Travelling to india

Hi guys new poster here have decided on my clinic eugenix and paid deposit hoping to travel in march from uk . Thinning to crown and doing a mix of beard and scalp into it to thicken it up. Question is can anyone help me with whats required travelling to india. Clinic has said the will provide necessary documents for a medical visa and that my partner can also travel on this with me. Live in glasgow so will be going via Heathrow to delhi. Anyone who has made the trip recently would be much appreciated if you could share whats required thanks

15 hours ago, Wanderer93 said:

Hi guys new poster here have decided on my clinic eugenix and paid deposit hoping to travel in march from uk . Thinning to crown and doing a mix of beard and scalp into it to thicken it up. Question is can anyone help me with whats required travelling to india. Clinic has said the will provide necessary documents for a medical visa and that my partner can also travel on this with me. Live in glasgow so will be going via Heathrow to delhi. Anyone who has made the trip recently would be much appreciated if you could share whats required thanks

One month back, I went to India from Heathrow with an e-Medical visa. The official website is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html, and you need this:

• Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details 
  • Copy of letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead, which includes the date / tentative date which admission have been suggested.

I did a PCR test before travelling, but I would double-check with the airline if it is required because India and the UK agree to recognise the vaccination card. I think you can skip it if you are fully vaccinated. I got vaccinated in Spain, so to avoid issues, I got the PCR test done.

Anyways, if you need help, drop me a message, and I will try to help.

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, Wanderer93 said:

Literally just returned home today from this very route. You basically just need the medical visa (and a fit to ply PCR test prior to travel). For the visa:

- You need to physically go the VFS consular services. Find out which is closest to you. For me it was London. I believe there's one in Birmingham. I'm sure there will be one closer to Glasgow.

- You need to fill out the regular paper application form here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html (save it, print it)

- You'll need a minimum two 50x50mm regulation photos of yourself. I got mine done in a photo booth in an Asda! Don't rely on getting them done at the application centre. In London, the photo booth was out of commission.

- Medical undertaking form (don't create your own, use this exact one - just print it as it is and fill in. I made my own more fancy one and they just printed me this one and told me to fill it in): https://www.visahq.co.uk/pdf/India_Authorisation_Letter.pdf

- You'll need a letter from Eugenix confirming your surgery. Make sure it is both stamped AND hand signed by either Dr Arika or Dr Pradeep. Mine wasn't hand signed and it was an issue - I won't recall the story here, but you can probably find it on this forum somewhere if you want to!

- You'll obviously need to give them your passport

- You need to book an appointment through the High Commission of India's website to visit the consular services. You'll choose a 15 minute time slot but the time slots are redundant - I was there for about and hour and a half before I even got called up to the counter. Try and book as early a time as possible as during my "slot" (mid afternoon) is was rammed, and get all of this sorted as far in advance as your departure date as possible.

- Completely disregard anything you see online stating that the application processing time is 5-7 working days. Mine took a month and if it hadn't been for persistent chasing and hounding on my part, I probably still wouldn't have it!

I think it cost me about £130 for the medical visa/next day courier service, though there's info online saying it's less than that, as well as some saying greatly more. I only know what I paid, but be prepared for that to be different!

• Like 1

Thanks guys . I found a vfs in glasgow but temporarily closed . Hopefully open soon. I will get the letter from eugenix do i need to write a letter for girlfriend or is the eugenix letter enough for her to get her visa to accompany me? 

help is much appreciated hope the process is smooth noticed they have started pcr test on arrival and 7 days quarantine which wouldn't work as i plan to only be there 4 days tops  

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I have literally just returned from my GP twenty minutes ago with my blood test results. I had the blood test taken by my own GP three days ago. I am sending them on wards to Eugenix later today.

Hi gatsby , have read many of your posts so thanks for helping. Did you just request them from your GP? Did you have to give them any reason for the test?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Wanderer93I don't imagine you would have to tell your GP. I just told mine that I was getting a hair transplant in India and they want a report for some blood work. One thing to watch out for though. I showed them them the list of things that Eugenix requested. When I sent my results to Eugenix today I was told that two of them were missing. So I have to go back now to my GP and get another blood test referral and do it again for a couple of items. Make sure they understand what items are exactly on the list. All the best!

16 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Wanderer93I don't imagine you would have to tell your GP. I just told mine that I was getting a hair transplant in India and they want a report for some blood work. One thing to watch out for though. I showed them them the list of things that Eugenix requested. When I sent my results to Eugenix today I was told that two of them were missing. So I have to go back now to my GP and get another blood test referral and do it again for a couple of items. Make sure they understand what items are exactly on the list. All the best!

In my case I went to a lab with the list that Eugenix provided me and they did a blood test that was including all that they were requesting.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, juanjs84 said:

In my case I went to a lab with the list that Eugenix provided me and they did a blood test that was including all that they were requesting.

@juanjs84 was this when you arrived in India or prior to leaving your home country?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys Has anyone been recently ?i am meant to be travelling in late march but see there is still issues with flying to india and testing quarantining on arrival according to government websites. 

anyone with a recent trip could you update on what happens upon arrival with testing thanks

@Wanderer93 can you keep us updated on how this plays out for you. Have you already booked flights and if so, how's all the pricing worked out for you with the flights l, hotels etc.

I am looking into using Eugenix potentially as a place for my Hair Transplant and would also be travelling from the UK albeit probably from Manchester. 

• 2 months later...

Okay, i wanna bump this thread. 

I have tried to ring the High Commission of India in London and their contact number as recommended to do so for my Visa by the VFS. It constantly rings out, can't leave a voicemail as its got a full inbox and it cuts the line. 

I have also shot an email with my full name, DOB, application number, passport number and VFS location i applied at. 

How long do they usually take to respond? 

I applied on 4th Feb 2022, and was told i would have to wait a minimum 45 working days and that is completed tomorrow 7/4/22 but i'm trying to make sure i get this sorted by the time i have to travel for my procedure in mid May. 

I feel like the entire process so far is extremely clunky and its been difficult. I just want to get a few tips on how you guys maybe chased up on this. 

Edited by NARMAK