Unlimited Donor with Verteporfin - Should We Be Experimenting?

Yes I believe we are making good progress with the various aspects of the research and have overcome many of the "variables" involved. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 5/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes I believe we are making good progress with the various aspects of the research and have overcome many of the "variables" involved. 

That's great to hear, @DrTBarghouthi- Any timeframe on when you might begin testing on patients?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I do not think much of it. Honestly I do not see any game changer anytime soon. Maybe in 15-20 years we will have something, maybe. 

Your optimism is contagious ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike10 said:

I do not think much of it. Honestly I do not see any game changer anytime soon. Maybe in 15-20 years we will have something, maybe. 

I guess we couldn’t know unless some calculated trial is made. 

• Like 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

8 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes it will be this month once we confirm the patients. 

Great news! Hopefully we will have some solid evidence on wether it works by the end of the year!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Guys this is going to sound incredibly dumb, but why cant I just cut 2 similar holes in my leg, apply this to one and see how it heals compared to the other?

What am I missing?

um... that no one really want to do self harm? with experimental drugs, there are possible side effects that are not known of, how it react with human body etc.

when you apply with people fresh off HT, they are meant to have the holes due to FUE harvesting, so other than antibiotic, it's just acting as a supplement with hopes that it would introduce full regrowth, without any extra bodily harm.

although... if anyone did poke some holes on themselves and applied verteporfin... please do tell us how it went 😅

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Guys this is going to sound incredibly dumb, but why cant I just cut 2 similar holes in my leg, apply this to one and see how it heals compared to the other?

What am I missing?

You're missing medical supervision.

This is a bad from a personal standpoint in the off chance that something goes wrong a doctor would be able to take care of you. It's a also bad a from a public standpoint - in case something goes wrong and it becomes public, the reputation of this approach will be unfairly tarnished by someone performing the experiment without medical supervision.

Also the scalp is not the same as the leg. You really want the procedure to be an FUE extraction just like in a hair transplant.

Don't do it yourself. Get a doctor to do it.

DrTBarghouthi has already begun doing this properly. Others will joing him in due time.

• Like 1

tripleg is right, i'm sorry, even if anyone decide to voluntarily experiment, please do it under medical supervision.

not only that it acts as a safeguard agaisnt any unwanted effect, it would also serve as proof if the med does work. otherwise it won't even be treated as an evidence since without proper documentation, it's just conjectures.

• Like 2

When these things are tested, they need proper medical supervision starting with the reason for extraction, anesthesia, allergic reactions, adverse effects and ofcourse documentation for follow up results. 

• Like 5

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 1 month later...