Almost had surgery

geochelone

Let me tell you the story about how I almost had surgery with dr Aygin.

First off, credits to them, the organization was exceptional and everyone was very nice and professional.

What didn't sit well with me 'though, was that the doctor that did the preconsultation was not dr Aygin, but another doctor that worked there. Also, the preconsultation was probably around 4 minutes and would have been even shorter if I hadn't asked questions. The doctor came in, drew my hairline on, that was almost it. Quickly said he wanted to do 2 sessions and where he'd take my donor hair from : 4 minutes in and out. 

Maybe I was wrong but the fact it was not dr Aygin that did the preconsultation and the fact it was 4 minutes only threw me off. I felt like losing control of what was happening and decided I wanted out. They reimbursed me, although I told them I was okay with paying full price : after all, the surgery was planned and I have my honor. Classy of them to insist on reimbursing.

I was probably wrong to blow it off. My colleage went there and his result is fantastic. But I went with my guts today.

• Like 1

Peace of mind is priceless. If you went ahead with the surgery, you'd probably be anxious about the whole thing for at least 4-6 months and further if the result isn't to your liking. If you got a full refund, then I'd say it was a good outcome. At least now you can schedule with another surgeon or try to make sure you get Dr. Aygin on a different date.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You got very lucky in my opinion. Choosing a hair mill is never a good idea.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, geochelone said:

Let me tell you the story about how I almost had surgery with dr Aygin.

First off, credits to them, the organization was exceptional and everyone was very nice and professional.

What didn't sit well with me 'though, was that the doctor that did the preconsultation was not dr Aygin, but another doctor that worked there. Also, the preconsultation was probably around 4 minutes and would have been even shorter if I hadn't asked questions. The doctor came in, drew my hairline on, that was almost it. Quickly said he wanted to do 2 sessions and where he'd take my donor hair from : 4 minutes in and out. 

Maybe I was wrong but the fact it was not dr Aygin that did the preconsultation and the fact it was 4 minutes only threw me off. I felt like losing control of what was happening and decided I wanted out. They reimbursed me, although I told them I was okay with paying full price : after all, the surgery was planned and I have my honor. Classy of them to insist on reimbursing.

I was probably wrong to blow it off. My colleage went there and his result is fantastic. But I went with my guts today.

This is definitely a valid concern but also understandable on their part too. 

They're busy. They run a business. I get it.

But the simple quick chair sitdown followed by a quick hairline drawn on would most definitely put me on edge and make me feel rushed.

Eugenix seem to show a lot of videos where they are sat down meticulously going through the details, showing what they'll do on the screen projection etc, etc, but then i also read a post on here a week or so ago, where he said he felt rushed with the hairline and had 4 technicians staring at him waiting for an answer.

Perhaps there is more time to go over hairline design with the higher priced packages, i'm not so sure...? Would be interested to find out about how much time should be allocated in this situation actually...

1 hour ago, SadMan2021 said:

@geochelone I remember your post from a week ago or so. To clarify, so you flew to Turkey, and were actually in the clinic when you decided to cancel? 

Regardless, good call on calling it off. 

Yea man. Flight ticket werent refundable, I tried after our discussion last week. So i went along and hoped all my douvts would disappear during consultation, but unfortunately that's not what happened. Again, I trusted my gut, thinking rationally I still believe the results would have been good had I gone along with it.

Regardless I'm glad I stayed true to myself.

Edited by geochelone
  • Like 3