Hair transplant repair by HLC (3497 grafts)

jambopilgrim

Hi all,

I have not posted in a while. I previously posted after having my first HT at another clinic in Oct last year. It was not great overall, but recently returned from HLC Ankara where I had my second HT. I had a lot more grafts than expected and really hoping it ends in a significant improvement this time round. My procedure was performed on the 14th and 15th of Feb, so now on day 10. 

Previous post: 

Procedure details 

IMG_5409.JPG

Post op - 1 day 

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7696.JPG

Post op - 10 days 

IMG_4730.thumb.jpeg.237fa9361efddd0a57acb837b476aeb7.jpeg

68124DB9-856E-47A4-A22E-6B6320890959.thumb.jpeg.3409fa586a103f5072db4b7142abfc2f.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

Pre op 

IMG_5056.JPG

Pre op shaved

DSCF3710.JPG

DSCF3744.JPG

Edited by jambopilgrim
  • Like 1

• jambopilgrim changed the title to Hair transplant repair by HLC (3497 grafts)

Looks good! Which doctors did your proc

1 hour ago, jambopilgrim said:

Hi all,

I have not posted in a while. I previously posted after having my first HT at another clinic in Oct last year. It was not great overall, but recently returned from HLC Ankara where I had my second HT. I had a lot more grafts than expected and really hoping it ends in a significant improvement this time round. My procedure was performed on the 14th and 15th of Feb, so now on day 10. 

Previous post: 

Procedure details 

IMG_5409.JPG

Post op - 1 day 

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7696.JPG

Post op - 10 days 

IMG_4730.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

Pre op 

IMG_5056.JPG

Pre op shaved

DSCF3710.JPG

DSCF3744.JPG

Looks good! Which doctors did your procedure? 

• Like 1

Hi Jambopilgrim!

Your 10 day post-op looks amaaaazing. Evenly spaced, no strange gaps, angles perfect.

Rolandas [a HT Youtuber] said that this stage - the pre-shed stage -  is basically a window into what your final result will look like assuming you like short hair. So if you like it now, I'm guessing you'll love the final result. 

And the donor so clean! You could easily get away with a 3 or 4 guard. 

Very happy for you! 

• Like 1

HI Jambopilgrim - I just scanned your earlier post-op photos - the photo with scabs and then the photo after the scabs fell off - and I didn't notice any "patch" in either of those photos. Since there were scabs in "that" area, and those scabs were followed by pre-shedding hairs, I would deduce that hairs had actually been transplanted there. 

I think you're ok, but in the absolute worst case scenario, the area is far behind the hairline and would easily be covered by surrounding hairs. But again, I don't think you have to even worry about that. IMHO

• Like 1

Hey bud, thanks for pointing me to your thread. 

The extractions and the donor area looks so clean and i genuinely think the density on that post-op looks like just what you'd need. 

I never like to count my chickens and can already see you my had a wobble over that one area but a hair transplant is a marathon. A 12+ month one and you are very early into the marathon. Just keep to the post-op instructions, be aware of the ugly duckling/shedding phases and fingers crossed you'll get that result you really hoped for the first time. 

• Like 1

All looks good! The little patch is nothing to worry about. You're going to see some uneven growing for the next several months. It's normal to look into the mirror every time you pass by it, but remember the timeline. 

Patience is key. It's going to come out great! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jambopilgrim said:

@NARMAKthanks. You are right. I was very calm the first time round but as I got slightly burnt by my last experience I did have a bit of a “wobble”. I will sit tight and be patient. Cheers 

That's 100% natural in my eyes. 

I hope as time goes on you feel much more settled and get the calmness as the results come but hair transplants are a fickle thing when emotions are involved. Just try to remember the basics of what to expect and definitely share your doubts etc. because i think a forum is a great sounding board unlike sometimes your own head where doubts can just rattle around lol. At least here guys can give you that release valve and take away stuff you maybe worried about unnecessarily or prematurely. 

All the best. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing your post and updating us on your second procedure.

I would like to say your donor looks pretty good for a second HT. I would have imagined you would have some empty patches due to the first procedure but it looks really good.

As far as the area of concern you are talking about I wouldnt focus too much on it youre just beginning the transition between hair cycles. 

Nonetheless, you are already done with the procedure so whats done is done. Now you just need to relax and not worry about the rest. Happy growing man!

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, here is my 3 month update. I am very relaxed about it and optimistic about the months to come. Not looking for perfection but a good improvement from what I had. Happy to hear your comments. 

The back and sides are relatively short, once the front grows in I will keep them a little longer. 

4B32F8CC-4897-4C64-9FA3-1613898F797B.jpeg

D732EED4-2224-4344-8451-9E77AD949427.jpeg

3C1021E2-67FB-46F7-AD1E-B90F02686A7F.jpeg

3E170A64-1CED-4647-AC04-94698BF6BA02.jpeg

FA2F9D9D-7495-445D-B9B0-3CCF71BB5A97.jpeg

Edited by jambopilgrim
  • Like 1