Needing advice on my situation!

I need advice on qualified doctors near Kentucky for an FUT procedure. I am only 22 with a very high hairline. I have not experienced hair loss, I simply have always had this hairline. I have found a few places in Nashville but question them due to reviews online. Any recommendations on who is fantastic or who to stay away from would be great! 

• Confused 1

Hi Morgan! Fellow Kentucky native here. :) I'm glad you found this forum before jumping into any big decisions. A few quick notes to jumpstart this journey for you...

• Use the list of recommended surgeons on this forum as a good starting point for familiarizing yourself with various surgeons and the type of work they do.
  • As convenient and tempting as it can be to make your decision based largely on location/proximity, don't let that be a sole determining factor. Getting a hair transplant is a huge decision, and it's best to choose the surgeon you really feel the best about - even it means a little bit of travel. 
  • I'm not sure how much you know about the ins and outs of hair restoration, but take advantage of this forum and browse various threads and really familiarize yourself with the entire process. You'll want to know as much about it as possible when you start having consultations so that you can ask informed and educated questions. 
  • Once you narrow down the surgeons to some of your top choices, I recommend having consultations with 2-3 of them. Most surgeons will do these virtually if you don't live close enough to go in person. Then compare the different recommendations they each have for you, ask them lots of questions, see what their concerns are specifically regarding your age (because you are quite young!), and how they'll take that into account. Then you can compare and contrast their different viewpoints. 

All of that said, the main surgeon that comes to my mind in close proximity to Kentucky is Dr. Konior in Chicago... So definitely give him a look if you want a solid place to start. 

I hope that helps gets the wheels turning - and best of luck! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, and continue utilizing the members here. They're all super helpful and knowledgeable. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

You really need to provide some photos, and especially since you stated you do not have genetic hair loss… lowering an existing hair line is not easy because it will take thousands of single hair grafts…and if your existing hair line is dense and/or you have a wide color contrast, it will be a challenge to produce a visual result that looks natural and aesthetically pleasing.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

17 hours ago, Morganclark said:

I need advice on qualified doctors near Kentucky for an FUT procedure. I am only 22 with a very high hairline. I have not experienced hair loss, I simply have always had this hairline. I have found a few places in Nashville but question them due to reviews online. Any recommendations on who is fantastic or who to stay away from would be great! 

At 22 please don’t consider any clinic. You don’t need to be starting out with FUT with no hair loss. No ethical clinic will consider you before 25. Could you show us pics ? Maybe the high hairline suits you. It could look odd if you was to lower it. Who knows what will happen in the future with regards to MPB. We really need to plan ahead and think of how we can best use our finite donor area for not just the here and now. Imagine using thousands of grafts on lowering a hairline and then in 10 years needing more for the rest of your head ? 

• Valued Contributor

At 22 any surgeon who is willing to operate upon you because you have a 'very high hairline' is your green light to run a country mile! In fact could you please post the names of any surgeons who do agree? I feel for you because I went through the exact same thing you are going through now (only at 18) and you are only jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire if you even consider life altering surgery that you will have to look at for the rest of your life! You have so many options so please keep asking questions on this forum. All I can say is thank God you found this forum prior to the biggest mistake you could make, rather than after it!

• Like 1