From novice to new hair. Dr Bicer. 4000 grafts October 2022

7 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

Looks very good. Did Dr Bicer start the hairline at your existing forelock or did she raise or lower it at all? 

We had a long chat about the options and decided to work with the existing forelock as a baseline for the hairline. She’s added density to it. I need further work to my mid scalp and crown. With that in mind we decided to keep it conservative. 

Im still in my 30s and whilst my hair loss has stabilised thanks to Fin there is still a chance over time it slowly loses effectiveness and again progresses.  Having some grafts still ‘in the tank’ for touch ups should this happen was also a factor in not lowering the hairline. Conversations like that are why I went with Bicer. It wasn’t simply about the here and now result, it was  her long term thinking that stood out from other consultations I had.

Edited by ScottishGuy21

7 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

We had a long chat about the options and decided to work with the existing forelock as a baseline for the hairline. She’s added density to it. I need further work to my mid scalp and crown. With that in mind we decided to keep it conservative. 

Im still in my 30s and whilst my hair loss has stabilised thanks to Fin there is still a chance over time it slowly loses effectiveness and again progresses.  Having some grafts still ‘in the tank’ for touch ups should this happen was also a factor in not lowering the hairline. Conversations like that are why I went with Bicer. It wasn’t simply about the here and now result, it was long term her long term thinking that stood out from other consultations I had.

That sounds very sensible mate. 

I feel like my surgeon overdid it with the hairline and left me with not many crafts left to cover the crown or any future loss. 

Long term thinking is always best 

4 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

That sounds very sensible mate. 

I feel like my surgeon overdid it with the hairline and left me with not many crafts left to cover the crown or any future loss. 

Long term thinking is always best 

I had 4000 grafts myself which is a fairly big amount so try not to worry too much.

If you’re on Fin and your hairloss is stabilised there’s plenty of Doctors who work wonders with limited donor supplies.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

You are right on track ...already seeing a huge difference..you will start getting more growth from now on till 16 to 18 months .....you will enjoy your head full of hairs soon...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 5 weeks later...

6 months in. 

I’ve taken photos with my hair styled and then messy so you can get a better picture of growth. There’s also one in direct harsh sunlight.

Overall very happy with progress this month. Hair has got noticeably thicker , hoping that continues. There is still a thinner area behind my original forelock but I know this area tends to lag behind the hairline. Thoughts now starting to turn to my second planned surgery to address my midscalp.

51FAE607-7F01-459F-9E97-6AE5689DF41E.jpeg

21AC08A4-6E90-4731-B27A-D321FB90208C.jpeg

BB1AA479-0592-4118-9DD5-A843F2D08EC1.jpeg

950F8C70-7959-45F6-ABE8-39CF0F08F3F4.jpeg

927B9245-ABAC-419C-9973-EB9677BC2878.jpeg

684BFF05-BDE7-4A2E-A655-2EF8AEFDD494.jpeg

F2C5E371-1337-457D-9793-6A43517434FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would recommend not getting an HT unless you can afford a decent surgeon. You need at least 5,000 grafts, even a good doctor in Turkey is gonna charge near 10k. I would not be swayed by cheap hair transplants, instead focus on quality, the absolute cheapest doctor is Bicer at 1.5 per graft. 
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

Can you update the title Melvin to reflect this thread now being a post surgery progression review? Tried to do it myself but it won’t allow.

2 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Great results and improvement already, congratulations you deserve it after all the careful research and planning 👍🏼

Thanks . It’s a daunting process when you first start researching but thank god I found this forum 🙂

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to From novice to new hair. Dr Bicer. 4000 grafts October 2022
  • Administrators

Significant difference already 👍🏼4AE81A9E-0DD8-4323-A067-9DA310EC3223.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. 

The last 2 weeks it’s really taken off. I’ve not mixed much around so can only attribute the extra kick to a change in weather season (my existing hair has also had a noticeable uplift). 

• 1 month later...

8 months. Probably my final check in now until month 12 as my hair seems to have pretty much settled. 

Indoor and bright outdoor shots. Very happy where I am, can’t thank Dr Bicer enough. I wear my hair in a side part but have also shown several other angles. The right side has a life of its own , grows far quicker than the left, at times it’s hard to control it grows that quick (A nice problem to have 🤣)

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, duckling said:

big improvement !  hair looks so much dense now from top view with more months of results to come . Hairline will take more time .

Thanks I feel like a new man. The plan is to reassess at month 12

I’ve a second procedure booked to strengthen the midscalp, if needs be can also reinforce the hairline too. To be honest if you’d have given me this as an end result I’d have bit your hand off. Any growth / thickening going forward now is a bonus.

Edited by ScottishGuy21