Buzz cut/haircut with clippers post FUE

Hey ya'll - im coming up on 2 months post op in a couple days, and the dread shed is real ☹️ I'd like to return to martial arts/occasionally not wearing a hat in public, and taking my hair down would help make it much less obvious that I've had work done.

When is it safe to use hair clippers on the recipient area? Is there a certain guard length i should stick with to be safe?

Thanks!

Edit: I used the search function, the handful of results came back with varied results, opinions ranging wildly from 1-6 months, hence why I'm asking.

Edited by Rmp
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I've been told any time after 3 weeks and there's a few people on here that have buzzed down after 3/4 weeks without issue also. 2 months should be absolutely fine - the grafts are anchored, they aren't going to come out! Length is up to you but as a precaution I'd make sure you're using a plastic guard to protect the scalp, particularly if you still have a bit of redness in the area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

At this point you are fine to buzz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.