cb0301 solvent , daily dose

H.K

Hi ,

I need to ask about the best solvent for cb0301 , as per patent , it was ethanol:PG:DEGEE in 1:1:1 

since i can't source DEGEE at the moment , i'll use ethanol and PG in 1:1 or 70:30 ethanol:PG  , 

so my question is , shall a 96% ethanol be used in this case ? or shall it be diluted .. 

i mean is it too harsh to use 96% ethanol on scalp ..

Also , i see no mention on how much mg in total to use per day , study takes about using 2.5,5,7.5 percent w/v , however the amount of volume you gonna use will determine how much mg in total is delivered to the scalp .. 

Edited by H.K

• Administrators

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about this, I’ll tag in @mustang he may know more. Also, I’d be interested to see if Dr. Mwamba ever decides to compound this. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, mustang said:

I think the pharmacy in Andorra compounds CB with the right vehicle

It's 250 EUR for 60ml or 300 EUR for 100 ml at 7.5% with 1:1:1 ETH-PG-TC

Maybe they will sell the vehicle but itself too 

what's TC ? 

where i live it's fairly easy to get 96% ethanol . but my question is shall i dilute it before mix it with PG  ( 50:50 or  70:30) ... note i can't source DEGEE mentioned in patent .

i'm afraid 96% can be harsh on scalp , i mean you can feel slight burn sensation when it's on your hand  when you touch it  ,, however from what i read when people compound ru58841 for example , they use 96% ethanol normally with PG  .. 

also did anyone  tried K&B with cb0301 ? 

6 minutes ago, H.K said:

what's TC ? 

where i live it's fairly easy to get 96% ethanol . but my question is shall i dilute it before mix it with PG  ( 50:50 or  70:30) ... note i can't source DEGEE mentioned in patent .

i'm afraid 96% can be harsh on scalp , i mean you can feel slight burn sensation when it's on your hand  when you touch it  ,, however from what i read when people compound ru58841 for example , they use 96% ethanol normally with PG  .. 

also did anyone  tried K&B with cb0301 ? 

Transcutol 

You can use 50:50

I think KB has water. CB is highly hydrophobic.  That won't work. 

•  27% Demineralized water

Also, don't use the CB from Kane. I tested it once in a Lab and came back at 48% purity. Suspiciously close to 50% as in cutting it in half with whatever other stuff to double their profits. 

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mustang said:

Transcutol 

You can use 50:50

I think KB has water. CB is highly hydrophobic.  That won't work. 

•  27% Demineralized water

Also, don't use the CB from Kane. I tested it once in a Lab and came back at 48% purity. Suspiciously close to 50% as in cutting it in half with whatever other stuff to double their profits. 

yea so Transcutol  is basically DEGEE , same as patent .. 

possibly will get it from chemyo , thanks for the head up .

will try 50 "96% ethanol" : 50 PG 

• Like 1

i have one more question , after how much time shedding start when people use finasteride or minoxidil .

I'm just checking so i don't quit using cb0301 at the wrong time if i face excess shedding . 

• 5 weeks later...

I have been using CB aka Clascoterone for 4 years now, it works well at keeping hair without side effects. I use ethanol 96% as well - the Polmos rectified spirit, that's all for vehicle.

I don't add PG as I don't like how it makes my hair greasy but at bit of PG may help. I apply small bits then massage hard as it dries fast. I don't use FIN or DUT, the 2 other are Minox and Stemoxydine. Stemox helps the minox works better IMO. all 3 are topicals.

Edited by elduterino
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, elduterino said:

I have been using CB aka Clascoterone for 4 years now, it works well at keeping hair without side effects. I use ethanol 96% as well - the Polmos rectified spirit, that's all for vehicle.

I don't add PG as I don't like how it makes my hair greasy but at bit of PG may help. I apply small bits then massage hard as it dries fast. I don't use FIN or DUT, the 2 other are Minox and Stemoxydine. Stemox helps the minox works better IMO. all 3 are topicals.

Thanks alot for your input ..

I tried Stemoxydine before , it's good but i feel shed start slowly after stop using it , did you face the same issue ? 

It means Stemoxydine is working for you.

These drugs are for life..I would start shedding pretty bad if I ever stop Clasco, or Minox, or Stemox.

What Stemox does is to greatly lengthen the growth phase.

A shortening of the growth phase is one of the symptoms of MPB. Plus the drug has zero side effects unlike Minox.

5 hours ago, elduterino said:

It means Stemoxydine is working for you.

These drugs are for life..I would start shedding pretty bad if I ever stop Clasco, or Minox, or Stemox.

What Stemox does is to greatly lengthen the growth phase.

A shortening of the growth phase is one of the symptoms of MPB. Plus the drug has zero side effects unlike Minox.

yes I believe stemox is safe .. although  less studied compared to minox ... 

for me stemox give me weird  dizziness and teeth pain , so i was splitting the dose over the day  , that's why i stopped using it . i have low blood pressure originally .. 

it's side effect that can be tolerated if medicine is to be used short term  , but it's pretty annoying to stick with it for life .. 

so what do you refer to by minox side effects ?? 

how do you compare effect of minox vs cb0301 vs stemox ... "i know they work via different pathway , so it's nice idea to combine 3" 

If you have blood pressure issues, you need to watch your minox usage, it will lower blood pressure. I doubt Stemox has any effect on blood pressure. I also took oral Minox 5mg a day and it gave me strong heartbeats due to low pressure at times.

I use topical Minox in the morning, Stemox in the afternoon and Clasco at  night. All 3 are ethnaol based topicals so they make the scalp more porous over time which means you need less Clasco powder to have the same effect