Dr. Diep Second FUT Transplant - 1750 Grafts - Approximately 4,000 Grafts Total

AlexMeister21

5 hours ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

I agree. 

In my opinion, any doctor who....

1. uses nurses for whatever step of the surgery 

2. does several patients a day 

...is a huge red flag. No matter how "reputable" he is. 

ok so like what 98% of the hair transplant docs are now "red flag" because they use techs to place the hair follicles? I understand you're saying its your opinion, but honestly it's pretty ridiculous man. Are you saying you don't go to a dentist that uses assistants to help with any part of the procedure, and especially if the dentist walks out the room? If staff are properly trained then it is not only fine but legal. 

15 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

ok so like what 98% of the hair transplant docs are now "red flag" because they use techs to place the hair follicles? I understand you're saying its your opinion, but honestly it's pretty ridiculous man. Are you saying you don't go to a dentist that uses assistants to help with any part of the procedure, and especially if the dentist walks out the room? If staff are properly trained then it is not only fine but legal. 

Hair transplants and dentistry is completely different. As someone who has knowledge in the dentistry field, 80% of all dentist appointments are basic cleaning/checking up on patients which is something tech's do because it is not invasive nor does it require any extraction of any tooth.

In dentistry the second any extraction/filling/etc is needed the dentist is always in the room. SO in fact your argument/example is completely counter initiative to what you wanted to argue.

Any/every surgery is complex and would always require the supervision and artistry of someone who has specialized and done this for decades and whose reputation is on the line. 

In my opinion any clinic that has technicians do majority of the surgery are strictly in it for the profit rather then actually seeing consistent results and making patients happy.

Notice how it's always the clinic who have technicians do part/majority of the surgery put out regular sub par results? 

While clinic that have surgeons do the majority of the work like Konior/Bisanga/etc, how consistently/regularly are they putting out sub par results? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

Sorry bro but your argument does not make any sense. 

It's not just about "having techs doing the implantation". There's a lot more to it. 

First of all, you are comparing apples with oranges with your dentist comparison... I totally second what Stephcurry said. 

Secondly let me ask you which clinics have the highest percentage of crap results and botched jobs ?

The answer is turkish hairmills followed by "reputable" western surgeons  who outsource the MAJORITY of the work to young technicians with questionable training or nurses just because all they want is PROFIT....

Which clinics have the highest percentage of good results ? Doctors like Konior, Pinto, Couto, Bisanga etc....Some of them not using techs at all and other utilizing them them for SOME steps of the procedure to a reasonnable degree. Bisanga uses techs only for implantation and they have at least 10 years experience and he does 1 patient per day (maximum 2 if easy case) which allows him to have as much control as possible over the procedure. 

From there you can draw a conclusion. 

Now,  I am not against the use of technicians in the hair transplant industry as long as they are properly trained and as long as they have sufficient experience. 

Technically speaking, it is impossible for a doctor to do everything on his own. We all know that of course. 

Nonetheless, a doctor (no matter how good he is) CANNOT have control over multiple surgeries and simply cannot supervise 4 or more different teams of technicians throughout the day. There will inevitably be mistakes due lack of training/experience, fatigue or just lack of care...

It's a matter of ethical choice. You are either 100% dedicated and commited and care about your patients or you are a mill. 

Quality or quantity. 

Do you think it's ethical for a doctor to charge 20 000$ for one procedure, have young party girls do most of the work and leave the patient  with poor results ?... 

For me, this just shows that profit is the only goal. 

And yes such doctors should be huge red flag just like turkish hairmills. 

Edited by HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

I'm sincerely sorry for your bad experience bro. 

I know how exhausting mentally, financially and physically it is to go through this  ultramarathon...

It's  a shame cuz the results of the 1st surgery was pretty decent. 

I think he owes you a 50% refund. That sounds fair to me. Perhaps not 100% because the 1st surgery was relatively sucessful but definitely 50% because of the very poor yield in the 2nd one. 

