My experience with transmed istanbul turkey fue hairplantation 1400

woody

My bad experience whit transmed isatnbul . I am 12 months post op after receiving 1400 grafts .And just 30 % of grafts progress.

When I have shaved my hair and i'm been very astounded

when i have see my donor area !!!!

They use a big punch !!! minimu 1,4 mm !!! they said , they use a 0,75 mm punch .

they don't reply my e.mail . they are not seriuse clinic.

i payed 3800 euros for this result !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody,

I'm sorry to hear and see that your results didn't turn out as expected. Have you contacted the clinic about your dissatisfaction? What have they said about it?

Though we do welcome patients to share their genuine experiences whether good or bad, be sure to read our policies on "How we Maintain a Safe and Fair Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians. In the event your doctor wants to post a reply, you will be required to give them your full name, date of surgery and give them the necessary written permission to discuss your case publicly.

In my opinion, contact the clinic and share your results and dissatisfaction with them so they can work with you on an amicable resolution.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very sorry to see this result of yours.

I am glad that you are sharing your experience as Transmed are one of my choices. When i asked them for FUE patients pictures, they were only able to show me one. Luckily i have not decided anything yet.

Getting a poor result is not nice but can happen. Getting a 'No Response' when the patient tries to contact for any reason is unacceptable.

Can you please continue to let us know how they deal (or if they deal with it at all) with your poor result.

Woody,

I've been in touch with Transmed and it sounds like they're doing all they can to accommodate you including offering you a free consultation and evaluation of the result to see if there's anything they can do to improve it, a free plane ticket, and a complimentary hotel room during your stay. I'm pleased to hear that you've taken them up on their offer.

Unfortunately, there are risks and variables that go along with hair transplant surgery, some of which are outside of a physician's control. And though even the best physicians won't bat a thousand, strong consistency in results and how they handle patient concerns is what makes a clinic elite.

Because Transmed is working to resolve your concerns amicably, which is what any reputable clinic would do in the event of less than optimal results, to make this threat more fair and unbiased, I've removed the word "bad" from the title. No content in the thread itself has been edited.

I trust Transmed will do all they can to help you resolve your concerns and achieve your hair restoration goals.

Please keep us posted.

All the Best,

Bill

growth does look very poor i really feel for you my man hope you get sorted bullit icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Woody,

Please see my post above. Because Transmed is working to resolve your concerns amicably, which is what any reputable clinic would do in the event of less than optimal results, to make this thread more fair and unbiased, I've removed the word "bad" from the title.

Thus, I'm asking you not to edit your title and include the word "BAD". Members and guests who read this post can clearly draw their own conclusions by your results and how the clinc is handling your complaint. There's no need to bias things by adding derogatory words in the subject line.

I'm not attempting to minimize your concerns. However, in order to be fair to all parties, please respect my decision.

Besides - I heard they are flying you free of charge and accomodating you with a free hotel stay while they evaluate you and see if there's anything they can do to help you. This is extremely fair of them.

Please do keep us posted on how they repond when they see you in person. Transmed has also told me they will be fashioning a reply on this thread after they've evaluted you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Do you work for transmed ?

I have been in contact with Transmed,

They offer to come to istanbul but they have just book the flight and hotel , they do not pay , just book .

if i go to transmed clinic , it 's for refund my money (3800 euro ) , not for repar work . no 2 times the same error

This transplantation is not no bad luck or bad treatment instruction post-op . it 's bad work !!!!!

The extraction is very too high , and they use a big punch , for to facilitates his work .

They use many grafts for nothink .

i choice fue methode for to have no scar .I'll mark the life because they are not seriouse !!!!!!

please , not modifie my post.

sorry for my poor english

zone_de_prelevement_500.jpg.c71440d8655e0c105f9413473473c410.jpg

Woody,

I am the Associate Publisher of this community and forum moderator. Thus, my goal is to run a fair forum for both patients and physicians. To see our policies on how we handle patient complaints, visit "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for both Patients and Physicians".

I received the below email from Taner from Transmed:

"Woody as he is named under Hair Transplant Network was indeed operated in Transmed about 12 months ago. We did not hear from him until after the 11th month of his surgery. He contacted us about two weeks ago, informed us about his bad result and inquired about a money-refund.

Transmed's policy on bad-result cases is to invite the patient over to the clinic so that our plastic surgeons can examine him to see if there is a chance for us to help both him to improve the result (of course, without charge) and ourselves by learning from this case. As is the normal procedure, we offered him a plane ticket as well as a complimentary hotel room. Although it was hard to convince him, we succeeded. He will be at our clinic next week and our plastic surgeons will have a good look at his result. We prefer to post a comment after we see him in person..."

According to the above email, you agreed to have them fly you over there next week. Isn't that correct?

Taner also told me that they purchased your plane ticket.

In my opinion, Transmed is doing the right thing and all they can do to help you resolve your concerns. It's common practice for clinics to want to see their patients in person before deciding on an amicable solution. In my opinion, let them evaluate you and see if you two can come to a reasonable solution.

Regarding the modification to the title of this thread, my decision stands - and I trust you'll honor this decision. If you don't however, I'll assume your only reason for posting is to smear the reputation of Transmed rather than attempting to come to an amicable resolution of your concerns. These kinds of posts are a direct violation of our terms of service and failure to oblige by them will result in disciplinary action. Therefore, if you're genuine, I trust you'll honor my very simple request.

