My Finasteride Journey!

Balding Bad

Greetings all! A little late, but better late than ever. Anyways, I've been on Fin 2x a week now since my last post and so far so good. I have nothing out of the ordinary to report, although I'm not sure if it's just in my head or not, but I feel like my frontal third is thinning out at a more accelerated pace now?

Photos below, you be the judge!

image.thumb.jpeg.159d070410b3323aac64a1aed02d54da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1bc5119f46ea4107a49ff2dfe3139f8c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.341b410e866e5f42ad99819b0c5cd27c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f8ddffc2181c181167cf539bb4d4d83.jpeg

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I last updated, but wanted to provide an update that I've paused Finasteride with my last dose being on October 25th due to the return of watery semen...

I will wait for it to return to normal consistency and at that point I will either take just one 1mg pill a week or divy it up to two .5 mg per week. Not sure which one I'll do, but I'm probably leaning towards just 1mg pill a week for simplicity's sake.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to make an entry that I started Fin up again on December 13, so about 7 weeks off of Fin.

I also wanted to note that around November 27 I noticed the consistency of my semen returned back to normal, so just a little over a month from when I stopped. I decided to give it a few weeks afterwards to let the Fin run through.

That said, I think I will continue to just take Fin once a week and see how I perform with it. If there are no side effects, then I think my regiment will be just 1 Fin pill every week.

On that note, my HT is scheduled for next Tuesday...so this thread will officially be coming to a close. Thanks for following along! :)

Edited by Balding Bad
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

Changes of consistency of semen is pretty normal for patients on finasteride. It shrinks the prostate so that will have an effect

I dunno man...that doesn't sound normal to me. Definitely sounds like an undesirable side effect.

We'll see how once a week Fin goes for me...

Even though this thread has essentially come to a close and is pretty much obsolete since I just underwent my FUE HT a few days ago, for the sake of thorough documentation, I will include the following months' photos that were not initially uploaded, which include September, October, (I unfortunately failed to document November) and December.

September 14, 2022

image.jpeg.120fc4a0b75aada72bed35a18cda60f3.jpeg

image.jpeg.0ca1765d95fc00b054e6b0966f453bcb.jpeg

image.jpeg.d28b2826f5251e7c3388047f15466363.jpeg

image.jpeg.3bc2d7ffa875e1713f05d811668ae0f3.jpeg

Edited by Balding Bad

Final thoughts, while I don't believe Fin really helped my frontal hairline, I do believe it helped tremendously in restoring my crown.

Looking back at my initial posts, it was clear my crown was beginning to thin out, but now that I'm looking at the most recent images of my crown, it's clear that it was restored and filled out some of the minor thinning areas.

My Fin regimen now will continue to be once a week. I was initially taking it on Tuesdays, but think I will move it to Wednesday to kind of even out my weeks. Hopefully I won't get any sides (watery seamen), but if I do, my next approach will be to take half doses (cutting the pills) twice a week.

Anyways, this should be my final post I believe. Thanks for following along. I'll begin a new thread shortly documenting my FUE HT procedure in the coming days. I'll post the link here, so stay tuned! 😎 

Edited by Balding Bad
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Looking good boyo. Who is your FUE surgeon? 

also I wouldn’t be too worried about watery semen. I would continue using finastiride normally especially if that’s the only side effect you are expericing! 

Why wouldn't you be worried about watery semen? It's a clear indicator of an adverse side effect.

Also, I went with Dr. David Josephitis at SMG...post coming soon!

2 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

Why wouldn't you be worried about watery semen? It's a clear indicator of an adverse side effect.

Also, I went with Dr. David Josephitis at SMG...post coming soon!

I wouldn't consider watery semen an adverse side effect.

Also good luck with the surgery, I've never heard of the doctor. Make sure he's recommended by this site but good luck! Going to be following your progress!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 9:09 PM, stephcurry30 said:

I wouldn't consider watery semen an adverse side effect.

Also good luck with the surgery, I've never heard of the doctor. Make sure he's recommended by this site but good luck! Going to be following your progress!

Of course it's an adverse side effect. His sperm quality is probably trash now too. 

• 1 month later...

So unfortunately even on just ONE 1 mg tablet per week, my side of watery semen returned. I noticed it on 02/07/23 and as a result my regular Wednesday dose on 02/08/23 was skipped.

I'm going to wait about a month for things to return back to normal and I will have to try taking just half mg and then see if I can bump it up from there. Crazy to think even with such minimal dosage that I'm getting sides!