2800 FUE Grafts by Dr Bicer, Turkey 15th Feb 2022

mayotuna

1 hour ago, mayotuna said:

Hi @Dan10

It will depend on your HT. Because I only had my hairline/front done, Dr Bicer gave me this hat which I was able to wear after she took my bandages off the day after the surgery. I wore it very loosely. You can see the front is very firm and upright so it doesn’t touch your hairline/front of head.

12F5970A-0267-4C3F-9804-1BD0CF5CA199.thumb.jpeg.46198e1ea162a0537852b9d0d0d0158a.jpeg

Also, I would say most people on my flight had something done, it was either nose jobs or HT. You blend right in haha

Thanks for the reply👍  getting my hair line and temple points done so probably can't wear a loose hat..probably be fine but keep thinking ill bump into someone I know 😅

• Administrators
On 3/2/2022 at 7:43 AM, mayotuna said:

Day 14 Update

Had a chat with Dr Bicer, all going well
I have 2 little scabs that are still healing. I was a little rough when cleaning around day 4/5 & they began to bleed. I expect them to heal up in the next couple of days.

I really dont mind this hair, I've also began wearing a hat outside. Always checking the hat for little hairs but dont see any.

IMG-9508.thumb.jpg.6bbf1bff967e44d62f94d9796f4780ac.jpg

IMG-9547.thumb.jpg.81053632fbd6ea4807acdb2e2fc1cd9a.jpg

I'm gentle washing my hair and some are falling/shedding. This is normal, right?

hairs.jpg.77d7a5632ffb06eb2309d2976b52f99d.jpg

The work looks very refined.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Month Update

Had a chat with Dr Bicer, all going well. Looks like I've begun to shed!
I have 2 little scabs that are still healing. I was a little rough when cleaning around day 4/5 and they began to bleed. I expect them to heal up in the next couple of day. 
There seems to be some missing hairs in the circled area but I'm hoping they're hidden or have shedded. Dr Bicer mentioned not to worry, she believes hair ill grow there and in worst case, she'll add 15 grafts there to fill it in.

hair_front_02.jpg

hair_back.jpg

• 1 month later...

2 Month Update

Everything seems okay right now, had some major shedding right after the first month but it has seemed to have slowed down. Dont get many hairs shedding in the shower. Still expecting it to get worse with it only being 2 months in.
I still have that little patch in the middle that needs to catch up, Dr Bicer believes it will, with more time.

Cant complain right now, looking forward to the coming months

hair_18_04_2022.thumb.jpg.a9100e51e9601c0f969ebda52203a09b.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

3 Month Update

I'm guessing I'm in the "Ugly duckling" phase still but not really feeling so ugly :D I'm able to go about my day without thinking about my hair these days. Bought a shaver to keep it under control, quite nice not going to the barbers and doing it myself.
Central area seems to be filling in, still not as dense as the rest but not as worried. Back donor area is literally normal, even with very short hair!
Most of the bruised/redness areas have healed also

15_05_2022__01.thumb.jpg.1ce565d13511e235fb2d474b6fbc4917.jpg

15_05_2022__03.thumb.jpg.252f105ca19f78bc2fb9c71aace4a1a3.jpg

15_05_2022__04.thumb.jpg.fafd9dee777aa8044c710bd4781ebecf.jpg

I will also post this mirror picture that my partner say represents me more. I get it, its blurry but she thinks the previous photos make my hair look thinner. (Maybe shes just being nice xD)

15_05_2022__05.thumb.jpg.04d8ab0cd256f318aedd69610d170798.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BobbyBoucher said:

How is your crown growing at the moment?

Are you getting support from Bicer? I've found them very responsive and helpful on most matters.

Didnt get any work on my crown but I do feel it will be something I will need to address later in life.
I'm using Minoxidil in the crown area + Finasteride & Biotin 

I've also played with disguise sprays/fibres which sorts it out but I dont really use them right now

Dr Bicer and Ozen (Dr Bicer's assistant) are great with communication. Once I returned to the UK I was texting and video calling them atleast 2/3 times a week for 3 weeks. Any issues/worries, I would send a picture and get a response either immediately or later in the day. Now I'm just updating them once a month like I do here. They're always very enthusiastic and friendly 

15_05_2022__06.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 1:03 PM, mayotuna said:

Didnt get any work on my crown but I do feel it will be something I will need to address later in life.
I'm using Minoxidil in the crown area + Finasteride & Biotin 

I've also played with disguise sprays/fibres which sorts it out but I dont really use them right now

Dr Bicer and Ozen (Dr Bicer's assistant) are great with communication. Once I returned to the UK I was texting and video calling them atleast 2/3 times a week for 3 weeks. Any issues/worries, I would send a picture and get a response either immediately or later in the day. Now I'm just updating them once a month like I do here. They're always very enthusiastic and friendly 

15_05_2022__06.jpg

Looking good so far buddy!

