Are these grafts that aren't growing?

hairlossman1

Sorry if this has been a duplicate post, I'm pretty new to posting and might have posted this in the wrong place originally.

I'm now 12 days post FUE (which I have began documenting in a different topic). In my mid scalp, a lot of the grafts don't seem to be growing and are just tiny dark stubs. Where as In the hairline the majority of the grafts have continued to grow. Is this normal or does it mean that these grafts aren't going to grow? 

My other thought is that the hair might have come off when the scabs were removed, is this possible? Or is it all too early to tell and just going to have to wait it out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Graft.jpeg

• Administrators

12 days post-op the grafts wont be growing, those are dead bulbs, the grafts will grow around 3 months. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hairlossman,

As already indicated, 12 days is far too early to judge anything other than how the surgery is healing. Don’t worry about whether or not some seem to be growing or not. The follicles are healthy and living underneath the surface of scalp. Your will experience hair shedding of the transplanted hair between 4 to 6 weeks and within 3 to 5 months you’ll start to experience new growth. It will take 12to 18 months to fully mature.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

26 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Hairlossman,

As already indicated, 12 days is far too early to judge anything other than how the surgery is healing. Don’t worry about whether or not some seem to be growing or not. The follicles are healthy and living underneath the surface of scalp. Your will experience hair shedding of the transplanted hair between 4 to 6 weeks and within 3 to 5 months you’ll start to experience new growth. It will take 12to 18 months to fully mature.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thanks for your response! All seems to be healing well so far.

This website has lots of before and after pictures to compare.  If you want to see what to expect from day 1 throughout the first 30 days post surgery you can look at my website which is a typical outcome.  I explain what to expect and show pictures each day and each week or so for the first year.  I also post bi-monthly pictures and updates.  It's just another resource for you but its been viewed over 375,000 times so many folks have paid attention for quite a while.  You should be just fine in your recovery but keep us posted.  My website is MyFUEhairtransplant.com but go to the archives and September 2012.  Good luck. Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.