My theory is that the techs might have messed up  during the implantation phase when they tried to implant in between hairs from the 1st surgery... Not everyone is capable of sucessfully implanting on area with already has a significant number of pre-existing hairs. Believe it or not, this requires a very high skillset. 

Dr.Diep is charging 6-8$ per graft and hiring high school kids to "operate" on patients who listen to music and joke...That is  absolutely ridiculous. 

It's really sad but this is an extremely dirty industry. 

Money money money at all cost. No matter the well-being of the patient... Zero ethics. 

That's why I prefer Konior. I'm not saying he's pefect. His prices are  astronomical but at least his results are rock solid and he would never let some party girls perform any of the steps of such an extremely expensive,  life-altering and incredibly complex surgical procedure. You pay, he delivers and you get what you pay for. 

Now the good news is you don't have much hairloss bro. 

Looks like a Nw 2-3 hairline and you're just starting to thin on the crown. 

You wanna stay on a very solid pharmaceutical stack. The last thing you want is your crown starting to expand. Once you lose the crown things become VERY complicated you know what I'm sayin bruh. 

I would hold off from surgeries for a while.

Consider a biopsy in order to rule out any potential rare scalp condition and look for a repair doc. A step by step approach  consisting of 2-3 "baby procedures" might do the trick. Scar tissue is tricky and you don't want to implant too many grafts at once. 

All the best and good luck. 

Thanks for the support. I think I may reach out to them after my 12-month mark, but I'm quite pessimistic that they would do anything. I didn't have the easiest time getting the "returning patient" discount I was initially offered during consultation and I'm being pretty candid about the clinic on this forum.

I have a pretty big dome, so I'm going to need a lot of grafts for my crown if that completely goes. If I had supposedly an average of 8,000 lifetime donor grafts and used up about 4,000, then I should have about 4,000 left, but if Diep's scar compromised that to about 2,000 or something grafts left, I don't have many options.

20 hours ago, Z-- said:

Agreed with the general sentiment here about this result. OP to reiterate -- you did nothing wrong and this is absolutely fixable. I don't know how many patients the doctor sees a day, but if it is indeed more than one, you deserve a surgeon who will give you 100% of his attention that day, especially at that price point. 

I'd look into ethical surgeons like Konior, Bisanga, Mwamba, Grabel, or Hattengen (esp if you're able to do another FUT). There's other great Spanish doctors or high Norwood doctors, but imo you don't need many grafts to fix this or to be on a 3+ year wait-list.

Thanks. I was thinking of looking into other surgeons like Mwamba, but haven't done much research outside of Freitas or Pinto. I think Freitas is still my top choice as of now, but depends what they say when I reach out to them again.

1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

In my opinion any clinic that has technicians do majority of the surgery are strictly in it for the profit rather then actually seeing consistent results and making patients happy.

I very clearly remember during my second consultation with Diep, he said something along the lines of "we should go for X number of grafts so we can get that 10k." I remember thinking "wow, did he really just say that?" But at the time, I just thought if he did a good job and I got a good result, then it wouldn't matter. Looking back, it was quite the red flag.

Edited by AlexMeister21

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. I also had similar experiences, but that was years ago. I assumed he would have cleaned up by now, especially after seeing him on the recommended list here. 

My grafts turned out to be pretty artificial looking (the angles, placement, and graft selection have been criticized by a few surgeons and patient advocates during consultations), the scar is really wide, the whole procedure seemed to be rushed with a frenetic energy though at the time I just though Dr Diep is just a generally fast guy. 

The day of my procedure there were two techs who looked really young, and were really new. I don't know how new, but at the beginning Diep was preparing some things as the two techs were washing my hair. I felt the angle my head was tilting back was uncomfortable but I figure it was nothing I couldn't handle. Then I wake up on Dr Diep's table with the two techs staring at me with very concerned looks on their faces. Turns out the angle my head was tilted back and resting on the sink cut off my bloodflow and I passed out. Turns out the techs were new and still getting used to things. I didn't care about this, but was really made me uncomfortable was that they were doing all the placement of the grafts. I wonder if this is why my transplant turned out badly. 

