Did you have or know anyone who used electrolysis?

Hi all

Did you have or know anyone who used electrolysis to remove any unwanted hair?

I had a hair transplant a few years ago and even though i was happy with it, I’ve had to stop taking medication. This has meant my hair loss has continued and hair behind the transplanted hairline has receded more.

I'm in a pretty low place right now and am looking into electrolysis to kill any grafts that have been placed too far down my hairline.  Im not interested in a repair work as I don’t want any more scarring especially on the front of my head.

any help would be highly appreciated.

1900 grafts FUE

• 2 years later...

@RTC hey! Yes i had my first electrolysis session 1 month ago. It was fairly minor, only 50 so hairs removed

I will say, in my case i had badly angled hair interspersed with good so there is a significant possiblity the electrologist may have non-intentionally killed some of the good grafts, but in the grand scheme of things it was worth it

I think electrolysis/laser has a fantastic use case for anyone who has bad angles. 

The only thing i regret is not doing electrolysis at the start of my repair journey, because then it would have been much much easier to identify the bad grafts vs good and really mass zap everything

Unfortunately i can only gamble on zapping the obviously bad grafts and will have to wait for my next repair surgery for the less obvious bad hairs to be removed

For anyone who is solely looking to kill bad grafts and is not interested in future implant surgeries such as qui bono and potentially you @RTC, i think electrolysis is the way to go

Yes you absolutely are killing grafts that could be put to good use elsewhere, but at the same time electrolysis is much quicker and all electrolysis sessions combined would still probably cost 10% of what a repair surgery is

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 11:58 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

@RTC hey! Yes i had my first electrolysis session 1 month ago. It was fairly minor, only 50 so hairs removed

I will say, in my case i had badly angled hair interspersed with good so there is a significant possiblity the electrologist may have non-intentionally killed some of the good grafts, but in the grand scheme of things it was worth it

I think electrolysis/laser has a fantastic use case for anyone who has bad angles. 

The only thing i regret is not doing electrolysis at the start of my repair journey, because then it would have been much much easier to identify the bad grafts vs good and really mass zap everything

Unfortunately i can only gamble on zapping the obviously bad grafts and will have to wait for my next repair surgery for the less obvious bad hairs to be removed

For anyone who is solely looking to kill bad grafts and is not interested in future implant surgeries such as qui bono and potentially you @RTC, i think electrolysis is the way to go

Yes you absolutely are killing grafts that could be put to good use elsewhere, but at the same time electrolysis is much quicker and all electrolysis sessions combined would still probably cost 10% of what a repair surgery is

Did you go to an electrolysis clinic or have an at home device?

25 minutes ago, hairman4321 said:

Did you go to an electrolysis clinic or have an at home device?

Clinic. Im not sure why anyone would use an at home device.

Go to a professional because there is way less risk and also each clinic session only costs a bit more than the cost of a nice haircut

I'm also curious about this topic. Anyone have an idea on how much it would cost to electrolysis or laser hair removal 2000 grafts? 

I'm curious what the cost would be if one wanted to get 2000 put into their hairline and still retain the possibility of removing them eventually.