How many grafts would I need?

2-2500 grafts would set you straight with the design drawn.

You look to have the ideal donor area, very dense and your hair calibre looks pretty thick/coarse. And I would go FUE in most cases in general anyway, with your donor area, FUT certainly isn't necessary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaltyCaptain592 said:

How many grafts would I need to get? Also which method do you think would be best for me? FUT or FUE? I dont like keeping my hair short. 

back resized.jpg

Hair pulled back.jpg

Around 2000-2500 like @JDEE0 said I would guesstimate aswell. 

You seem to be the perfect candidate I would say, what is your budget?

Edited by digi23

For starters, how old are you? While anybody could quote you an approximate number of grafts in the moment, you appear young and if you are continuing to lose hair, you will likely not be a “one and done“ patient.  I agree with others that approximately 2500 grafts would likely be enough to lower and refine your hairline today.  However, it’s imperative that you speak to a hair restoration surgeon about the long term and come up with a strategy and plan that doesn’t just take care of your hair the way it is now, but as hair loss progresses 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years from now.

Just be sure to research all your options and select a surgeon that you are most impressed with.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

3 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

For starters, how old are you? While anybody could quote you an approximate number of grafts in the moment, you appear young and if you are continuing to lose hair, you will likely not be a “one and done“ patient.  I agree with others that approximately 2500 grafts would likely be enough to lower and refine your hairline today.  However, it’s imperative that you speak to a hair restoration surgeon about the long term and come up with a strategy and plan that doesn’t just take care of your hair the way it is now, but as hair loss progresses 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years from now.

Just be sure to research all your options and select a surgeon that you are most impressed with.

Rahal Hair Transplant

im 29. my loss has been very slow. I look at my pictures from 4 years ago and can barely tell a difference. However, compared to 10 years ago, i def have lost some hair. 

Based on the photo, it looks like you've had at least one consultation. What did they suggest? And have you had any others? If not, I would recommend getting at least 2 more consultations with some surgeons you're considering before you move forward. You'll then be able to compare their different recommendations and see if you're getting similar responses. A top surgeon will also be able to take all the other factors about your projected hair loss into consideration when making a recommendation and make a game plan for you accordingly. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

7 hours ago, pkipling said:

Based on the photo, it looks like you've had at least one consultation. What did they suggest? And have you had any others? If not, I would recommend getting at least 2 more consultations with some surgeons you're considering before you move forward. You'll then be able to compare their different recommendations and see if you're getting similar responses. A top surgeon will also be able to take all the other factors about your projected hair loss into consideration when making a recommendation and make a game plan for you accordingly. 

I talked to Marc Dauer in Los Angeles. He stated 1300 to 1400 grafts at $13,000. I was immediately turned off. I sent my pic to Dr Umar as well. He stated 1800-2500 grafts @ 6.50 each. I will be meeting Dr Carman next week. I will also be speaking to Dr. Pak also. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:17 PM, SaltyCaptain592 said:

I talked to Marc Dauer in Los Angeles. He stated 1300 to 1400 grafts at $13,000. I was immediately turned off. I sent my pic to Dr Umar as well. He stated 1800-2500 grafts @ 6.50 each. I will be meeting Dr Carman next week. I will also be speaking to Dr. Pak also. 

Any word on Dr Carman consult? Thank you!

3 hours ago, LookinForHair said:

Any word on Dr Carman consult? Thank you!

Yes he was much better. He gave me more feedback and explained things to me much better.  He recommended 1200 grafts to me at a reasonable lump sum of ~$6700. Now I need to decide if i want to go through with it or not