Been quoted £1800 for 4000-4500 grafts for Asli Tarcan

Hello all, I'm still in the process for searching for a clinic.

Fuecapillar (Dr Turan) has agreed to do a 2.5k graft for 3k. So far this is the clinic, I'm planning on going with.

I've looked at Long Hair Centre and Smile Clinic, but can't find enough reviews to go with them.

However a friend of a friends went with Asli Tarcan and says his results are good. I can't meet him in person to see his transplant. I have seen some of Tarcan's work and it's impressive. I emailed them in the morning and they got back to me in the afternoon, fastest a clinic has responded.

So I got the number and sent them a message and then some pictures. They said I would need 4000 to 4500 grafts. More than any clinic has asked recommended.

I just want to know what do people think of Asli Tarcan? How well does he do hairlines?

index.jpg

Please run in the opposite direction of these poor clinics/hairmills. We have seen all sorts of issues from these ! Over harvesting, multi grafts in hairlines, poor growth, poor design to name some. The usual when choosing this type of cheap ht.

You want affordable but quality ? Look at Dr Bicer, HLC, Pekiner or Keser. Or Yaman or Demirsoy. Don’t risk your scalp and be in need of repair in the future. 

** Turan is the only one you should consider, I’m talking of the other names you mentioned ** 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Look at Dr Bicer, HLC, Pekiner or Keser. Or Yaman or Demirsoy.

Hi, I've been turned down by Bicer, HLC and Demirsoy (I'm 24 and they said they won't do the transplant).  Waiting on a response from Yaman. How good is Dr Turan?

4 minutes ago, 53short said:

Hi, I've been turned down by Bicer, HLC and Demirsoy (I'm 24 and they said they won't do the transplant).  Waiting on a response from Yaman. How good is Dr Turan?

Are you on Fin ? It’s possible they might accept you when your a) older b) on a med regime.

Please be careful here, if your being turned away by those clinics then it’s wise to listen. A less ethical clinic/Dr will be more thinking of your money rather than having your best interests in mind. 

• Like 1

Really  apprecaite your honesty. I'm planning on hoping on Fin soon, just waiting for them to arrive. Dr Turan offered to do the hairline, but refused to do the top  (Which is okay, because it's not thinning that bad as of yet). He said he'd do the hairline only and I should take fin. I think that's what made me want to go for him. Because he could have said do the top too and he could have made more money from me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 53short said:

Really  apprecaite your honesty. I'm planning on hoping on Fin soon, just waiting for them to arrive. Dr Turan offered to do the hairline, but refused to do the top  (Which is okay, because it's not thinning that bad as of yet). He said he'd do the hairline only and I should take fin. I think that's what made me want to go for him. Because he could have said do the top too and he could have made more money from me.

That’s a pretty good compromise by him to be fair. And its good he also mentioned Fin. Both Fin & Minox are likely going to really help you in the long term. 

• Administrators

I would definitely consider other options. Dr. Bicer, Dr. Barghouthi are both way better options.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, 53short said:

You need to get on finasteride and be regular with it for at least 6 months. Mainly to check that you don't experience any bad side effects which will show up pretty quickly.

Your age means you're never far from a total disaster if you make a hasty decision, pick the wrong doctor and/don't plan long term. I assume that at 24 your budget isn't going to be great either.

My best advice is to give yourself plenty of time. And by 'plenty' I mean at least a year. Get on fin, think this through massively, save some more money and keep researching. I understand the haste to do something in your 20's, however, as someone who is now just out of his 20's at 32, I can tell you life very much doesn't end after 30! I don't personally regret waiting, though I should have gotten on finasteride much earlier as I'd be in a stronger position going into my first surgery than I am now.

You've been rejected by credible doctors for a reason. Pay close attention to that! Turan's compromise seems decent, but again, take your time!

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

You need to get on finasteride and be regular with it for at least 6 months. Mainly to check that you don't experience any bad side effects which will show up pretty quickly.

Your age means you're never far from a total disaster if you make a hasty decision, pick the wrong doctor and/don't plan long term. I assume that at 24 your budget isn't going to be great either.

My best advice is to give yourself plenty of time. And by 'plenty' I mean at least a year. Get on fin, think this through massively, save some more money and keep researching. I understand the haste to do something in your 20's, however, as someone who is now just out of his 20's at 32, I can tell you life very much doesn't end after 30! I don't personally regret waiting, though I should have gotten on finasteride much earlier as I'd be in a stronger position going into my first surgery than I am now.

You've been rejected by credible doctors for a reason. Pay close attention to that! Turan's compromise seems decent, but again, take your time!

Exactly this^ if an ethical doctor like Bicer said no, you’re probably not a good candidate at this time. Any doctor can tell you what you wanna hear to take your money, but the ones who don’t are the ones you should listen too.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, 53short said:

Hello all, I'm still in the process for searching for a clinic.

Fuecapillar (Dr Turan) has agreed to do a 2.5k graft for 3k. So far this is the clinic, I'm planning on going with.

I've looked at Long Hair Centre and Smile Clinic, but can't find enough reviews to go with them.

However a friend of a friends went with Asli Tarcan and says his results are good. I can't meet him in person to see his transplant. I have seen some of Tarcan's work and it's impressive. I emailed them in the morning and they got back to me in the afternoon, fastest a clinic has responded.

So I got the number and sent them a message and then some pictures. They said I would need 4000 to 4500 grafts. More than any clinic has asked recommended.

I just want to know what do people think of Asli Tarcan? How well does he do hairlines?

index.jpg

Asli Tarcan is probably the absolute most dangerous clinic in all of Turkey. Out of like 25 cases I have seen, its been 2-3 with decent donor area left, the other ones totally destroyed.

Quno & Smile are also some of the worst.

I have researched them quite alot recently, it seems to be a popular choice for afro hair. Pretty much everyone have good yield but their donor area are now bald now scars on it. They are also speaking of crazy stuff, you can see this video of some famous youtuber. Makes me sick.

I have seen quite alot of good results from Dr Turan & Gur of FueCapilar recently, they seem extremely popular aswell. They are serious doing 1 patient a day. I would recommend Dr Demirsoy, Dr Bicer before FueCap tho.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

100% agree. If there was an official Top 5 Worst HT Clinics in Turkey, Asli Tarcan would be on it.

I've seen the most cases when it comes to over harvesting from this clinic. A semi popular YouTube just had a review from Asli Tarcan and he complained about an allergic reaction when they gave him two different medications with the same purpose... Very very dangerous clinic. Asli Tarcan has a business degree and in her social media videos it shows her harvesting grafts, applying anesthesia, she has no medical training or background whatsoever. She seems to put on a show and it's all about marketing and the glitz and glamor rather than people's health and hair. I was horrified on the stuff I've seen from her clinic when it comes to destroying people's donor.

• Like 3

Don't walk away.. run

• Like 2

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Moderators

This is general advice for you based on your age and current hair loss. No matter who you end up going to, do not go for anything near 4500 grafts to greatly lower your hairline. You will need those grafts later when you lose more hair and you won't have them available if you drastically lower the hairline, plus you will be left with a thick band of low hair with nothing behind it which will look silly

I'm not telling you not to get a hair transplant at your age, but you do need to be conservative with where you place the hairline and how dense you try to make it. At your age you want to get to something that is an improvement, but not something that will cause you trouble long term. You can always add more hair or lower the hairline a bit in a few years if you don't lose more hair, but right now you don't want to just throw all your donor grafts at the current situation.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.