Going to Asli Tarcan was one of the worst experiences of my life!

Icicle

8 minutes ago, Icicle said:

SadMan in which direction by way of clinics or doctors should I be looking at in terms of a repair? And do you or anyone in here know of, had any experience with or heard of Dr Caymaz?

when operating on 1st time, virgin scalp a B-list doctor is acceptable. But repairs are much more complicated and can only be entrusted with an elite doctor, preferably one known for repairs. Don't mess around in Turkey for a repair...

Cooley, Mwamba, Bisanga, Feriduni are probably the best doctors specifically for a repair. Keep in mind that for repairs, a lot of doctors will require an in-person consult. Yes, you may be required to travel internationally just for an in-person consult. Cooley and Bisanga require this. 

I myself am seeing Mwamba in June. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

Thanks, I’ve reached out to you privately as well. But publicly, do you or does anyone know anything about donor restocking and how if at all successful it is?

Where is the stock coming from to restock the donor?

17 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Body hair. You familiar with this?

The problem with body hair is the growth cycle is really short compared to head hair. It's the reason body hair is so short ... it's constantly reaching the end of its anagen phase and falling out. It can be done but really no good for your head.

How many weeks since your transplant?

2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

when operating on 1st time, virgin scalp a B-list doctor is acceptable. But repairs are much more complicated and can only be entrusted with an elite doctor, preferably one known for repairs. Don't mess around in Turkey for a repair...

Cooley, Mwamba, Bisanga, Feriduni are probably the best doctors specifically for a repair. Keep in mind that for repairs, a lot of doctors will require an in-person consult. Yes, you may be required to travel internationally just for an in-person consult. Cooley and Bisanga require this. 

That makes sense. I’ve been in talks with Dr Mwamba he seems really good. However he is very expensive.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, JC71 said:

If your looking for a repair then consider Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Feriduni, HDC + @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) for example. If your looking at Turkey then consider Dr Bicer. Dr Caymaz is not someone you should be looking at, out of the frying pan and Into the fire. A elite/recommended Dr/Clinic needs to be doing your next procedure. 

This ^

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Icicle said:

10 weeks

You're very much in the 'ugly duckling' phase, combine that with the horrible experience, it's bound to take its toll. Even people that have had a great experience with a top surgeon start to feel anxious at this time.

Did you check out that guy on YouTube latest update vid? against the odds, it looks pretty good, and he's happy with the result. From week 13 - 17 you should start to see noticeable improvement.

Just now, AA1989 said:

You're very much in the 'ugly duckling' phase, combine that with the horrible experience, it's bound to take its toll. Even people that have had a great experience with a top surgeon start to feel anxious at this time.

Did you check out that guy on YouTube latest update vid? against the odds, it looks pretty good, and he's happy with the result. From week 13 - 17 you should start to see noticeable improvement.

See the thing is, I know I’m in the ugly duckling phase and I know my density will improve. But the hairline was designed wrong and not to my liking so no matter how thick my hair gets there’s going to be no getting away from the hairline. Also one side of my head is very thin and butchered so that side will always be lagging behind the other.

9 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Can I reach out to you privately?

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Mr Nilsen said:

Thank you so much for sharing your story @Icicle! I have been booked in for a transplant surgery in July with Asli-Tarcan, but I will definitely not go now after reading this! I am so sorry that you had to go through that! 

As long as I can save someone else from going through the horrendous experience I went through. It means a lot to me that I was able to reach someone. 

If you could pay it forward to the next person I’d really appreciate that.

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Icicle said:

As long as I can save someone else from going through the horrendous experience I went through. It means a lot to me that I was able to reach someone. 

If you could pay it forward to the next person I’d really appreciate that.

It’s results being posted that helps prevent someone else going through the same experience. In this case @Mr Nilsenhas arrived on the forum in plenty of time to cancel and see real results such as yours, paying it forward like you have, well its priceless 🙏

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JC71 said:

It’s results being posted that helps prevent someone else going through the same experience. In this case @Mr Nilsenhas arrived on the forum in plenty of time to cancel and see real results such as yours, paying it forward like you have, well its priceless 🙏

Thank you @JC71 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone, quick update on my case…

I’ve just been to see Dr Mwamba for a consultation regarding a repair and upon inspection he reckons of the 5000 grafts that Asli Tarcan extracted and implanted only 1000 grew. 

It looks like even though they damaged 4 out of every 5 grafts they took, they implanted them anyway knowing they wouldn’t grow but I would look like I had a lot of grafts immediately post surgery plus I would be halfway across the world before I ever found out and it would probably be a year later if I ever noticed.

So it’s worse than I previously imagined.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Icicle said:

Hello everyone, quick update on my case…

I’ve just been to see Dr Mwamba for a consultation regarding a repair and upon inspection he reckons of the 5000 grafts that Asli Tarcan extracted and implanted only 1000 grew. 

It looks like even though they damaged 4 out of every 5 grafts they took, they implanted them anyway knowing they wouldn’t grow but I would look like I had a lot of grafts immediately post surgery plus I would be halfway across the world before I ever found out and it would probably be a year later if I ever noticed.

So it’s worse than I previously imagined.

Unbelievable that Tarcan legitimately wasted 4,000 grafts. There was another post here which had the Tarcan grafts grow…and it was really bad. It might be a blessing that you don’t need them removed. Mwamba is very good. Hope he can fix up the damage caused here. 

Edited by Z--
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Unbelievable that Tarcan legitimately wasted 4,000 grafts. There was another post here which had the Tarcan grafts grow…and it was really bad. It might be a blessing that you don’t need them removed. Mwamba is very good. Hope he can fix up the damage caused here. 

Dr. Mwamba needs to thank Ali Tarcan for all the business they are bringing him 😬

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 2:06 AM, Jerome said:

ive heard of people getting good results from them.

And I’ve heard people haven’t died from playing Russian Roulette.

In all honesty you’ve probably heard from people who don’t know what a good hair transplant is and are just fed up of being bald.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 4:13 AM, sekiro109 said:

did you end up getting a repair with Dr Mwamba? 

Not yet brother. I’m following his recommendation in regards to medical therapy for a few more months and then hopefully I’ll be ready to do it.

• 8 months later...