately but dont know how DM works. 

• 4 months later...

Hello Santana

you can DM me, not sure how or where to receive it, maybe email?

even about one-2 month ago i had thought about consulting with third procedure but not sure if its the light it seems to have filled in.  Or maybe i havent paid much attention to it lately?  I will take more photos and send later.  

• Moderators

Hi @Rolo. Your last pictures posted here are at 4.5 months after the 2nd procedure, so I imagine it did fill in at least a little more than it shows here. If you have time it would be much appreciated if you can post updated pictures. I hope you are feeling a lot better about the entire situation these days.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hello. It is now one year. Heres my photo. Sometimestje middle part looks sparse.  I am not as obsessed as before but i think more should have been added.  When i go to NY i will follow up to see if he adds more but i am sure he will say not to do it

IMG_5528.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks good to me. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Here is another photo, in some lights looks different. It still is sparser center front even when i part it differently 

IMG_5534.jpeg