Pics 2 weeks after surgery

Hi all

I have a HT booked in 2 weeks time with FueCapilar. Roughly 2 weeks after my HT I have to attend a big party which I have no way to avoid. I was wondering if anyone has pics of their hair and donor area about 2 weeks after? I have found a few results online but cant find any here so if anyone has come across posts or have their own pictures I would appreciate sending them my way. 

Main reason is to figure out if I need to use some kind of fibres or concealer to hide it as best as possible - I was thinking dermmatch would be a good choice for this as it would hide the redness as well if I get that. Unfortunately the party I am attending is with many people and saying I have had a HT is not an option. 

Many thanks

11 hours ago, ybism said:

Hi all

I have a HT booked in 2 weeks time with FueCapilar. Roughly 2 weeks after my HT I have to attend a big party which I have no way to avoid. I was wondering if anyone has pics of their hair and donor area about 2 weeks after? I have found a few results online but cant find any here so if anyone has come across posts or have their own pictures I would appreciate sending them my way. 

Main reason is to figure out if I need to use some kind of fibres or concealer to hide it as best as possible - I was thinking dermmatch would be a good choice for this as it would hide the redness as well if I get that. Unfortunately the party I am attending is with many people and saying I have had a HT is not an option. 

Many thanks

Hey, i think some doctors like Dr Bisanga advise against the use of fibres for longer than that. 

Honestly, it's a really tough spot to be in but maybe if it's 2 weeks post-HT, you could use a stylish hat as an accessory instead. Just say your head had some swelling or whatever if people question why you won't take it off. 

Hopeful others can chime in with solutions too 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:15 PM, AlexMeister21 said:

If you’re getting FUE, then it might look pretty normal at 2 weeks. If you’re getting FUT, you’re gonna have to wear a hat.

Getting FUE, think itll be fine?

On 1/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, NARMAK said:

Hey, i think some doctors like Dr Bisanga advise against the use of fibres for longer than that. 

Honestly, it's a really tough spot to be in but maybe if it's 2 weeks post-HT, you could use a stylish hat as an accessory instead. Just say your head had some swelling or whatever if people question why you won't take it off. 

Hopeful others can chime in with solutions too 

Thanks for your reply. The clinic say nothing for like 4 months but then im reading online elsewhere its fine after two weeks. Truth be told I get the sense theyre very conservative with their advice after the op and I dont really have a choice but to look half presentable. 

9 hours ago, ybism said:

Getting FUE, think itll be fine?

Everyone’s experience is different but there are people who look like they just have a shaved head after having FUE. You may have some redness in the recipient area at two weeks but it really depends how you heal.

10 hours ago, ybism said:

Thanks for your reply. The clinic say nothing for like 4 months but then im reading online elsewhere its fine after two weeks. Truth be told I get the sense theyre very conservative with their advice after the op and I dont really have a choice but to look half presentable. 

Yeah, i completely understand the presentable idea. Not a fan of wearing a hat? 

The other products out there, apparently there's something called "derma match" which i think helps cover the scalp too which might cover redness but i was listening to the Bald Truth episode they put out recently where they discussed the hair fibres, toppik etc. after a HT. Spencer mentioned how he thinks in some people, it could elicit a response on the scalp leading to inflammation. This depends on individual sensitivity but it was highlighted about people also leaving in the products for days on end etc. 

I think it's just that part of us, that see their hair looking good again with fibres etc. we don't want to lose it subconsciously like we lost our hair and have it looking "bad" again. 

On 1/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, NARMAK said:

Yeah, i completely understand the presentable idea. Not a fan of wearing a hat? 

The other products out there, apparently there's something called "derma match" which i think helps cover the scalp too which might cover redness but i was listening to the Bald Truth episode they put out recently where they discussed the hair fibres, toppik etc. after a HT. Spencer mentioned how he thinks in some people, it could elicit a response on the scalp leading to inflammation. This depends on individual sensitivity but it was highlighted about people also leaving in the products for days on end etc. 

I think it's just that part of us, that see their hair looking good again with fibres etc. we don't want to lose it subconsciously like we lost our hair and have it looking "bad" again. 

You cant wear a hat for a couple weeks after no?

I have dermmatch and will test it to see how it works, hopefully helps. Also have the thickening spray so will try and combine and see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, ybism said:

You cant wear a hat for a couple weeks after no?

I have dermmatch and will test it to see how it works, hopefully helps. Also have the thickening spray so will try and combine and see what happens. 

According to a video on Hair Transplant Network YouTube by Melvin, a loose cap could be worn around 2 weeks out.

I hope you can find a solution that works for you. I know there's a lot of stigma still around hair transplants for men. Whilst we don't necessarily like people knowing we have had one, generally we keep it confined to an "Need to know" basis imo. Just a select few we trust or when advising people perhaps. 

i am exactly at 2 weeks mark. Well if there is not lighting in a party, it will just look like you had a buzz cut. But if there is lighting, people can see your skin redish. Well depends on who notice is. You are not allowed to put anything on scalp as it is still healing. Hope it helps.

20220124_003621.jpg

Honestly, while you'll likely be "presentable" two weeks post-op, I think it's more common than not for the recipient area to still be a bit red at that stage. I know mine was, which is why I wore a hat for the first 4 weeks or so. 

I think you have a few options: 

1) Find a nice hat to wear, choosing a style based on whatever the vibe of the party is.
2) Confidently go as is and know that people either A) won't even notice and/or B) won't say anything to you even if they do. (You may be able to use concealers, but I'd make sure to adequately research that and run it by your doctor. The skin may be pretty sensitive at that stage and you won't want to irritate it.) 
3) Embrace that you just had a hair transplant and be upfront about it at the party. :)

After my procedure, I opted for Option 1.... However, after having gone through the process and started being forthcoming about my hair transplant, if I were to do it over again, I would choose Option 3. The truth of the matter is that not one single person thought anything negatively about me getting a hair transplant. Quite the opposite, actually. Everyone was extremely supportive, intrigued, and the best part of all: Soooo many people opened up to me about their own hair loss and how they wanted to fix it, or how their husbands/boyfriends/friends/etc. were also experiencing hair loss and how this would be great for them. 

Edit: Oh! Side note. I forgot to mention that I concocted a fairly convincing story after my HT to explain why I was wearing a hat at work... I told everyone I had a small little cyst removed from my scalp and had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia that made my scalp break out and that it was all irritated and red under the hat, they had to buzz my head to help it clear up, etc. Feel free to use that if you want. Lol.

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56