Hair Transplant Recommendations for Black Man in England

Hi Everyone,

First of all thanks for all the information on here, I am a long time lurker.

I am an African man with a receding hairline and need some references for my hair transplant specifically in the UK.

My hairline started receding when I was 19 and stopped the aggressive receding when I was roughly 26, I am now 32 and want to do something about it. I had SMP done as well a few years ago as visible in the photos.

I am currently in the UK and will be looking at possible options in England and I am not looking to travel elsewhere for the same.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Ras

• Administrators
  • Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Ras why would you want to sacrifice the outcome of your surgery and pay more for a UK Doctor that isn’t skilled in African hair just to avoid a 5h Eurostar train to Brussels where you have the best Doctors in the world for African hair; Dr. Lupanzula or Dr. Bisanga…

Please consider getting on that 5h train instead of paying more to get a worst result and possibly have to get on that train anyway to get a repair surgery. 

Wish you all the best with your HT.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

Thank you @Portugal25 @JohnAC71 for the advice. You're right, I will look into other options outside the U.K and settle on the best one. From what I have seen there are not that many references on Afro hair in the UK no matter how hard I try and look so will need to expand my options. Really appreciate your time and slap back to reality :).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ras said:

Thank you @Portugal25 @JohnAC71 for the advice. You're right, I will look into other options outside the U.K and settle on the best one. From what I have seen there are not that many references on Afro hair in the UK no matter how hard I try and look so will need to expand my options. Really appreciate your time and slap back to reality :).

Consult with the Drs/Clinics we have mentioned and please let us know how you get on 👍🏽

• Like 1