When I first got to this forum and I saw Dr Diep on the recommended list, I figured he is more experienced and cleaned up by now, and I saw that the head moderator personally picked him, so I did a consultation with him. He said that my past results were 'excellent' (I figure he would at least say something like hair transplant techniques have improved and we can improve upon the last transplant, or some other diplomatic variation of my last transplant being less than ideal), but something that could be considered a red flag is that they were unable to locate the before/after pictures of my first transplant. It could be that it was a long time ago but still, I went through some reviews of Dr Diep and found that there were things that were generally concerning about him. I decided to bite the bullet and expand my search to those outside my location, and I am very glad that I followed my instincts after doing consults with other doctors, who gave me a much more accurate and in-depth assessment regarding my situation. 

I am so curious about why he hasn't cleaned up. He's been a surgeon for like 2 decades now? Why doesn't he have experienced techs? What happened to the two girls I had my procedure with? Why he is still using very inexperienced people? In startups a very high turnover is a bad sign, I wonder what might be causing a high turnover at Dr Diep's office. With other doctors I hear about how they all work together day in and day out and how they can read their minds, and how their least experienced tech still has like 8 years under their belt. 

Here's my shortlist of repair doctors, Konior, Shapiro, Bisanga, Gabel, Cooley, Mwamba, and I just added Timothy Carmen to my list. All of these doctors had impressive results in relocating hairs from the hairline with minimal scarring except I didn't see one from Dr Carmen, but consulted with him anyway since he's close to me. Dr Carmen probably had the most impressive consultation and seemed to have the most experience repairing Dr Diep's work. and had the most thorough criticism of Diep's technique. It may have been an easy pick if he had more recent reviews up so I can judge his work. 

Edited by HairRun

40 minutes ago, HairRun said:

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. I also had similar experiences, but that was years ago. I assumed he would have cleaned up by now, especially after seeing him on the recommended list here. 

My grafts turned out to be pretty artificial looking (the angles, placement, and graft selection have been criticized by a few surgeons and patient advocates during consultations), the scar is really wide, the whole procedure seemed to be rushed with a frenetic energy though at the time I just though Dr Diep is just a generally fast guy. 

The day of my procedure there were two techs who looked really young, and were really new. I don't know how new, but at the beginning Diep was preparing some things as the two techs were washing my hair. I felt the angle my head was tilting back was uncomfortable but I figure it was nothing I couldn't handle. Then I wake up on Dr Diep's table with the two techs staring at me with very concerned looks on their faces. Turns out the angle my head was tilted back and resting on the sink cut off my bloodflow and I passed out. Turns out the techs were new and still getting used to things. I didn't care about this, but was really made me uncomfortable was that they were doing all the placement of the grafts. I wonder if this is why my transplant turned out badly. 

When I first got to this forum and I saw Dr Diep on the recommended list, I figured he is more experienced and cleaned up by now, and I saw that the head moderator personally picked him, so I did a consultation with him. He said that my past results were 'excellent' (I figure he would at least say something like hair transplant techniques have improved and we can improve upon the last transplant, or some other diplomatic variation of my last transplant being less than ideal), but something that could be considered a red flag is that they were unable to locate the before/after pictures of my first transplant. It could be that it was a long time ago but still, I went through some reviews of Dr Diep and found that there were things that were generally concerning about him. I decided to bite the bullet and expand my search to those outside my location, and I am very glad that I followed my instincts after doing consults with other doctors, who gave me a much more accurate and in-depth assessment regarding my situation. 

I am so curious about why he hasn't cleaned up. He's been a surgeon for like 2 decades now? Why doesn't he have experienced techs? What happened to the two girls I had my procedure with? Why he is still using very inexperienced people? In startups a very high turnover is a bad sign, I wonder what might be causing a high turnover at Dr Diep's office. With other doctors I hear about how they all work together day in and day out and how they can read their minds, and how their least experienced tech still has like 8 years under their belt. 

