Potential Transplant Advice?

Hi everyone,

Will try and keep this short and sweet.

I’ve been balding for around 4/5 years, and began to notice this at the age of 21 - I’m now 26. I already had thin hair, but begun to notice the front receding and since then I have been losing and noticing major thinning of my hair, at the front, crown and top.

I have previously used finasteride for around a year and a half, but noticed very little difference, and some major, unwanted side effects. 

I have fairly recently begun minoxidil, so yet to see any results here.

However, I am researching into having a hair transplant, mainly looking at the U.K. and Turkey. Really, really like the look of Dr Bicer in Turkey, she does a fantastic job on some of her patients, and I like the fact she works on one patient a day.

Also, have a consultation with the Private Clinic and Clinic Center later this week, and have enquired at Hair of Istanbul, Now. Hair Time and Cosmedica, but have been a little put off by the number of bad reviews on sites like this one, or a lack of experience from Drs (or technicians doing the job), or an incredibly low cost.

Any advice or thoughts here on Drs and how to try and revitalise my hairline would be fantastic.

FDEA6286-3EDA-4D79-B269-083418FAD231.jpeg

BD099C73-4731-4928-B473-B7397DA03255.jpeg

F3DC92EB-E3CB-49D2-A7DE-33673E8B07BC.jpeg

2E2458D4-B601-45EB-BCDF-EBA539DA4BFE.jpeg

DABDC505-BA8F-4AC3-96DE-4FC6439780B6.jpeg

CE9D8A82-40B7-4C02-BF8A-9488EEF7D673.jpeg

2242AF26-DDD2-41EB-9AAF-32BA0481DEF8.jpeg

7ECF5CDB-FF4B-4EA3-BB78-09945A6ACD06.jpeg

Forget all those names apart from Dr Bicer. The Uk has some Drs doing ok work but they are hardly world elite, the ones you mentioned are not even the best we have to offer. In Turkey you could consider Dr Bicer, Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser, HLC or even Demirsoy or Yaman.

However if you want a even better choice then you should consider someone like Eugenix (India) they are doing very good work ! 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all your advice here John, really useful. And yes, I think the Dr I’m most keen on is Dr.Bicer - her work looks fantastic, and I’ve requested a consultation with her. They’ve been a tad slow in responses, but I’m keen to go down that route and hopefully book something in with her 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RP1995 said:

Thanks a lot for all your advice here John, really useful. And yes, I think the Dr I’m most keen on is Dr.Bicer - her work looks fantastic, and I’ve requested a consultation with her. They’ve been a tad slow in responses, but I’m keen to go down that route and hopefully book something in with her 😀

I do really like her work, but it’s always good to consider others too. I’m glad you arrived on the forum before you gave the other names you mentioned any real consideration. They are either over priced poor clinics or Turkish hair mills. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I do really like her work, but it’s always good to consider others too. I’m glad you arrived on the forum before you gave the other names you mentioned any real consideration. They are either over priced poor clinics or Turkish hair mills. 

Definitely agree, been doing research into it on and off for a few years, but have recently been looking into it properly and have found nothing but good reviews about Dr.Bicer, whilst the others have numerous bad reviews and seem to be hair mills.

Definitely will be looking into the other accredited Dr’s on your link, and hopefully I hear back from Dr. Bicer soon too! 

thanks for all your help

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RP1995 said:

Definitely agree, been doing research into it on and off for a few years, but have recently been looking into it properly and have found nothing but good reviews about Dr.Bicer, whilst the others have numerous bad reviews and seem to be hair mills.

Definitely will be looking into the other accredited Dr’s on your link, and hopefully I hear back from Dr. Bicer soon too! 

thanks for all your help

Yes we have seen good work for quite a while and she was added to the forums recommended list this year. You will find the odd poor result for every single clinic/Dr but it’s the consistency that’s key. Dr Bicer shows very good after care support, many don’t !

• Like 1

As John says, don't go with the UK clinics, no need. I like Bicer a lot for her price point and level of involvement, don't get me wrong, she is one of the best budget options. But, if you can double your budget and go to the 2.5 to 3 EUR per graft range then you're putting yourself into a whole other league of really as good as it gets. Check out Vila, Ferreira and Pinto from the list John has linked in the thread.

With all that said, you really need to be careful considering your age, pattern of loss and plans not to take meds. You're heading straight to NW5 at 26 and who knows where it will progress in the decades after that. At best, with no meds, you're certainly going to need to get a number of transplants in the next 10+ years to keep up with continued loss, if you stop or slow heavily around NW5, then you should be good for quite some time, but if not, maybe you run out of grafts. Something to think about...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RP1995 said:

It is a good thing she is slow, that means she is one of the best.

• Like 1