I was told i may need a second op after my first with Dr Bicer. She made me aware at the quote stage. Wish it was only one needed but at least she is open and honest about things. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

4 Month Update

Starting to grow a little more. I can see tiny hairs within that have just started to grow, expecting it to get thicker throughout the next months! 
No issues, slight thinness in the middle section still but I expect it to even out as it grows

Heading to my barbers next week for the first time in 6 months, lets see what he has to say about it ^_^

Hows it all looking? Thanks!

1040026879_hair4months_01(1).thumb.jpg.e6dc421631ae3754968680d637d80b70.jpg

374083345_hair4months(1).thumb.jpg.41843440761a443b53175f55aacbb457.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

5 Month Update

Lots of growth happening now, thickening up at the front and no need for wear hats now! Very happy with the results so far.
Still have lots of small hairs sprouting throughout (0.25-1cm long)

Back from Italy hence the tan, Dr Bicer mentioned the hairs would be absolutely fine in the sun so all good there. 

IMG-0618.thumb.jpg.fc776eb64f4a1e9f2a2ca8be7e78dccf.jpg

IMG-0619.thumb.jpg.6b1de99350b52ce51b193ee4ed1c4aac.jpg

IMG-0620.thumb.jpg.d598c2c3d25eb2b51a97d704f74d968a.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@mayotuna you have done everything right even before surgery and it shows. You've gone to an excellent surgeon and your results are excellent. But in my experience things really start to take off after 5 months so enjoy. The best is yet to come! Thanks for sharing! 👌

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sukh123 said:

i Just noticed she used 1400 singles, that's alot of singles, not seen that before especially since there is no temple work. Coming along nicely though

Yeah I don't understand why the number of singles is that high.

16 hours ago, sukh123 said:

i Just noticed she used 1400 singles, that's alot of singles, not seen that before especially since there is no temple work. Coming along nicely though

Hopefully its fine, not too sure why but when I pull back my hair, my hairline is entirely made up of singles. 2s & 3s are more behind.
I was quoted 2500 grafts so having 2800 was a bonus  

Looks great!

about the amount of the singles-

i guess you had a lot of singles in the donor area to use.

also, you did mainly front area so 1400 sounds a lot but make sense here.

• Like 1

Results look really great so far!

I've got my surgery with Dr Bicer booked in one month. You mentioned you sorted your hotel by yourself. Which hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 7:23 PM, HortonC said:

Results look really great so far!

I've got my surgery with Dr Bicer booked in one month. You mentioned you sorted your hotel by yourself. Which hotel did you stay at and would you recommend it?

Sorry, I recon you've already had your operation but I stayed at Ibis Styles Istanbul Atasehir. Clean, straightforward hotel. Breakfast was OK but it was only £35 a night.

Its a 5 minute taxi to Dr Bicer, taxi are also very cheap. I'd recommend it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

8 Month Update 

Coming up to month 8, a week away but I thought I'd share my progress.
Seems like most of the thickness has come through, I can see some small hairs (1mm-10mm) still growing in the front but I'm very happy with what I have.
Wet hair looks fine and I've started to have my hair up which hasnt happened for a long time! I still have a 5-head, but I like my 5-head!

Will be going to the barbers soon to actually have some scissors on it. Been shaving it off most of the time but now its long enough for a cut.

Very happy with he results & I'm still on daily Finasteride

8months03.thumb.jpg.42169b0a0ebc8e4d9a6e003de8b10bac.jpg

8months02.thumb.jpg.ea91be403fc28dea0db8ed9da6708cb6.jpg

8months01.thumb.jpg.744e8dd570ee9142cd0b45807ba83d2f.jpg

8months04.thumb.jpg.733a6db8399acac65aff3cf5c4110e85.jpg

Edited by mayotuna
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

1 Year & 1 Month Update 

I completely forgot about my 1 year journey update!
I honestly dont think about my hair in a negative way now. My confidence with my hair has totally returned and this whole experience has been totally worth it. 

From my last update, I've notice a slight increase in thickness. Letting my fringe grow & adding some wet hair product is my daily routine, give me the curls which I'm digging!
Still daily Finasteride (1mg) & Biotin

IMG-2166(1).thumb.jpg.d8f620b5b4b8b7b97d311b471a44b3f9.jpg

NewProject.thumb.jpg.d99f6e40deb6463704b5e0e5438c71ba.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mayotuna said:

1 Year & 1 Month Update 

I completely forgot about my 1 year journey update!
I honestly dont think about my hair in a negative way now. My confidence with my hair has totally returned and this whole experience has been totally worth it. 

From my last update, I've notice a slight increase in thickness. Letting my fringe grow & adding some wet hair product is my daily routine, give me the curls which I'm digging!
Still daily Finasteride (1mg) & Biotin

IMG-2166(1).thumb.jpg.d8f620b5b4b8b7b97d311b471a44b3f9.jpg

NewProject.thumb.jpg.d99f6e40deb6463704b5e0e5438c71ba.jpg

Very nice result. Dr bicer is guarantee 👌