Bumped Head into a Roof of a Bus No Major Injury but any Chance of Hair Loss ?

Hi Guys,

I have a question, It is a general question so just the other day while travelling in a Bus, while boarding it I got bumped into my head with the Roof of a bus right in my crown. This is not an area I have had a Transplant ever. So I got hit on my Native Hair Area, But It has made me a little worried the bump also gave me a lump/eruption (Swelling) the kinds when you get hit on your head with something. My question is, is there any chance that it may have uprooted or hurt any hair follicles and there by I may have lost any hair ? How do I ascertain that if I have lost any hair ? I am getting little worried. There was no Injury, or Bleeding just the Lump.

If there was any Hair Loss, what would have been the evident signs ?

Can anyone who has read into all of this or has experienced any such minor accident can shed some light on this ?

Thanks

• Valued Contributor

If it's your native hair and not a hair transplant within 14 days post op you will be fine. When you think about hair it takes a lot electrolysis to kill it. Hair is more robust than we 'hair geeks' give it credit for. All the best!

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If it's your native hair and not a hair transplant within 14 days post op you will be fine. When you think about hair it takes a lot electrolysis to kill it. Hair is more robust than we 'hair geeks' give it credit for. All the best!

But even though when it is not my Transplanted Hair and Native Hair. Why do you still mention about post 14 day I will be fine ? What has Native Hair got to do with Post or before 14 Days ?

Or are you trying to say that Had I just now had my Transplant that would have also made the surrounding Native Hair also susceptible to shock loss and any more injury even to the Native Hair would have caused Native Hair to shed, but since it is not Transplanted Hair or Time. The Scalp would have resisted this Minor/Medium Shock ? And there by most likely nothing would happen ?

is that what you are saying ? or trying to say ?

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, augustya said:

But even though when it is not my Transplanted Hair and Native Hair. Why do you still mention about post 14 day I will be fine ? What has Native Hair got to do with Post or before 14 Days ?

Or are you trying to say that Had I just now had my Transplant that would have also made the surrounding Native Hair also susceptible to shock loss and any more injury even to the Native Hair would have caused Native Hair to shed, but since it is not Transplanted Hair or Time. The Scalp would have resisted this Minor/Medium Shock ? And there by most likely nothing would happen ?

is that what you are saying ? or trying to say ?

What I meant was I would only be worried about hair if it was from a hair transplant within 14 days. You'll be fine is my message.

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

What I meant was I would only be worried about hair if it was from a hair transplant within 14 days. You'll be fine is my message.

That is like wishing good for me. 😃 which is I appreciate. But any technical answer can only maybe perhaps calm me down a bit :-)

7 hours ago, augustya said:

That is like wishing good for me. 😃 which is I appreciate. But any technical answer can only maybe perhaps calm me down a bit 🙂

@Gatsby is explaining very good.

If you look at this photo, you need to damage the root as you can see it is pretty well covered. I would say it is worse to cut yourself really deep in the head than to bump your head very hard.

Dermis - Wikipedia

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If you bumped your head in a non transplanted area then it will not affect the transplanted hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

If you bumped your head in a non transplanted area then it will not affect the transplanted hair.

But i am not asking about my transplanted hair, I am talking about my Native Hair. 

I bumped my head into the Native Hair region.

Edited by augustya

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, augustya said:

But i am not asking about my transplanted hair, I am talking about my Native Hair. 

I bumped my head into the Native Hair region.

Oh. I misunderstood. You're not going to lose any hair from a bump on your head. It would have to be really bad scrape that ripped out some follicles.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Oh. I misunderstood. You're not going to lose any hair from a bump on your head. It would have to be really bad scrape that ripped out some follicles.

So like an obvious sign of that would be some bleeding or scaring ? isn't it ?

Everyone is saying nothing to worry about. Nobody is explaining me in the way, had this happened, then we could have had some doubt on that being a possibility. 🙂

But everyone like we explain it to a child the same way everyone is telling me no no don't worry noting will happen 🙂

Edited by augustya

11 hours ago, augustya said:

So like an obvious sign of that would be some bleeding or scaring ? isn't it ?

Everyone is saying nothing to worry about. Nobody is explaining me in the way, had this happened, then we could have had some doubt on that being a possibility. 🙂

But everyone like we explain it to a child the same way everyone is telling me no no don't worry noting will happen 🙂

What do you want people to tell you? We are telling you, to bump your head in a bus roof is most likely not enough for your hair to be lost because its protected deep in under the skin as you can see in the photo I posted.

You need to be hit by the bus in the head when it drives 50 mph, then you lose your hair in the process because now you have no head then you can not have any hair on it. :D

Edited by digi23
  • Haha 1