Here's my shortlist of repair doctors, Konior, Shapiro, Bisanga, Gabel, Cooley, Mwamba, and I just added Timothy Carmen to my list. All of these doctors had impressive results in relocating hairs from the hairline with minimal scarring except I didn't see one from Dr Carmen, but consulted with him anyway since he's close to me. Dr Carmen probably had the most impressive consultation and seemed to have the most experience repairing Dr Diep's work. and had the most thorough criticism of Diep's technique. It may have been an easy pick if he had more recent reviews up so I can judge his work. 

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that. That's really what I don't understand is how there are patients like yourself from years back who say the techs were new and then there are recent patients who claim the techs are also new. The only staff members I recognized the second time going back were the ones at the front desk. I'm guessing they hire low-cost techs to maximize profits. I don't know how much they pay them, but I just looked up hair transplant tech jobs in California and there are places paying $20-30 an hour for technicians. That's crazy for this type of work, especially in one of the most expensive states in the United States.

I haven’t seen this mentioned before on here, but I remember vaguely that when I was browsing reddit specifically r/tressless that dr Diep was called out for using bot accounts to promote his clinic under the guise of happy patients. Keep in mind that I learned about this before I learned which clinics were hair mills and which weren’t so it always left a negative impression of Diep on me.

There are numerous cases of Diep implanting in rows now which have led to poor results. I feel like from what I’ve gathered is that he has lost passion of his work and is rushing along patients with minimal effort. This shows in his craftsmanship and is still charging top prices.

I’ve also seen no word of a Diep representative to argue his case. And you would think by now given all these poor growth cases and negative opinions on his practice that he would come out and justify himself

When will there be a discussion about this? In my opinion from reading others experience with him it’s looking like he is becoming the ASMED of the US. A skilled surgeon operating under a clinic that is producing questionable practices and more consistent poor results.

Edited by mister_25
Typo

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

33 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I haven’t seen this mentioned before on here, but I remember vaguely that when I was browsing reddit specifically r/tressless that dr Diep was called out for using bot accounts to promote his clinic under the guise of happy patients. Keep in mind that I learned about this before I learned which clinics were hair mills and which weren’t so it always left a negative impression of Diep on me.

There are numerous cases of Diep implanting in rows now which have led to poor results. I feel like from what I’ve gathered is that he has lost passion of his work and is rushing along patients with minimal effort. This shows in his craftsman shop and is still charging top prices.

I’ve also seen no word of a Diep representative to argue his case. And you would think by now given all these poor growth cases and negative opinions on his practice that he would come out and justify himself

When will there be a discussion about this? In my opinion from reading others experience with him it’s looking like he is becoming the ASMED of the US. A skilled surgeon operating under a clinic that is producing questionable practices and more consistent poor results.

It reminds me of an episode that I saw from one of those Gordon Ramsay shows. There was a small, local restaurant that put a lot of heart and soul into their food but then once they became more popular and bigger, they had to start cutting corners to meet the demand and the quality dipped. I think Diep is capable of producing consistently great results if he really wanted to, but he needs to reassess his clinical practices.

There are a few other things but these are not was clear cut so I left them out on my first post. 

So I had signed all the paperwork and made all the payments. The morning of the procedure, he took me into his office and presented me with another contract. At the time, what I thought he was saying is that sometimes there are more grafts that are accidentally extracted than estimated, and if I want I can have those grafts implanted if I payed for them. This was alarming to me, because I interpreted it as he would just throw them away if I didn't pay for them. 

I may have misinterpreted what he said, perhaps he meant to complete the job as described there may be additional grafts needed. However, this was a modest augmenting of my temples, the initial plan was 1000 grafts (which in hindsight, was still probably too much). And this was also a FUT procedure, so he would have to take out another strip. 

