Weights Post-FUT

Hi all!

I want to know what other FUT patients from clinics that consistently deliver good, pencil line scars have been advised in terms of how long they have to wait before going to the gym and lifting weights post-FUT? I am talking about the Koniors, H&Ws etc. I have heard huge variance in this from 2 weeks to 6 months so I was wondering what other people have been told.

Thanks

Trix

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I would honestly stick with your doctor's advice. But yes it does vary and can be frustrating I know.

Thanks! I will, but I would like to know what other top doctors are recommending as the stay of absence from lifting weights.

• Like 1

If you try lifting too soon you'll feel the scar area throb.  Of course, STOP if that happens and delay lifting for another week or so.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

You don't want to stretch your FUT scar (neck flexion) since that can impede scar healing. You can start very light lifting after 1 month and I wouldn't resume heavy lifting until at least 3 months

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

7 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

If you try lifting too soon you'll feel the scar area throb.  Of course, STOP if that happens and delay lifting for another week or so.  

Ok but what is too soon according to your doctor? You had FUT with Konior - what did he advise/instruct you to do?

3 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You don't want to stretch your FUT scar (neck flexion) since that can impede scar healing. You can start very light light lifting after 1 month and I wouldn't resume heavy lifting until at least 3 months

Thanks! This is actually what is putting me off most about getting a second one - the time out of the gym. Will need to consider it carefully.

7 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Ok but what is too soon according to your doctor? You had FUT with Konior - what did he advise/instruct you to do?

I frankly forgot.  I've had FUT's with three different docs and I think they all had different time frames.  The common theme was to start back lightly.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group