You should share some images to get an idea of how much area needs to be covered. :)
2000 grafts could bring back a hairline no problem.. But if your recession is drastic or you're also balding in your crown; 2000 might not cut it.

It also depends on how many hairs you have per graft.  Do you naturally have thick hair?

Edited by SeanToman

On 11/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, SeanToman said:

You should share some images to get an idea of how much area needs to be covered. :)
2000 grafts could bring back a hairline no problem.. But if your recession is drastic or you're also balding in your crown; 2000 might not cut it.

It also depends on how many hairs you have per graft.  Do you naturally have thick hair?

Hi

Edited by Rocky B

I don’t see any thinning in the crown at all. I just see recession in the front. I don’t know if I am wrong. Also I just got a buzz cut from the back and the sides so it may not appear dense from the back but I don’t see any balding tbh at the back

Edited by Rocky B

2000 should be good enough. Not sure how old you are but need to save grafts in case you need crown work in future. The problem with highly packed small areas is that it requires a lot of graft. Unless you are sure that you will not progress more than NW3 , then you can go with highly packed hairline.

Your hair density looks solid, 2000 grafts will not be an issue in my opinion.  I have thin hair and got away with 3700 grafts, feel free to check out my progress thread for reference.

In regards to your hairline, I'd say 2000 is a great number for your hair thickness.
Most doctors usually manage to take a couple hundred more than expected too.

Are you on any medication in the meantime?

On 11/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, TEXAN35 said:

2000 should be good enough. Not sure how old you are but need to save grafts in case you need crown work in future. The problem with highly packed small areas is that it requires a lot of graft. Unless you are sure that you will not progress more than NW3 , then you can go with highly packed hairline.

hi

Edited by Rocky B

On 11/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, SeanToman said:

Your hair density looks solid, 2000 grafts will not be an issue in my opinion.  I have thin hair and got away with 3700 grafts, feel free to check out my progress thread for reference.

In regards to your hairline, I'd say 2000 is a great number for your hair thickness.
Most doctors usually manage to take a couple hundred more than expected too.

Are you on any medication in the meantime?

Hi 

Edited by Rocky B

3 hours ago, Rocky B said:

Which docs would you recommend. I am 34. Even with more grafts I feel I will have enough left should I need another ht

For High packed, as someone mentioned Hasson and Wong but there are other good ones for Hairline like  Ron, Shapiro, Raymond Konior, Cooley etc. You can have consultations with them and and then see with which one are you most in sync. You can check the ones recommended on the Forum.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Rocky B said:

Hi my main concern is getting a transplant done and having very low density which won’t match my existing hair. I understand it won’t ever be native density but I am aware some docs can do better. I don’t look bad without it currently and have decent hair. Just receding . So I want to get it done properly with good density and am ok with spending money. I would rather be happy with an expensive one than be disgruntled with a cheap one 

9D66EF3E-257B-40DF-818C-4B121DB868C0.jpeg

I think you need to slow down a second!

All of the top doctors will achieve a satisfactory level of density. Realistically you're going to get no more than 50 grafts per cm2. There's cases where things are pushed higher but the harder you push, the less chances of the grafts surviving. Additionally, it's a lot easier to get a higher density over two surgeries than doing it in one pass. So don't necessarily limit yourself to "one and done" thinking.

Rather than ask people for recommendations, you'd be best off looking at the forum's recommended list, then using the search function to look at real patient journey's on the forum and see which results you like from those surgeons. You can then contact those clinics yourself and start to find out what they think and what you like the sound of.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Are you taking finasteride or anything to stabilize your hair loss? You want to be planning a hair transplant for over the lifespan. Not just for the hairline.

I am taking 0.025% topical fin with 5% minox from 4 months now. Don’t want to increase dose or take it orally and won’t regardless of HT. If it doesn’t work I am ok with that but ya I don’t want to take oral fin or increase dosage. I am fine with getting a couple of transplants if I have to. Cost is not a problem 

28 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

All of the top doctors will achieve a satisfactory level of density. Realistically you're going to get no more than 50 grafts per cm2. There's cases where things are pushed higher but the harder you push, the less chances of the grafts surviving. Additionally, it's a lot easier to get a higher density over two surgeries than doing it in one pass. So don't necessarily limit yourself to "one and done" thinking.

Rather than ask people for recommendations, you'd be best off looking at the forum's recommended list, then using the search function to look at real patient journey's on the forum and see which results you like from those surgeons. You can then contact those clinics yourself and start to find out what they think and what you like the sound of.

I did check with H&W. I was guaranteed between 60& 100 grafts per cm. Also I understand two transplants but I don’t want to spend the next 3-4 yrs of my life on my hair. As I said my baseline is decent enuf and I don’t look bald one bit.I don’t necessarily have to get this done but want to. Saying that for now I am only interested in doing this once and be happy with it for atleast the next 6 yrs until I am 40. I looked at eugenix also. That one costs $5000 cad roughly and H&W is $19000 cad. I want to know if the cost difference is justified if someone is looking for a high density hairline 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

This ^

14 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This ^

I have been seeing results. I don’t think all top

14 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This ^

I looked at eugenix also. I have done a lot of research in the last 6 months.  I still need some advice about the cost. That one costs $5000 cad roughly and H&W is $19000 cad. I want to know if the cost difference is justified if someone is looking for a high density hairline 

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Perhaps speak with Eugenix about the density you want and get their feedback and their approach to hair loss. Then compare this with what H+W have said to you? All the best! 

I did speak to eugenix and dr bansal. I am Indian so that would have been easier but she hardly gave any time and seemed super busy. I understand she has a lot of patients but I just didn’t get good vibes. Saying that the cost is substantially more like 5x more so I am just trying to understand if H&W is worth it. Anyone recently gotten a high dense pak with H&W? 

Edited by Rocky B

• Rits changed the title to na