Don Draper > Jon Hamm

I used to love watching Mad Men. It was a stylish, thought-provoking show and I highly recommend it if people haven't seen it.

Don Draper, the lead character, is the coolest MF you can imagine. Though a troubled individual with demons of his own, he is the slickest, and swans around 1960s New York as he pleases, with women falling helplessly into his arms. 

I think most people watched that show kind of envied Don Draper. He had the swagger, the money, the women, but more importantly - the look. Slicked back, jet-black hair, he was the epitome of cool. 

Now, i just came across a recent video of the actor Jon Hamm. I was almost shocked by what i saw.

No longer I did i look at this guy with envy, but instead I felt a twinge of empathy for the guy.

Thinning, patchy hair, it seems he is a mere mortal just like the rest of us : 

Never forget the smoke and mirrors within Hollywood.

They are humans too after all.

You do bring up a good point.  First impressions.....looking your best......and all that goes with it.  I recall a few years ago a true cowboy came in, hat and all.  Looked great.  Took off the hat and his demeanor changed so much it was an eye opening experience.  Being self aware is typically not a good thing.  Is this because we have been thought from childhood that appearance is important? Perhaps. Self confidence does have a bearing on all of this, but hair is truly important.  It's amazing how much older an individual can look without hair.  The scary thing is - who do you trust? We will typically say "do your research." 

Have you noticed how many more practices are now doing hair restoration? Pls ask them where they learned to do it! If not fellowshipped trained, walk away.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

I'm almost positive that Jon Hamm used a boatload of concealers in Mad Men, though I agree with everything you say. That show was amazing, makes you wish you could go back in time haha. 

This pic was probably back in 2017 or 2018

image.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Here's another one, he's definitely got diffuse hair loss, but he has enough to still pull off a good look with concealer.

image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'm almost positive that Jon Hamm used a boatload of concealers in Mad Men, though I agree with everything you say. That show was amazing, makes you wish you could go back in time haha. 

This pic was probably back in 2017 or 2018

image.png

Wow. I wonder what his next move will be; to shave or HT.... I guess we'll have to wait and see

Jon Hamm has been discussed on here before. That must have been a hairpiece (behind his natural hairline) on Mad Men. Concealers can be great but there's no way they were resposible for that hair of his all the years on that show. I'm actually not even convinced the 2021 photos are with fibers. That looks like a lot of hair compared to what he's really got. Could just be a big hairpiece wearer.

Look at this interview.... 6 minute mark

Edited by SD1984

He is done now. Most men lose it sooner or later. But in his case I am a but stunned to see it this early, as he always had excellent hair on TV at least.In the other picture I would assume that is a partial piece. His frontal hair is still there, could that have been from a previous HT, well I guess rather not but yoiu never know

• Administrators
2 hours ago, follically challenged said:

hmmm, so im guessing a piece or he got a HT...? Surely fibers can't achieve this alone.....

I think we’re talking two different time periods. Remember, mad men was over 14 years ago. He no doubt, had way more native hair than he did in the late 2010s. I don’t think he wore a hair piece on mad men, it was a comb over and jet black, fibers+dermmatch work wonders. 410EDC5C-BE45-41CE-A79E-9B83CE8B9B7B.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread