Oral minoxidil dosage

Mat16

Hello,

I am currently on oral minoxidil 2.5mg four times a week. I would like to have a few opinions if this should be enough or I just be taking it 5 times a week with a weekend pause. I don’t want to take it everyday cause I’m a bit afraid of it. So far no sides or anything, but not even a slightest improvement. I even feel like I’m shedding more and my hair is worse.

thank you for the inputs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spring15 said:

How long have you been taking it for? There can be a shed for the first 1-2 months apparently. I am on 10mg everyday , so far no side effects apart from increased body hair

I have been on it for approximately 3-4 weeks

I started taking it about a month ago. I'm taking 5mg on MWF. I thought I was going to be able to split the pill in half and take 2.5 daily, but the damn pills are capsules with powder in the them, ugh! Dr. Bisanga just advised me to take it every other day, no problem.

Too early to talk results as I'm coming from a transplant. But I'm optimistic!

On 9/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, MachoVato said:

I started taking it about a month ago. I'm taking 5mg on MWF. I thought I was going to be able to split the pill in half and take 2.5 daily, but the damn pills are capsules with powder in the them, ugh! Dr. Bisanga just advised me to take it every other day, no problem.

Too early to talk results as I'm coming from a transplant. But I'm optimistic!

They are easy to open. I have got mine as well from Dr. Bisanga... I open them, remove more or less 2.5mg and close them. 5mg was giving me chest pain. So far with 2.5mg I'm doing ok. 

I just finished one box, so that's 3 months. Not sure if I can see any improvement.

2 hours ago, NTCP8 said:

They are easy to open. I have got mine as well from Dr. Bisanga... I open them, remove more or less 2.5mg and close them. 5mg was giving me chest pain. So far with 2.5mg I'm doing ok. 

I just finished one box, so that's 3 months. Not sure if I can see any improvement.

Actually I have requested a lower dosage from dr Bisanga and they gave me 2.5mg capsules without any problem.

31 minutes ago, Mat16 said:

Actually I have requested a lower dosage from dr Bisanga and they gave me 2.5mg capsules without any problem.

Good to know... I have 6 months supply of 5mg left. Will order 2.5mg once I'm out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, ffar said:

I moved from 1mg to 2,5mg after year, after another 2 years I moved into 5mg. So far, results are great. 

That's good to hear. Are you only taking Oral Minox for treating your hair loss? When you say "great" , have you recovered norwoods?