Procedure for applying for an Indian medical visa?

Hey all.  I've booked myself a transplant at Eugenix (gulp!) in March and am now starting the process of getting a medical visa for that period.  Eugenix have been in contact asking me the address of the Indian Consulate in London, (to send my details to), which I have provided, but I'm sure I read here in the forum that somewhere else is more appropriate, (the Indian visa and passport application centre on Goswell Road?) 

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Davidf said:

Hey all.  I've booked myself a transplant at Eugenix (gulp!) in March and am now starting the process of getting a medical visa for that period.  Eugenix have been in contact asking me the address of the Indian Consulate in London, (to send my details to), which I have provided, but I'm sure I read here in the forum that somewhere else is more appropriate, (the Indian visa and passport application centre on Goswell Road?) 

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It's basically the place where you will arrange the appointment for.

There's a list on the VFS website 

https://services.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/ind/external-interim

You select VISA from the drop down and it gives a list of places that handle that. I actually found one a lot closer to me this way, then it asks you to make an appointment. If you are doing it on a mobile like i did, there's a "print" option but the first thing is you can't download that to print later, UNLESS you change where it says "print" to PDF and then it allows you to download. You can and have to apparently print this off on the day of your appointment alongside copies of everything else. 

You apparently have a fee of £88 listed online but this is probably out of date and some have been charged more. 

I'm trying to go through this all myself right now and it's really preying on my mind to get sorted ASAP. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

You can do a visa on arrival, there’s also the e-visa. I was stupid and paid a company to do the e-visa for me, and they charged $300. Honestly, the visa on arrival might be easy, you can ask the clinic to send you a letter for a medical visa. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can do a visa on arrival, there’s also the e-visa. I was stupid and paid a company to do the e-visa for me, and they charged $300. Honestly, the visa on arrival might be easy, you can ask the clinic to send you a letter for a medical visa. 

Melvin, i think those shady companies need to burn, but doing a Visa on arrivals a MASSIVE risk depending on which country you are coming from and the agreements in place. 

I know the UK has no eVisa online service at all, which is stupid as it comes and the Visa on arrivals probably the riskiest thing a person probably from the UK could try. It's a gamble and Eugenix said they wanted a week notice as my rep told me if you changing dates etc. 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Not for a medical visa with a UK passport Melvin. You've gotta do it old skool and go to a VFS consular service and hand in paper documents, passport etc...

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

It's basically the place where you will arrange the appointment for.

There's a list on the VFS website 

https://services.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/ind/external-interim

You select VISA from the drop down and it gives a list of places that handle that. I actually found one a lot closer to me this way, then it asks you to make an appointment. If you are doing it on a mobile like i did, there's a "print" option but the first thing is you can't download that to print later, UNLESS you change where it says "print" to PDF and then it allows you to download. You can and have to apparently print this off on the day of your appointment alongside copies of everything else. 

You apparently have a fee of £88 listed online but this is probably out of date and some have been charged more. 

I'm trying to go through this all myself right now and it's really preying on my mind to get sorted ASAP. 

That's what I thought initially, but when the Eugenix rep asked me for my details for the medical visa application, he also asked me for the address of the Indian Consulate (a different building in London which doesn't, as far as I know, handle visa applications) and inserted it in the application letter.

Edited by Davidf
Dodgy editing

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Not for a medical visa with a UK passport Melvin. You've gotta do it old skool and go to a VFS consular service and hand in paper documents, passport etc...

Ahh I see, is there a way you can get a tourist visa on arrival. I did the medical visa, but everyone said it would been easier to do the tourist visa. Maybe it’s just for the US.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

53 minutes ago, Davidf said:

That's what I thought initially, but when the Eugenix rep asked me for my details for the medical visa application, he also asked me for the address of the Indian Consulate (a different building in London which doesn't, as far as I know, handle visa applications) and inserted it in the application letter.

I personally used the VFS Consular address for where i booked my appointment where they'll view the letter. I figured it couldn't hurt having their address because ultimately i don't think they need that information. It's an extra step perhaps adopted from what other countries ask for. 

Still, i didn't realise you could secure appointments beforehand and probably would have saved me a week or so if i did it but again, i think this all comes down to allowing enough time to pay your deposit, book in for the medical VISA and then hopefully booking flights at a reasonable cost. Virgin Flights are currently around £450 for the cheapest directly booking with them for late March i believe. Bit cheaper if you book from 3rd party comparison sites by about maybe under £30, but realistically should the worse happen, i prefer the idea of being able to re-arrange for free on their own website. 

Travel insurance is probably good to have too. 

37 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Ahh I see, is there a way you can get a tourist visa on arrival. I did the medical visa, but everyone said it would been easier to do the tourist visa. Maybe it’s just for the US.

I don't think India are handing out tourist Visa's for UK atm and they don't do it on arrival. 

Also, if i'm correct, Europe and the UK are on their "High Risk" list so they expect you to quarantine in your hotel as of December 19 2021 pretty much, and do a PCR test on arrival and 72hrs before departure. 

Honestly, the hoops right now for international travel from the UK abd maybe elsewhere just seem ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I applied for the medical e-visa and paid 130.- 🤬. My father will accompany me but I haven't created one for him yet. should I risk it and apply one there at the airport in delhi for him? (I'm from switzerland)

Edited by Goat

1 hour ago, Goat said:

I applied for the medical e-visa and paid 130.- 🤬. My father will accompany me but I haven't created one for him yet. should I risk it and apply one there at the airport in delhi for him? (I'm from switzerland)

I'm in the same situation as you. My procedure is in April (flying to Delhi from Malta) 

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Hi Melvin , 

Do you know how long is India medical visa processing time if you apply in San Francisco ? Is the tourist visa faster ? 

Thanks