Dr Diep could have meant something else and I misinterpreted what he said, but at the day of the procedure I 100% interpreted it as throwing away grafts. 

Also, I am wondering why he sprung this additional clause on the morning of my surgery? Shouldn't this be discussed with all the other paperwork and payment? I also payed in cash for the initial payment because he gave a discount, I'm not sure how easy it would have been to refuse the procedure with this new information. 

He ended up extracting 1360 grafts compared to the 1000 planned. 

He completely removed my temples, or at least tried to because it looks like the procedure was low yield. I wanted to keep my receded temples because I liked the look, and also so that there is less surface area to maintain as I continue with my hair loss. 

This part I am confused about. When we did the initial consultation in his office we came up with a hairline that I liked. For the procedure, It's been a while so I can't remember the details, but I would have guessed he re-drew the hairline day of procedure, and if something was off, I would have said something, but I do not recall this happening. Maybe he didn't and I just trusted his process, and he thought he remembered what we agreed to? Or perhaps since he extracted 36% more grafts than planned, he ran out of space to place them, and put them at my temples. I don't really know.

If I could get my before/after pictures he took this would add clarity to the situation, but it looks like they lost them. I requested them, and followed up a few times, and each time they emphasized that they're working on it and will get them to me as soon as they find. It kinda sounded like I was annoying them with my follow ups so eventually I stopped, but they never got back to me, so I can only assume they lost them. 

The unexpected 36% increase in the price was also hard to deal with, I was in grad school at the time and didn't have a ton of extra money to spend. I created the perfect budget for the procedure, having the extra 360 grafts being sprung up on me threw that all out the window. 

I now have three problems to deal with, excising or fit farming my super wide donor scar, potential damage to my grafts and thus my lifetime donor yield according to the other former Diep patient who had a consult with Dr Feriduni (I was put on a wait list when I reached out, but his scar looks like mines), and relocating the placed too low grafts away from my temples. 

I scar really, really easily. I've actually surprised a dermatologist with how easily I scar, so the last one is not easy to deal with. It would really sucked to be marked for life by this doctor. I am doing a ton of diligence on how to go about this.

If I just had a proper transplant, I would have probably just did a normal follow up a year ago. 

Edited by HairRun
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HairRun said:

There are a few other things but these are not was clear cut so I left them out on my first post. 

So I had signed all the paperwork and made all the payments. The morning of the procedure, he took me into his office and presented me with another contract. At the time, what I thought he was saying is that sometimes there are more grafts that are accidentally extracted than estimated, and if I want I can have those grafts implanted if I payed for them. This was alarming to me, because I interpreted it as he would just throw them away if I didn't pay for them. 

I may have misinterpreted what he said, perhaps he meant to complete the job as described there may be additional grafts needed. However, this was a modest augmenting of my temples, the initial plan was 1000 grafts (which in hindsight, was still probably too much). And this was also a FUT procedure, so he would have to take out another strip. 

Dr Diep could have meant something else and I misinterpreted what he said, but at the day of the procedure I 100% interpreted it as throwing away grafts. 

Also, I am wondering why he sprung this additional clause on the morning of my surgery? Shouldn't this be discussed with all the other paperwork and payment? I also payed in cash for the initial payment because he gave a discount, I'm not sure how easy it would have been to refuse the procedure with this new information. 

He completely removed my temples, or at least tried to because it looks like the procedure was low yield. I wanted to keep my receded temples because I liked the look, and also so that there is less surface area to maintain as I continue with my hair loss. 

This part I am confused about. When we did the initial consultation In his office we came up with a hairline that I liked. For the procedure, It's been a while so I can't remember the details, but I would have guessed he re-drew the hairline day of procedure, and if something was off, I would have said something, but I do not recall this happening. Maybe he didn't and I just trusted his process, and he thought he remembering what we agreed to? Or perhaps since he extracted 36% more grafts than planned, he ran out of space to place them, and put them at my temples. I don't really know.

