Rain/Snow after FUE Hair Transplant

This week I am having my FUE hair transplant. The day of and the next two days after my FUE it is expected to rain and snow.

The doctors office and my apartment don't have covered walkways (will only be about 10 seconds walk outside).

How do I navigate this to ensure no damage to grafts?

10 minutes ago, cheeseywonder said:

This week I am having my FUE hair transplant. The day of and the next two days after my FUE it is expected to rain and snow.

The doctors office and my apartment don't have covered walkways (will only be about 10 seconds walk outside).

How do I navigate this to ensure no damage to grafts?

Use an umbrella and a loose surgical cap with some instructions from your clinic should actually help. 

I think it's good to be safe but usually they say not to shower because of the grafts being dislodged in that key period. Outside of a torrential storm, i don't think a bit of rain getting on the scalp will affect anything. Hell, it's probably just gonna help keep the hair moist on the scalp lol

33 minutes ago, cheeseywonder said:

my concern is the grafts are extremely vulnerable for first 72 hours...so even light rain/snow will cause no damage?

They’re vulnerable but i don't think they will be that bad. Just ask the clinic before you leave for their advice. I think you're being overly paranoid on it tbh. 

You should be fine with 10 seconds of rain/snow.  However, do not stand outside during a blizzard, hailstorm, or hurricane.  Lastly, avoid getting struck by lightning within the first ten days post-op as that might damage the grafts.  Staying clear of tsunamis would also be wise.

• Haha 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, cheeseywonder said:

Can rain get through a surgical cap

Mate... Come on.... Just use an umbrella for the 10 seconds you'll need to! You're overthinking this massively.

And it depends how much rain... Heavy rain will go through a surgical cap. A tiny amount of very light drizzle for 10 seconds will not.

• Valued Contributor
20 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

You should be fine with 10 seconds of rain/snow.  However, do not stand outside during a blizzard, hailstorm, or hurricane.  Lastly, avoid getting struck by lightning within the first ten days post-op as that might damage the grafts.  Staying clear of tsunamis would also be wise.

That said, if he's having crown work done, there's no harm in walking straight into an oncoming tornado. Helps with the 'whorl'.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Mate... Come on.... Just use an umbrella for the 10 seconds you'll need to! You're overthinking this massively.

And it depends how much rain... Heavy rain will go through a surgical cap. A tiny amount of very light drizzle for 10 seconds will not.

What if the umbrella clamps down on my head

21 minutes ago, cheeseywonder said:

At this point you just sound like you're here to troll. The usual chance of any such thing happening is ridiculously low. 

• Valued Contributor
20 minutes ago, cheeseywonder said:

You can "what if...?" your way out of every possible solution for every possible problem if you're so inclined. Or you can just crack on... You'll be fine.

This would also be very bad for graft survival...

d442bb5404f060337e130e825a47279a.thumb.jpg.1854be71db157643376d68ed80c94032.jpg

Edited by aaron1234
  • Haha 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 year later...