Recommendations on deciding between Dr Resul Yaman and Dr Gokhan Gur

londonla

Just now, JC71 said:

Both really, see how your hair and donor are looking after your first ht. Out of curiosity how is your beard ? Can be a invaluable source for future planning needs. 

Yup another reason why I am more in favour of FueCapilar then Dr Resul. 

Well I am Asian and had a beard by the time I was 14 🤣 so more than enough there. Is that generally chosen as a last resort or is that something I could ask they use in this first HT too?

4 minutes ago, ybism said:

Yup another reason why I am more in favour of FueCapilar then Dr Resul. 

Well I am Asian and had a beard by the time I was 14 🤣 so more than enough there. Is that generally chosen as a last resort or is that something I could ask they use in this first HT too?

It’s something that can be considered at some point, depends on the clinic. Let them assess your scalp donor area first. It just could be something to use in the future. Best used to supplement when you have run out of available scalp hair. And it depends on who are performing the ht. Some are more skilled in its use. I have seen Dr Bicer use it with good effect ! 

16 minutes ago, JC71 said:

It’s something that can be considered at some point, depends on the clinic. Let them assess your scalp donor area first. It just could be something to use in the future. Best used to supplement when you have run out of available scalp hair. And it depends on who are performing the ht. Some are more skilled in its use. I have seen Dr Bicer use it with good effect ! 

Fair enough. 

I think for now I will wait to see if Dr Bicer or Demirsoy get back into contact but I really want everything booked by mid December so will most likely go with FueCapilar, back on medication by the start of March then see where I am in September next year. if all is good then go back for the next one and would make sense to stick with FueCapilar if they have good results first time round. 

What I have seen from FueCapilar the past year is really good so I would probably go with them aswell. I should have probably went to them myself but the price, 2350 euros with Dr Yaman and that they were available in just 1 months time made me choose them, which is bad to choose your Dr on just cost and availability, but I did. 

Not sure why you got the price 2900 euros, it should be 2350.

You can see my thread about Dr Yaman here:

Edited by digi23

• Administrators
13 hours ago, JC71 said:

If you look under the area that’s marked you will notice you have hair loss thats in the centre and dips below the crown. At present it’s mostly central. This would normally be a indicator that you would head to the highest Norwood levels without the use of Fin. Especially at a younger age having it already evident. 
image.jpeg.125ccfe2707f6a92a0784a21fb49697f.jpeg

I think Dr. Bicer is concerned you have aggressive hair loss, the crown coronet is dipping into Norwood 7 category. Getting a hair transplant without stabilizing hair loss could spell disaster. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:53 PM, JC71 said:

Give them another try as they are a very good option ! 

I would t give them another try.  My recent communication with them was equally as weird and frustrating.  A lot of people have been saying the same.  They kept saying they’d get back to me tomorrow….eventually I told them no thanks, I’m not begging to give them business.  I’ve heard of so many people recently saying the same thing.!!

I am going to Dr Raman January 13!! Wish me luck! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2021 at 8:28 PM, JC71 said:

Under no circumstances even consider Vera ! One of the worst hairmills. You could consider Dr Demirsoy if you want another affordable option though. 

Can you provide evidence of this? I have seen far more positive reviews at Vera than negative. I am scheduled for procedure there next week and process has been very professional. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, SP1 said:

Can you provide evidence of this? I have seen far more positive reviews at Vera than negative. I am scheduled for procedure there next week and process has been very professional. Thank you. 

The issue is where are you seeing those reviews ? If it’s online Yelp/Google/trustpilot/real self etc then none of those are a reliable source. 
What matters is actual patient results that are posted on a forum such as this, where we can follow and see the whole 12 month journey. 
Of course the process will be professional but it’s actual real results you can see that matters. And not the cherry picked ones that the clinic will show you.

I have been here for over a decade and cannot remember seeing a decent result from Vera. But have seen poor ones in the various forums I’m part of. 
For example, do you know the Dr who’s doing any of the procedure? Do you know how much the techs will be doing? 
What I’m saying is their are far, far better options you could consider. 

12 minutes ago, JC71 said:

The issue is where are you seeing those reviews ? If it’s online Yelp/Google/trustpilot/real self etc then none of those are a reliable source. 
What matters is actual patient results that are posted on a forum such as this, where we can follow and see the whole 12 month journey. 
Of course the process will be professional but it’s actual real results you can see that matters. And not the cherry picked ones that the clinic will show you.

I have been here for over a decade and cannot remember seeing a decent result from Vera. But have seen poor ones in the various forums I’m part of. 
For example, do you know the Dr who’s doing any of the procedure? Do you know how much the techs will be doing? 
What I’m saying is their are far, far better options you could consider. 

Thank you so much for your response. Obviously it is very difficult to vet these clinics and I appreciate the work you do on this forum. 

My assessment was based on my conversations with them and a number of other clinics as well as seeing user posted videos on Youtube which detailed the whole process from start to finish, including follow up results...which I really couldn't find for any other place in Istanbul. What drew me to them specifically was their communication and detailed analysis of my case, the quality and cleanliness of the facility, the number of years they have been in business, and the number of patients each doctor sees per day (2-3 cases), as well as the fact that there assessment was more conservative (as far as the number of grafts they thought possible and what they could accomplish) than the other places I looked at. They have 5 surgeons all have 7-15 years of experience, which is not assigned to me until they can do the assessment as it is based on my case. The surgeon is handling the assessment, the hairline design and the opening of the channels while the techs will do the rest. 

Would you be able to provide examples of the hit jobs you referenced? I couldn't find any when I searched. 

Also, what other clinics in Istanbul would you recommend over them? 

Thanks for your help,

Scott 

1 minute ago, SP1 said:

Thank you so much for your response. Obviously it is very difficult to vet these clinics and I appreciate the work you do on this forum. 

My assessment was based on my conversations with them and a number of other clinics as well as seeing user posted videos on Youtube which detailed the whole process from start to finish, including follow up results...which I really couldn't find for any other place in Istanbul. What drew me to them specifically was their communication and detailed analysis of my case, the quality and cleanliness of the facility, the number of years they have been in business, and the number of patients each doctor sees per day (2-3 cases), as well as the fact that there assessment was more conservative (as far as the number of grafts they thought possible and what they could accomplish) than the other places I looked at. They have 5 surgeons all have 7-15 years of experience, which is not assigned to me until they can do the assessment as it is based on my case. The surgeon is handling the assessment, the hairline design and the opening of the channels while the techs will do the rest. 

Would you be able to provide examples of the hit jobs you referenced? I couldn't find any when I searched. 

Also, what other clinics in Istanbul would you recommend over them? 

Thanks for your help,

Scott 

Please can you open your own thread ? It’s not fair to derail this one. I’m more than happy to give guidance to much better options In Turkey or elsewhere.