Whorl or baldness

You don't appear to have any signs of balding around the crown like thinning and loss of density but the whorl pattern as mentioned is where it naturally looks like that because of the way the hair is placed. 

You're also having a direct sunlight smack down on it and this accentuates how it looks and maybe your skin tone to hair contrast may be also making it more visible. 

Overall, you're 15, enjoy what you have but if you are conscious about your hair. Keep an active eye on your frontal hairline and other areas. If you notice to lose hair, try to figure out if its due to stress as that can cause telogen effluvium or maybe if its the start of hair loss. 

It's usually easier to start preventative medication and things in your early teens and 20s imo, but you should always try consult with a physician for blood works to identify any changes. 

Your health is the most important thing. Not making it suffer for vanity. There's always options you can use but you can't always pay for your health to improve. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Too early to tell. You are not likely balding at your age. But if you have hair loss in your family, you might want to take photos each year to track your progress. For now, live life and be a happy teenager, just stay off that dang tik tok. Lol now I sound old. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Too early to tell. You are not likely balding at your age. But if you have hair loss in your family, you might want to take photos each year to track your progress. For now, live life and be a happy teenager, just stay off that dang tik tok. Lol now I sound old. 

I think that's advice that could include social media in general for a lot of people lol

Man, we have a generation growing up on Snapchat/Tik Tok attention spans. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest, this looks like your natural whorl. You’re only 15 years of age and given the hair to scalp color contrast ratio, I don’t see any signs of actual thinning or baldness.  Now my question is, is this the first time you have noticed this or have you been noticing for a while and you’re only now just posting about it? In my opinion, keep your eye on it and use these photos as a comparison to see if things have changed at all.  But as of now, I think it’s probably pretty safe to say that this is your natural whorl pattern and not signs of thinning.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

16 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

To be honest, this looks like your natural whorl. You’re only 15 years of age and given the hair to scalp color contrast ratio, I don’t see any signs of actual thinning or baldness.  Now my question is, is this the first time you have noticed this or have you been noticing for a while and you’re only now just posting about it? In my opinion, keep your eye on it and use these photos as a comparison to see if things have changed at all.  But as of now, I think it’s probably pretty safe to say that this is your natural whorl pattern and not signs of thinning.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

I have this since i was a kid i was worried if im going to be bald when i grow. Thank you❤️