Dr Arshad- 2000 grafts with hair dr

Mattmarsh101

Hi guys,

I have been a silent observer of the forum for about a year. 

I had my surgery with the hair dr in April this year. 

I will be 7 months in this Sunday and am really posting (selfishly) to see what you guys think about the progress thus far. 

I have, of course, seen posts from a few that haven't been too content with their progress and this has naturally been a worry of mine.

I spoke with Adam last week and had a very productive chat which calmed many of my anxieties. I know I am just over half way of the journey so there are hopefully some good months to come. 

I have been taking finasteride (without side effects), saw palmetto and biotin for the past 7 months. 

I have attached a before  and after both wet and dry. Also a pic of day 1/2 

Any commeScreenshot_20211105-195745_Layout.thumb.jpg.0cee7527f8f8f80370f29ddbc0f3af0e.jpgnts/advice would be great 👍Screenshot_20211105-203725_Gallery.thumb.jpg.184355a0a1eaa7b1d5a5fec3c4d8f59c.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-203804_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20211105_193853.jpg

Edited by Mattmarsh101

• Mattmarsh101 changed the title to Dr Arshad- 2000 grafts with hair dr
  • Valued Contributor

Maybe it's just me but it seems you've posted the same photo twice (before & after the Op).

If the last photo on the bottom right is you current progress after 7 months then I'm not sure I'm seeing much of a cosmetic different at all. Are you maybe able to post some more photos chronologically? And do you maybe have some progress photos through the immediate pre & post op and then monthly so we can better see what is happening month to month?

Apologies for the lack of clarity with the initial pics@Berba11.

None at all!? Although I'm not thrilled with the progress, I'm Surprised to hear you say no difference I must say.

In the below pic- bottom left is pre surgery, bottom middle immediately after, bottom right 1 week post. Top left is 7 months wet and top right is 7 months dry.

IMG_20211106_010911.thumb.jpg.e7729f49dd7f1d1f9d72bac41f6de99b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattmarsh101 said:

None at all!? Although I'm not thrilled with the progress, I'm Surprised to hear you say no difference I must say.

In the below pic- bottom left is pre surgery, bottom middle immediately after, bottom right 1 week post. Top left is 7 months wet and top right is 7 months dry.

I am not seeing any difference aswell, probably because of the position the photos been taken. 

Possibly a lower hairline and less temple peaks I am seeing but its impossible to do any evaluation witht these photos.

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Mattmarsh101 said:

I didn't say "no difference at all", I said "I'm not sure I'm seeing much difference...", which is possibly due to your choice of photos/angle of the pictures.

That said, I have to question why you had a hair transplant to begin with? You seemed to have a very good and strong hairline, with a very small and natural amount of age-appropriate looking recession at the temples (but not really enough to justify doing anything to, imo). And from the pictures you're using here, I'm just not quite seeing any significant difference between your dry pre-op hair and your 7 month post-op dry hair. Is it better than before? I don't know to be honest because it's hard to tell from these photos.

Can you show us some comparative pictures from the front (looking straight into the camera) and also a side profile picture? Did the clinic not take high resolution pre & post op photos?

And what are your feelings about things at this stage?

• Administrators

The pictures are a little difficult to tell apart, but I believe this is the result D8E66437-4F1E-4728-80A9-CA873A39FF17.jpeg

I think the change is obvious, but of course you had excellent hair before, so it’s harder to see a big difference. Can you share some photos from the side and facing forward?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Mattmarsh101 said:

What’s throwing people off is the order, normally it would be the before on top and the after on the bottom. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Matt - I've actually booked my surgery with Arshad for this December!

I think people are struggling to see the difference because you already had a decent hairline before but now you've lowered it. That being said, ignoring where your hairline is, you can definitely notice improvement on the temples.

Maybe if you had a side on one that would help? Did you suffer any shock loss?