If I could get my before/after pictures he took this would add clarity to the situation, but it looks like they lost them. I requested them, and followed up a few times, and each time they emphasized that they're working on it and will get them to me as soon as they find. It kinda sounded like I was annoying them with my follow ups so eventually I stopped, but they never got back to me, so I can only assume they lost them. 

The unexpected 36% increase in the price was also hard to deal with, I was in grad school at the time and didn't have a ton of extra money to spend. I created the perfect budget for the procedure, having the extra 360 grafts being sprung up on me threw that all out the window. 

I now how three problems to deal with, excising or fit farming my super wide donor scar, potential damage to my grafts and thus my lifetime donor yield according to the other former Diep patient who had a consult with Dr Feriduni (I was put on a wait list when I reached out, but his scar looks like mines), and relocating the placed too low grafts away from my temples. 

I scar really, really easily. I've actually surprised a dermatologist with how easily I scar, so the last one is not easy to deal with. It would really sucked to be marked for life by this doctor. I am doing a ton of diligence on how to go about this.

If I just had a proper transplant, I would have probably just did a normal follow up a year ago. 

I would completely stay away from diep based on how many stories I've heard from them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, str8-n-pluggy said:

@jimcraig152 outlined everything in a sort of good vs. evil fantasy manner, but he did it clearly. I wonder if folks saw that thread at all? After reading that, it slowed me down a bit. Then I started reading diep theads here, and found there are 6 or so individual threads with about a dozen other members in total that are chiming in about going through or seeking repair from Diep's work. After all the repair cases I read here, and after asking questions of other members who confirmed Jim's fantastical claims, I canceled. I am $1000 poorer now. My surgery would have been in july.

It really sucks because $1000 is a lot of money for me. But now I don't feel bad about it at all because after I canceled, I found Jim Craig shared his final results, which aren't shared here, on Reddit. Looks preternaturally unnatural, like really bad IMHO. He mentions he is getting a repair. Google "jimcraig152" and you'll find his final results on Reddit. His user ID is "Lopsided_Pair5727" on Reddit. You know it is Jim Craig because the pics are taken from the same room in his photos shared here.

1k is nothing in this situation, to be honest. If you got a bad result, then it would have cost you more money in the long run for repairs. Plus, there are doctors who charge way less and produce more consistent results.

I could have gotten FUE in Europe or elsewhere for half the price I paid for FUT here. Not to mention it will probably cost me 2-4k to repair the scar I got.

Edited by AlexMeister21

15 hours ago, HairRun said:

This part I am confused about. When we did the initial consultation in his office we came up with a hairline that I liked. For the procedure, It's been a while so I can't remember the details, but I would have guessed he re-drew the hairline day of procedure, and if something was off, I would have said something, but I do not recall this happening. Maybe he didn't and I just trusted his process, and he thought he remembered what we agreed to? Or perhaps since he extracted 36% more grafts than planned, he ran out of space to place them, and put them at my temples. I don't really know.

I now have three problems to deal with, excising or fit farming my super wide donor scar, potential damage to my grafts and thus my lifetime donor yield according to the other former Diep patient who had a consult with Dr Feriduni (I was put on a wait list when I reached out, but his scar looks like mines), and relocating the placed too low grafts away from my temples. 

do you have a post with your results from diep, or can you provide any photos? 

1 hour ago, str8-n-pluggy said:

I've felt worse losing fifty bucks in Vegas before. $1000 to save my life from compounding hair loss problems is money well spent. I feel awful for what you are going through. Twice no less.

Since you've had 2 FUT jobs with Diep, can I ask you this about your procedure? You mentioned they tugged at your strip like carpet. After Diep sliced off the strip and sutured the wound, did he step out of the surgery room right from there for a bit? If so, for how long? And when he returned, did he start making the recipient site incisions quickly, then quickly disappeared again leaving you with his techs for the remaining time? What was the time you saw on the clock if he did these things?

