Magic Shave burn

Story:

When I was younger I got into a little trouble. The only hair product they had was Magic Shave. I had a court date and had overgrown and sloppy hair. I had to make myself more presentable so I gave Magic Shave a try. After wiping it off I was left with about 25% of my hair and look ridiculous so in a panic I applied it again. Big mistake. I have two areas on the top of my head that got burnt and my hair never grew back in those areas. 

Question:

Will hair restoration work on the burnt areas?

I've been looking around and of course Bosley and Hair Club were the only ones I know of. But, I assume that it would be better for me to go to a private practice. I've been a NYer all my life until about six months ago. Moved to Florida. Long story short I don't know any of the locals. If there are any Floridians out there I'd love a referral. I live near Disney.

To anyone who is still reading. Thank you. I hope you have a blessed day!

52 minutes ago, toycrypt said:

Story:

When I was younger I got into a little trouble. The only hair product they had was Magic Shave. I had a court date and had overgrown and sloppy hair. I had to make myself more presentable so I gave Magic Shave a try. After wiping it off I was left with about 25% of my hair and look ridiculous so in a panic I applied it again. Big mistake. I have two areas on the top of my head that got burnt and my hair never grew back in those areas. 

Question:

Will hair restoration work on the burnt areas?

I've been looking around and of course Bosley and Hair Club were the only ones I know of. But, I assume that it would be better for me to go to a private practice. I've been a NYer all my life until about six months ago. Moved to Florida. Long story short I don't know any of the locals. If there are any Floridians out there I'd love a referral. I live near Disney.

To anyone who is still reading. Thank you. I hope you have a blessed day!

Absolutely don’t even consider the likes of Bosley/Hair club. It’s good you arrived here before actually choosing. Check out the forums recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Pics would be good as @JC71asks. But yeah, grafts can and often are placed into scar tissue in the cases of burn patients and so on. It's riskier and less predictable than completely healthy skin with overall lesser odds of great growth, but there are numerous cases out there of successful transplants into scar tissue. 

I'd assume since it was just chemical burning from hair removal cream that the overall state of your skin in these areas is much healthier than say someone who had 2nd or 3rd degree burns anyway and will probably be less of an issue overall, but that is just my speculation.

• Like 1

Found this stuff searching by 'magic shave' Says its a chemical hair remover for the body, nothing about the head. Is this what you used? Apparently its some pretty powerful stuff you have to mix carefully and wait 24hrs between applications. Here's some excerpts from an article linked below.

Though this product is only meant to be used on the face (its packaging and labels clearly indicate this), TikTok users have been raving about its abilities to cut through body hair and leave soft, smooth skin in its wake – especially on the legs.

If you do patch tests on your legs and arms and have no negative reaction, proceed with caution and follow the product's instructions exactly when mixing and applying the Magic Shaving Powder to your face or body. "Repeated applications in a short period of time increase the risk of sensitivity, so it is important to wait at least 24 hours between applications,"

https://www.allure.com/story/tiktok-magic-fragrant-shaving-powder-safety

image.png.c020d8d98cba3cc33976db7e42e04bbd.png