Rejected By Konior

Maybe you scared him off with the level of detail you provided and thus the seemingly high expectations. Even for an elite top-price surgeon there is always a risk-reward assessment done. To the next clinic you contact I would try showing pictures of these issues in a simpler, more condensed manner.

Relocating thousands of grafts is a lot. I'm in a similar situation, but only 400 needs to be relocated, though due to poor yield (I had 1360 grafts implanted supposedly), I wish I was more in your situation. 

Honestly, it doesn't look bad to me. I would contact the top surgeons and ask how they would handle this instead of automatically going to relocating all of them. Perhaps relocating just the front ones. 

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Just stumbled up this thread you should look to lower the hairline instead of repairing the current one to mask the messed up hairs 

I was going to say the same thing. I know @HappyMan2021 said he didn't want to lower the hairline, but I do think that may solve the problem and would be cheaper and easier to do than the type of repair he is thinking about.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I was going to say the same thing. I know @HappyMan2021 said he didn't want to lower the hairline, but I do think that may solve the problem and would be cheaper and easier to do than the type of repair he is thinking about.

Yea because rn his hairline looks mature like a nw 2 and like you said it would be waaay cheaper

@BeHappy @Dillpickle123

Appreciate the input guys. I actually wrote this thread in January as I was beginning consults for my repair journey. 

I ended up going with Mwamba who operated on me in June. Mwamba did in fact lower my hairline, but also extracted many badly angled grafts. 

Maybe plugs can be camouflaged with a lowered hairline, but at least in my case, badly angled grafts still reveal themselves even if they are surrounded by correctly angled hair. 

I am seeing Mwamba again in January to complete all the work he couldnt do in June. It sucks to have to pay and go thru the motions of another surgery - i was really hoping i could be a one and done repair job- but realize maybe that was always out of the question. 

I would say my hair actually looks pretty good now and no one would notice the bad angles i still have. 

But i will never have peace of mind as long as I have any unnatural and bad angled hair sprouting from my scalp, so I need to see this finished off. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

@HappyMan2021 In all honesty it's hard to see these badly angled hairs until you point them out. How is he able to find bad angled hair amongst normally angled hair? Comb through thousands of your hairs one by one? 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor

In no way do I mean to sound dismissive but have you considered perming your hair @HappyMan2021. This is just my humble opinion but no one on the street would have any idea that anything is wrong with your hair. If their is some way you can get around this then you would be saving yourself thousands of dollars and potentially even more importantly, the time taken out of your life and lost to this problem, with the stress and multiple surgeries involved. I've spent a good six years just in this surgical situation when I was young and if you can avoid it then that would be my advice. All the best.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

i will never have peace of mind as long as I have any unnatural and bad angled hair sprouting from my scalp, so I need to see this finished off. 

I understand the mentality, but it's dangerous and futile to be a perfectionist in this. You can't trim every blade of grass to the millimeter. Transplants will never be perfect. Your body will never be perfect. Nobody else is examining you in minute detail and you will only drive yourself mad by doing it yourself. 

Don't worry about being perfect. Just try to be content with good enough. I'm sure you'll look natural soon.