I don't remember too much during the first part of the procedure. I just remember being slightly conscious during the tugging part, probably because I thought it was kind of interesting how I wasn't feeling pain even though there was force being used to remove the strip.

The next time I remember being semi-conscious was probably a few hours later, and Diep was either doing some implants or making the incisions. Then next time I woke up was at lunch time, and Diep wasn't in the room anymore. Then after lunch, I was mostly conscious but falling asleep from time to time. The techs did everything else from around noon till 8-9pm, and Diep would check in every 1-2 hours.

• Administrators

Str8npluggy is jimcraig, same IP. He also has another profile kornrose. Now, I have absolutely no issue with anyone sharing their genuine reviews good or bad. But when you create duplicate accounts, create several aliases that are obviously under pseudonyms you associate with your results, and pose as “prospective patient” that’s where I draw the line. 

Jim, you were not silenced, I moderated you for this very reason. Doing things like this. Absolutely shady. To boot, you de-railed Alex’s thread. I wish you well, but resorting to these sort of tactics will get you nowhere. 

Onwards and upwards,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

do you have a post with your results from diep, or can you provide any photos? 

I don't think I can do a full review because I don't have solid before/after pictures. 

Prior to my transplant I had my hair forward to hide my recessions, so in none of my pictures you can get a solid sense of my hairline. After my transplant, it looked artificial and an obvious transplant so I had my hair forward again to hide the line of the transplanted area. 

I only started taking detailed pictures in the last few years but by now I had further recession of my sides after my original procedure, so I don't think you can fully judge based on a full look of the picture. 

If Diep's office was able to provide me the pics they took at the office, I could be able to post a review, but it seems that they lost them. 

I did post some closeups of the transplanted hair, trying to separate from the rest, and also withholding the doctor in the title because I just wanted judgement on the angle, placement, and layout of the transplanted hairs. 

Edited by HairRun

3 hours ago, HairRun said:

I don't think I can do a full review because I don't have solid before/after pictures. 

Prior to my transplant I had my hair forward to hide my recessions, so in none of my pictures you can get a solid sense of my hairline. After my transplant, it looked artificial and an obvious transplant so I had my hair forward again to hide the line of the transplanted area. 

I only started taking detailed pictures in the last few years but by now I had further recession of my sides after my original procedure, so I don't think you can fully judge based on a full look of the picture. 

If Diep's office was able to provide me the pics they took at the office, I could be able to post a review, but it seems that they lost them. 

I did post some closeups of the transplanted hair, trying to separate from the rest, and also withholding the doctor in the title because I just wanted judgement on the angle, placement, and layout of the transplanted hairs. 

That's quite a low yield. It reminds me of my results except I have a bit more density since I had almost 4,000 grafts implanted in my hairline. My transplant looks see-through in most situations and I have to try to comb over the implanted grafts to cover it up. First thing that always comes into my mind when I examine it up close are that it looks like beanstalks.

Here are my 9 month results. Not much has improved. It's also been about a month since I had a haircut when I took these photos. I followed up with Dr. Freitas, and they still want me to wait the full 12 months before assessment. I also reached out to Dr. Mwamba but haven't heard back from their clinic yet. Can I go back in time 10 months please?

Front:

Here I've outlined the area that was transplanted. There should be about 3,900 grafts, but it looks like only 30-50% of that amount survived.

im.thumb.jpg.3c030558cc07ee67065cddb667c58b64.jpg

Left:

IMG_6704.thumb.jpg.099cad2ebb34e061fd3e665f5f60c782.jpg

Right:

IMG_6707.thumb.jpg.ce0ba89f5035bbd21625c9fedca99d86.jpg

22 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Here are my 9 month results. Not much has improved. It's also been about a month since I had a haircut when I took these photos. I followed up with Dr. Freitas, and they still want me to wait the full 12 months before assessment. I also reached out to Dr. Mwamba but haven't heard back from their clinic yet. Can I go back in time 10 months please?

