FUE removal

Hey guys

I was wondering if it’s possible to remove hair transplant. Are there people who done it before? 
I am trying to remove hair transplant but I’m not sure how to go about it 

Well, it depends.  Electrolysis & laser are probably the most common.  It typically requires several "treatments" as the follicles are very sturdy.  Depending on where the hair is, you could also do FUE.  This would leave a scar, however. So, you would need to avoid areas that are readily visible to others. Say your corners, hairline, etc for example.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Jay00,

The technical answer to this question is essentially yes however, I’m not sure why anybody would want to fully remove all of the hairs that were carefully transplanted.  You claiming to o that you want to remove your hair transplant but wouldn’t it possibly be better to just repair the procedure that you have? For what reason do you want to remove the work that was already done?  Most people who talk about reversing their hair transplant are just dissatisfied with the result and would like a better one. The appropriate course of action in this case is typically to repair the existing work rather than completely remove or reverse the previous one.

Do you have some photos that you could present showing your current hair transplant and more specific information as to what you would like to accomplish?

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

Can you share pictures? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking at the pics from your other thread, I would say you could have a good result after seeking a repair. I know you was asking for Drs who would be the best for this. Did you manage to contact Dr Mwamba/Dr Bisanga? 

• Like 1

Well, when a hair graft is removed from the back commonly known as the donor area.. everyone keeps saying that it is permanently gone after being extracted. 

So why shouldn't a hair graft implanted on the front be any different?  Most qualified doctors will say that hair implanted has a 70% chance of not growing back after being removed in a repair case.  Whatever is remained may be removed by a plastic surgeon via laser treatment. Although nothing beats a physical extraction if the hair is pluggy or unnatural 

Whatever you do and wherever you go, make sure to go to a clinic where this thing is a common thing that they do. Don't rely on their word. Force them to show you proof and photos of patients who had this work then. Research is always key 

2 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Well, when a hair graft is removed from the back commonly known as the donor area.. everyone keeps saying that it is permanently gone after being extracted. 

So why shouldn't a hair graft implanted on the front be any different?  Most qualified doctors will say that hair implanted has a 70% chance of not growing back after being removed in a repair case.  Whatever is remained may be removed by a plastic surgeon via laser treatment. Although nothing beats a physical extraction if the hair is pluggy or unnatural 

Whatever you do and wherever you go, make sure to go to a clinic where this thing is a common thing that they do. Don't rely on their word. Force them to show you proof and photos of patients who had this work then. Research is always key 

I think the OP just needs to clarify what they meant by remove because it is causing confusion between whether its about permanently removing all implanted follicles or a repair for FUE done incorrectly with angles etc. 

Donor areas a precious enough finite commodity that simply burning off grafts even via laser isn't always necessary. 

I know @Gatsbycan probably attest to having made such a tough decision but in his case, it was probably at the time the only option.

I wonder if he may have done things differently in the current era of what is available.