Post Op Questions

Are you having FUT or FUE?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

You can wear a loose fitted cap almost immediately. Winter ski cap you mean beanie? I would wait until the grafts shed 3-4 weeks.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If it's FUE, I wore a ball cap the next day. The key is though that it need to be a high-brimmed snap back that you can make loose enough to carefully place on your head without it coming into contact with any of the grafts. It was actually necessary for me to be able to do this so that I could take my dog out on walks without exposing my grafts to the sun. 

As for a beanie, waiting 3-4 weeks would be a safe bet - but at the same time, the grafts are completely secure by Day 10 (or Day 14 on the conservative side), so technically they should be okay? But I would still be uneasy about it tbh. My concern with a beanie would be that it could irritate your scalp and could lead to increased pimples, folliculitis, etc. - so I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing that for a few weeks myself. 

All of that said, I would run this past your doctor and get his input if it's something you need a clearer answer on, as every surgeon is going to have different guidelines for this. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

If you are having FUT, the concern would be a cap putting tension on the scar post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY