Dr. Bicer - First Impressions?

Quick update: 

Currently on day 52 (7 weeks 3 days).

I think everything is going well. Recipient area is looking well and the donor area looks pretty much healed. I did have some redness but that looks to be gone now. This picture was taken with flash and there is still barley any red left. 

IMG-20211216-WA0004.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy 3 months!

I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far. From what I've read on other posts, the growth between month 3 and month 6 is very exciting to watch. Donor area still looks fine, but I'm expecting that to heal more in the coming months. 

For what it's worth, as I get a lot of questions about this, I'm using 5% minoxidil and I'm not taking finasteride. 

IMG-20220126-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20220126-WA0013.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, HairTransplantNovice said:

Happy 3 months!

I'm pleased with the progress I've made so far. From what I've read on other posts, the growth between month 3 and month 6 is very exciting to watch. Donor area still looks fine, but I'm expecting that to heal more in the coming months. 

For what it's worth, as I get a lot of questions about this, I'm using 5% minoxidil and I'm not taking finasteride. 

IMG-20220126-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20220126-WA0013.jpg

Any reason you're not taking fin considering your age and aggressive hairloss pattern?

11 hours ago, NDAustralia said:

Any reason you're not taking fin considering your age and aggressive hairloss pattern?

To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind to take fin. Especially as Dr. Bicer didn't recommend it for me.

From my personal understanding, finasteride will protect native hair from succumbing to the male pattern baldness. In my opinion, that just seems like that is delaying the inevitable. At some point, the whole top of my native hair will fall out so I may as well just get it out of the way, let it fall out and then fix it with a couple of hair transplants. 

I'm always open to new information if I've got this wrong but that's what I understand so far. 

Hi - Great progress. Happy for you. I did have some questions for you regarding Dr. Bicer. 

Do you mind telling how much the operation costed? I recently got a quote about a week or two ago and the price was higher than I anticipated to be honest. 

Also, how long did you have to wait for your appointment? And do you have to make a deposit to schedule and appointment?

appreciate your help/feedback in advance. 

Just now, Randomdude said:

Hi - Great progress. Happy for you. I did have some questions for you regarding Dr. Bicer. 

Do you mind telling how much the operation costed? I recently got a quote about a week or two ago and the price was higher than I anticipated to be honest. 

Also, how long did you have to wait for your appointment? And do you have to make a deposit to schedule and appointment?

appreciate your help/feedback in advance. 

Hi, thanks a lot! I'll send you a message so we can chat rather than going back and forth on here 👍 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3.5 month update: I can see a bit of growth since the last update, but generally, I feel much more confident going out without a cap now. I put a few fibres in and it look great, even at this early stage. It's crazy looking back at my progress at 7 weeks when I was totally bald. It seems like a lifetime ago.

SmartSelect_20220210-154614_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's an insanely good result for 3000 grafts in that large of an area.  And based on your most recently posted picture, it looks like that hairline would stand up to scrutiny.  I think the few hairs in the very front make it look quite natural.