I really do feel for you, but you have to understand that as the moderator, I must maintain a fair environment to both patients and physicians. Ultimately however, I do wish you the best of luck in getting the head of hair you deserve.

Best wishes,

Bill

Who should we believe here about flight and hotel. Transmed or Woody?

Bear in mind this patient is showing evidence of his experience and we can all see why he is upset.

Woody,

Since you don't want any repair work from the same clinic then if i was you i would try and make it clear with transmed that if they agree that it is a bad job then you will only be open to refund and not a repair work (unless they can guarantee the repair). Once Transmed has agreed on that then i think you should visit their clinic at any cost and see how fairly they evaluate your HT.

today , i receive the e-ticket for istanbul.

I go istanbul with my brother friday 11 september.

my brother , because he had a transplantation FUE 1200 at transmed and same result as me.

I'm here , not for to smear the reputation of Transmed .

Just to show their work.

because if i saw their result , transmed patient pictures , I would not choose this clinic.

it's too late .Now , i would want just a refund.

Not a new transplantation in this clinic.

Hi Woody,

Could we see some before and after pictures of your brothers HT? Which surgeon did he see?

Transmed will likely want to see what has gone wrong so that they can try and reduce cases like this in the future... No company would want this kind of result. The people I met at the clinic who'd had transplants with them were very happy and did have good results. Although this is clearly a bad result and gives me concern for my HT with them (which has yet to mature), I do know first hand that they have had very good results as well.

I'd really like to see some before and after pictures from your brother.

HM

I will send pictures of my brother when he come back.

I can't send his donor aera because he don't shaved his hair. so i think , same as me , they used big punch for extraction.

But for the one year mark, not that great of a result. just 60%.

I repete , it's not bad luck!

- extraction with a big punch.(more easy and more practice for the doctor)

- extraction is too high and too low.

- they have extracted many grafts for 1400 implant (reduction my donor aera for nothink)

- implantation of many grafts , bad direction.

- 60% of the graft have been damaged, a doctor said me they are damaged during the extraction.

- 2 doctors for the same transplantation icon_confused.gif

I think , you can understand my anger.

I understand your frustration. I emailed Taner myself. He seems genuinely concerned for your result. I hope they manage to calm you down and you come to an amicable resolution.

No one is denying that you have had very poor regrowth.

Who was the surgeon that did your brother?

Are there any other factors that you think might have effected it? Drinking, Steroids, etc, the usual... It would be nice to know if you think there is so I can avoid it :S

Can you remember which surgeon did which side of your head? From your pictures one side is better than the other...

HM

Actually, we have a dilemma...

Taner from Transmed (who is genuinely concerned for this patient and working to do everything in their power to help him) has reason to believe that the poster "Woody" on this forum may be someone other than the patient himself. They do not deny the existance of this patient and that the patient himself has expressed private concerns to Transmed via email.

According to Taner who's spoken directly to this patient, the patient has never heard of this community and has only posted on a Turkish forum. Additionally, Taner claims that privately, the patient is very genuine and open to evaluation to see what can be done about his situation. Whereas on here, the patient is animate about receiving a refund only. At first, I thought maybe Taner was confusing "Woody" with another patient. But his last email today confirms he is not. Thus, because Taner has been in direct correspondence with the patient, he has offered to get me in touch with the patient himself by phone. I've accepted and am awaiting his call.

Thus, if "Woody" on this forum is the legitimate patient himself and not someone covertly trying to tarnish Transmed's reputation, all he has to do is send me an email at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com with his real full name, date of surgery, and documentation showing that he had surgery with Transmed. The email should come from the email address he used to register himself on this forum. I've already sent him a private message yesterday 9/4/2009 requesting his real full name and date of surgery. The message I sent him yesterday is below.

"We've been discussing your results publicly on the forum however, since I've been in touch with Transmed, I want to make sure we're all on the same page.

I'm starting to wonder based on my discussion with Taner from Transmed privately, whether or not they're confusing you with another patient. Thus, please provide me your first and last name and date of surgery so I can make sure we're all on the same page. Your personal identity will be kept between you, me, and the clinic and not posted anywhere on the discussion forum. This information will help Transmed know with certainty who you are and be able to respond properly to your concerns both privately and publicly.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation."

And though "Woody" has posted on this discussion thread after I sent the message - he has yet to reply to me privately.

While patients are welcome to share their genuine and legitimate experiences and opinions online, covert and fictitious posting is highly frowned upon by this community and is a violation of our terms of service. This kind of posting goes strictly against the kind of transparency and accountability that we promote on the Hair Transplant Network.

Therefore, until I speak to the patient privately, I'm going to lock this thread. Once I speak to the patient, I'll know more about how to handle this thread.

Best wishes,

Bill

Member,

I did receive an email from forum member "Woody" and am waiting for confirmation from Taner.

If in the event the poster "Woody" is the patient, I will re-open the thread for discussion. Transmed will then be welcome to reply publicly to the patient's concerns at any time as is our standard policy.

Transmed did however, claim they want to wait to reply until after they meet with the patient in person to assess the results.

I'll keep you posted.

Bill