Worried about near future. Transplant gets more noticable with every day.

Hey guys,

4 years after my operation i all off the suddon start to get worried about my future. This was my post

Im quite happy with my result. Its not perfect. But its good. Density is fine. On one site the hair are to pointy. But ok. Hair are slowly starting to thin out behind the transplant. But very slow. Using minox to slow it even more down.

Im always panicing about people noticing i had something done (please lets get not into a discussion about telling or telling not). My relieve was always that, if i get thinner hair and dont have the money or grafts for a second operation, i could just cut it to 3mm and its fine. Well, because a bad covid self hair cut, i had to cut my hair to about 10m on top and 6mm sides and donor. Well, its doesnt look to good. On the top its fine if i style my hair. But even if i cut them to 3mm, the pointy hair on 1 side would stick out even more. And there is no way to style them then. But even worse is my donor. I more or less forgor about him for 3 years. But now i see that its very visible. The thinning itself is not a problem. The problem are the sharp edges. You just can see the pattern. My donor looks perfect with a little longer hair.

So im asking myself. Whats in 10-20 years? When my hair starts really thinning out? To a point where its just looks horrible. I cant grow my hair longer then. And it seems cutting it short is also not an option. The only way then is to completely going bald. Are there any example here? What about the scars in the donor and the transplant area?

Im really freaking out. Because to this day i always thought if things go wrong i always have a plan B :(

If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  Thus, if you are concerned about the future, it is imperative you are on some sort of regimen to help you with retention and enhancement of the native hair.  Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and Laser therapy are the modalities we refer to when dealing with this condition.  The mechanism of action of each is totally different and are thus synergistic when used simultaneously.  Get on as many as you can.  

Can you post photos of your entire head? Particularly one with a front shot.  You do not need to show the entire face.  (From the angle you've posted it seems you've been given a "rounded" corner instead of "blunting").

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Hi, This is a very valid and common concern. After having a hairline restoration its important to be on loss prevention regime like propecia/minoxidil to slow down the furthur loss but it still can happen. So I think once we get a hairline restoration we should be mentally and financially ready for maybe needing another one 5-10 years down the line. Another reason why the hairline restoration should be conservative to start with. I think a good doctor can give you a plan according to you genetic predisposition to which class of NW will you go. For a decade later you dont need 100 % coverage to look natural , its how the follicles are used.

1 hour ago, mmaldo5001 said:

So im asking myself. Whats in 10-20 years? When my hair starts really thinning out? To a point where its just looks horrible.

Get another transplant. 🙃 ... says the guy who's had 7 HT's.  In the meantime, are you on Fin?

• Haha 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

its 2022.

Why are you panicking about saying you had a hair transplant.

No one will care . 

Acting real secretive about it just looks insecure.

I had fue done I shave my sides to a 0 fade. Im sure some people can notice I had a hair transplant. No one has said anything no barber they probably dont care.

1 hour ago, mmaldo5001 said:

Hair are slowly starting to thin out behind the transplant. But very slow. Using minox to slow it even more down.

Have you considered adding fin or dut to your regime to slow the hair loss even more? 

If you have tried either and experience sides, there seems to be more companies offering a topical version of fin at least.

As for the donor, also consider SMP to camouflage the pattern of extraction so that you can cut your hair short and it will not be noticeable.

• Like 1

I went around for a year with a hair piece, no one else cared.
It's about making yourself feel good anyway!

We'd love to see photos of how your transplant looks 4 years later. :)
Honestly, anyone that gets a transplant needs to at least try finasteride.  You need to hold onto what you have outside of the recipient area!

If you're worried about scars in the donor area; look into SMP, a technique used to "remove"/"blend" scars.

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

From the angle you've posted it seems you've been given a "rounded" corner instead of "blunting"

would you say rounded corners are acceptable (depending on the patient) or pretty much all temples should be blunted? For me personally, one of my temples is blunted but the other is more rounded

2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

would you say rounded corners are acceptable (depending on the patient) or pretty much all temples should be blunted? For me personally, one of my temples is blunted but the other is more rounded

Rounded corners are typically designed for women's hairlines.  Blunting typically adds naturalness to hairline work in men.  

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.