Uk visa for India

• Administrators

Calling all UK patients, how did you get a visa to get to India? I’ve had some people dm me asking. I’ll use this thread as a reference.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

50 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Calling all UK patients, how did you get a visa to get to India? I’ve had some people dm me asking. I’ll use this thread as a reference.

you can use the e-visa application process online if you have a UK passport for india

• Confused 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, mmokin said:

you can use the e-visa application process online if you have a UK passport for india

I was told they don’t have evisas in the UK. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

You have to book an appointment at a VFS consular because of the lack of eVisa but this thread has pretty much all the information you need. 

Edited by NARMAK

6 hours ago, mmokin said:

I would suggest deleting this response and the replies to it, to avoid confusing people coming to the thread. e-Visas for India are NOT available to UK passport holders.

Be wary of false websites and visa agents online claiming otherwise. Stick to official websites when seeking information.

The official website for Indian visas is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

I would suggest deleting this response and the replies to it, to avoid confusing people coming to the thread. e-Visas for India are NOT available to UK passport holders.

Be wary of false websites and visa agents online claiming otherwise. Stick to official websites when seeking information.

Have you recently gotten a visa for India?

• Like 1

View my thread

You need to apply for a regular paper visa and make an in-person appointment with VFS, who manage application on behalf of the consulate . They removed the E-Visa application for UK Nationals. Follow the process on the link. 

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/

Once I attended the the visa processing centre, I received my visa five days after. I would advise that you sure you bring spare photocopies of everything they require. 

19 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

You need to apply for a regular paper visa and make an in-person appointment with VFS, who manage application on behalf of the consulate . They removed the E-Visa application for UK Nationals. Follow the process on the link. 

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/

Once I attended the the visa processing centre, I received my visa five days after. I would advise that you sure you bring spare photocopies of everything they require. 

Just to counter this. @Berba11 has shared his experience and it took almost a month.

It's allegedly 2 weeks on average but probably 2-4 weeks is a reasonable expectation. Unfortunately their systems not as modern as others for UK applicants it seems. The eVisa system would probably be a big boost for the majority.

• Administrators

Apparently, Dr. Sethi spoke to the embassy in India and was able to get it resolved. Not the best scenario, but something that could be done in the future. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Apparently, Dr. Sethi spoke to the embassy in India and was able to get it resolved. Not the best scenario, but something that could be done in the future. 

Honestly, i don't know how Dr Sethi managed to finesse that but glad for whoever it was. 

I was made to sign something when applying stating i understood it would take a minimum of 45 working days which meant i had to delay my scheduled date in March because i didn't want to get caught out on not being granted a Visa in time. 

Also i had the schedule of flights to consider because of prices potentially shooting up if i didn't reschedule the flights sooner rather than later. 

20 hours ago, Hayden87 said:

Thanks for the link. I haven't done any e-visa or medical visa yet

Im still in discussion with Eugenix regarding procedure dates.  Your posts are always helpful regarding travel!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Im still in discussion with Eugenix regarding procedure dates.  Your posts are always helpful regarding travel!

https://www.evisasindia.org/types/medical-visa/

This had me a little concerned tbh. Maybe you or the others can help. 

Does this mean you have to basically enter to India within 60 days of the original date the medical Visa was scheduled for? 

Or that you can re-arrange and have it take place later but the medical Visa is only valid for 60 days from entry? 

10 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Does this mean you have to basically enter to India within 60 days of the original date the medical Visa was scheduled for? 

Or that you can re-arrange and have it take place later but the medical Visa is only valid for 60 days from entry? 

I have no idea bro.  I'm trying to figure it out myself, with my procedure being at the end of April!

1 minute ago, Ryan Daniel said:

I have no idea bro.  I'm trying to figure it out myself, with my procedure being at the end of April!

You in the UK or outside? 

I'd apply ASAP if you can as Berba11 had it take a month, and giving yourself breathing space would help. 

I just checked and my original goal was for like near the end of March and because of the way the process has been extended on my side, i've delayed till May. Checking online, it appears that if you HAVE to go on a Medical Visa, it can be no longer than 60 days from when it was issued to be originally used. I think i'd just fall within 60 days based on that. 

Honestly, the entire Visa process to me is pure anxiety and if i ever manage to get this all sorted and get the procedure, i'll be sharing my full story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

You in the UK or outside? 

I'd apply ASAP if you can as Berba11 had it take a month, and giving yourself breathing space would help. 

I just checked and my original goal was for like near the end of March and because of the way the process has been extended on my side, i've delayed till May. Checking online, it appears that if you HAVE to go on a Medical Visa, it can be no longer than 60 days from when it was issued to be originally used. I think i'd just fall within 60 days based on that. 

Honestly, the entire Visa process to me is pure anxiety and if i ever manage to get this all sorted and get the procedure, i'll be sharing my full story. 

I am flying to India from Malta 

60 days is the least amount of time you can make it assume? 

1 minute ago, Ryan Daniel said:

I am flying to India from Malta 

60 days is the least amount of time you can make it assume? 

I think the link above and i'm again, not 100% on this implied that the medical eVisa cannot be extended or something. I'd imagine it's similar for the paper based version and that you have to make your entry within 60 days of when you've applied for entry on the application. 

I applied in the first week of February and had to go through extra steps. You might be able to get the eVisa much quicker. 

I didn't even realise i might have got screwed if my re-arranged date was probably outside of 60 days from the original and i still don't know if i will be. 

Right now, i'm praying for the best but it's been pretty stressful on the "Will i get it, won't it?" front. 

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Please be aware of the disclaimer at the bottom of that site "Disclaimer: This company is not affiliated with the Indian government. www.evisasindia.org is intended to help individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel paperwork to enter India for a short term stay."

The website appears to be out-of-date with regards to British travel information.

I would suggest reading through the General Visa information page of the High Commission of India (London, UK) page here:

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/general-visa-information/

Followed by the VFS (UK) site here:

https://services.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/ind/

3 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Thanks! Prior to Covid, I was living my good life, overseas every couple of weeks. So plenty of experience with travel and visas. However now I've been stuck at home for two years going bald, but that should hopefully change in June!

8 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

Please be aware of the disclaimer at the bottom of that site "Disclaimer: This company is not affiliated with the Indian government. www.evisasindia.org is intended to help individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel paperwork to enter India for a short term stay."

The website appears to be out-of-date with regards to British travel information.

I would suggest reading through the General Visa information page of the High Commission of India (London, UK) page here:

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/general-visa-information/

Followed by the VFS (UK) site here:

https://services.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/ind/

Thanks! Prior to Covid, I was living my good life, overseas every couple of weeks. So plenty of experience with travel and visas. However now I've been stuck at home for two years going bald, but that should hopefully change in June!

I'm like seriously concerned right now that i don't know when i'd actually get my Visa granted right now and how long its valid for. I tried to use that link you gave to the HCI and got more confused. The site said date that the Visa is issued is when the Visa is valid from, but when i searched for Medical Visa on the site, the duration it lasts for to allow you to travel isn't explained well. 

I just feel like everything in terms of trying to organise that Visa has been going against me from Day 1 atm. I don't know how easy it would be to even try re-arrange the flights again and then with Eugenix to book a date. This process is just getting me down tbh. 

You book flights earlier to avoid getting screwed on last minute price hikes but it genuinely feels like they have the most archaic and out of touch application processing.