Front:

Here I've outlined the area that was transplanted. There should be about 3,900 grafts, but it looks like only 30-50% of that amount survived.

im.thumb.jpg.3c030558cc07ee67065cddb667c58b64.jpg

Left:

IMG_6704.thumb.jpg.099cad2ebb34e061fd3e665f5f60c782.jpg

Right:

IMG_6707.thumb.jpg.ce0ba89f5035bbd21625c9fedca99d86.jpg

This is disappointing mate, I agree that parting your hair will make it look worse, however nearly 4000 grafts with your hair caliber in that area should have been better no mattee how the hair is parted..

How does it look when you wear your hair as you would normally? Can you provide some pictures of that?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel too comfortable posting photos of my hair styled because I don't want it to potentially be taken out of context. Sometimes, I may style my hair in the bathroom mirror and think it looks pretty good, but then check in another mirror with harsher lighting and it looks fake.

I have to style my hair upwards and then brush my hair over to the side to cover the gaps and make it look normal. Depending on the lighting conditions and distance, it could look pretty decent, but I don't like the fact that I'm limited in my styling options, especially when my forehead is still pretty big and is quite evident when styling in this way. I think it would look pretty decent if I used gel, but I've never done that and it's not my style.

1 hour ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I think it would look pretty decent if I used gel, but I've never done that and it's not my style

I myself had to live with a badly angled transplant for 3 years before i had a repair this year. 

Gel was my saving grace. True gel is not everyones style, but you can still strategically use it without looking like a greaser. 

You should try it out, what do you have to lose.

Also i encourage you to look at a repair surgery. 

In my own situation, i tried to cope and cope and cope and tried every solution possible to live with my bad hair transplant. 

But no matter what i did, and even with gel making my hair look temporarily ok, i knew i would never be happy until my transplant was corrected. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 2:41 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

I myself had to live with a badly angled transplant for 3 years before i had a repair this year. 

Gel was my saving grace. True gel is not everyones style, but you can still strategically use it without looking like a greaser. 

You should try it out, what do you have to lose.

Also i encourage you to look at a repair surgery. 

In my own situation, i tried to cope and cope and cope and tried every solution possible to live with my bad hair transplant. 

But no matter what i did, and even with gel making my hair look temporarily ok, i knew i would never be happy until my transplant was corrected. 

I'll probably try out gel to see how it looks. I have a consultation with Dr. Mwamba in late October, so hopefully I can get this resolved sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I have a consultation with Dr. Mwamba in late October

Im curious, is the waitlist for a consult with Mwamba really 2+ months? 

I feel like I got lucky, but for what its worth my own (webcam) consult with Mwamba, i only had a 1 week wait time. 

I got repaired by Mwamba myself in June. 

You are definitely on the right path. Only focus on the world's best repair docs for the time being.

Try to get Diep and anyone else out of your head. At present all these other non elite repair docs are just a distraction for you.

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Im curious, is the waitlist for a consult with Mwamba really 2+ months? 

I feel like I got lucky, but for what its worth my own (webcam) consult with Mwamba, i only had a 1 week wait time. 

I got repaired by Mwamba myself in June. 

You are definitely on the right path. Only focus on the world's best repair docs for the time being.

Try to get Diep and anyone else out of your head. At present all these other non elite repair docs are just a distraction for you.

They told me October was the earliest for consultation. They also said Dr. Mwamba's earliest available surgery date is 4 months from now in Brussels. Do you have a thread of your surgery?

45 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

They told me October was the earliest for consultation. They also said Dr. Mwamba's earliest available surgery date is 4 months from now in Brussels. Do you have a thread of your surgery?

interesting. I must have really gotten lucky bc I got in with a consult super quick, there must have been a cancellation.

My own waiting time at the NJ clinic was 4 months. 4 months seems to be standard across the board. 

Nah, no thread yet. Maybe once growth actually starts I'll post a thread. I'm at month 3.

Regardless though I would definitely recommend Mwamba for a repair.